Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#161LinetrixPosted 7/11/2014 6:51:53 PM
AceMos posted...
sony and MS are far more draconian than nintendo ever was flat out forcing devs to put achivements and trophies in games

refusing to allow multiplats to be late on there consoles unless they get exlusive content

and many other things

Hahahaha, *cites 2 wrong things* -> "and many other things". Come on, AceMos. You can be a better fanboy than this.

1) Oh my, "forcing" them to include trophies/achievements is as draconian as not letting devs publish their own games, thus making them pay a fee to Nintendo if they wanted their game on a Nintendo console, PLUS the infamous "Nintendo Seal of Quality" that was just a fancy name for "give me, Nintendo, most of your money or your already finished game will never see the daylight". Hahahaha.

2) That was MS.

3) And many other things. ROFL!
---
It's off-topic to talk about the online portion of TLoU. Only the single player campaign is allowed in TLoU's board. - GameFAQs mod
#162gamebuyer22Posted 7/11/2014 7:04:20 PM
Eordaz9634 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
KungFuPhil posted...
iKhanic posted...
Namco-Bandai, a company that has clearly been on good terms with Nintendo, has opted to delay Project Cars on Wii U. This is proof that companies aren't spiting Nintendo because of some ludicrous bias, but because of a clear financial disincentive.

Or, y'know, maybe there was a technical reason for the delay?

But I guess that's totally out of the question.

A technical reason is still proof that it isn't a conspiracy/bias against Nintendo. Or did you not get the point of this topic. It's more proof that Nintendo didn't make a desirable console, but the fanboys will still blame everyone but Nintendo.

I wonder how many people are going to post that Nintendo should remove Namco from Smash Bros. development? Lol.

Like I said on my other post. Nintendo and it's console are the punching bag of the gaming industry. When either Sony or MS screw up they get the free pass no matter how bad it is.

There is so much victim mentality on here. Poor little you. Not sure if you remember the Ps3s first couple years or X1s atrocious E3 last year. Both Sony and Microsoft have been laughing stocks. This is 2 console gens in a row Nintendo has tried catering to the wrong crowd however. They get the criticism they deserve. Just like Sony and Microsoft had their time. Plus X1 is still the laughing stock so not sure where you have been. Sony learned from the Ps3($600, inferior multplats, slow OS, etc). Maybe Nintendo will realize what people want next time. You know getting games out on time, learning HD, getting 3rd parties, a real account system, stop trying to change the we play videogames, make a competitive system spec wise etc.

I thought the Ps3 was awful the first couple years. I view the Wii U in the same light or worse. The problem with the Wii U is with no 3rd parties its DOA and its only gonna have a handful of first party titles worth owning.
#163AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 7:05:03 PM
AceMos posted...
the big problem here is

if the ps4 version was not ready every version would be delayed

if the xbox one version was not ready every version would be delayed

if the pc version again same thing

it is only nintendo that 3rd parties do this with

and the big issue was project cars IT WAS CROWD FUNDED the wii u version was the first console version anounced

ppl still blame nintendo for being draconian back in the nes and early snes days saying they deserve this

NO

sony and MS are far more draconian than nintendo ever was flat out forcing devs to put achivements and trophies in games

refusing to allow multiplats to be late on there consoles unless they get exlusive content

and many other things

and this entire thing is why i have grown to hate 3rd parties they blame nintendo for there own fualts

this game sold bad on nintendo so its there fualt

no it is the 3rd parties fualt for releasing a gimped port on nintendo and selling it at full price when it is bargain bin price on other devices

it is not nintendos job to cater to 3rd parties

it is the 3rd parties job to make sure there product is worth it to the consumer

---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#164Eordaz9634Posted 7/11/2014 7:17:13 PM
gamebuyer22 posted...
Eordaz9634 posted...
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
KungFuPhil posted...
iKhanic posted...
Namco-Bandai, a company that has clearly been on good terms with Nintendo, has opted to delay Project Cars on Wii U. This is proof that companies aren't spiting Nintendo because of some ludicrous bias, but because of a clear financial disincentive.

Or, y'know, maybe there was a technical reason for the delay?

But I guess that's totally out of the question.

A technical reason is still proof that it isn't a conspiracy/bias against Nintendo. Or did you not get the point of this topic. It's more proof that Nintendo didn't make a desirable console, but the fanboys will still blame everyone but Nintendo.

I wonder how many people are going to post that Nintendo should remove Namco from Smash Bros. development? Lol.

Like I said on my other post. Nintendo and it's console are the punching bag of the gaming industry. When either Sony or MS screw up they get the free pass no matter how bad it is.

There is so much victim mentality on here. Poor little you. Not sure if you remember the Ps3s first couple years or X1s atrocious E3 last year. Both Sony and Microsoft have been laughing stocks. This is 2 console gens in a row Nintendo has tried catering to the wrong crowd however. They get the criticism they deserve. Just like Sony and Microsoft had their time. Plus X1 is still the laughing stock so not sure where you have been. Sony learned from the Ps3($600, inferior multplats, slow OS, etc). Maybe Nintendo will realize what people want next time. You know getting games out on time, learning HD, getting 3rd parties, a real account system, stop trying to change the we play videogames, make a competitive system spec wise etc.

I thought the Ps3 was awful the first couple years. I view the Wii U in the same light or worse. The problem with the Wii U is with no 3rd parties its DOA and its only gonna have a handful of first party titles worth owning.

Yes I understand the situation Nintendo is in but I find it kind of annoying when lots keep brining it up over and over again. And yes I know Sony and MS get criticism but Nintendo's is next level. I see this in other places too.
#165SirkPosted 7/11/2014 7:19:59 PM
AceMos posted...

it is the 3rd parties job to make sure there product is worth it to the consumer

It isn't the third party's job to make a game that is compatible with every system. If a game won't work well or sell well on a system, the company producing the game does not owe it to people who want to play it on that system to make it anyway. Actually, short of an agreement, nobody owes any company anything; they could decide to release the game on one system when having it on multiple systems would be just as easy.

If a third-party produces for Nintendo a sub-par game that could have been done better on the part of the third-party, then the third-party screwed up and Nintendo isn't at fault. However, the company still isn't obliged to work with a system that, under the impression they have gotten from their experience, does not work well with their game.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#166LinetrixPosted 7/11/2014 7:21:58 PM
AceMos posted...

Actually, it is.
---
It's off-topic to talk about the online portion of TLoU. Only the single player campaign is allowed in TLoU's board. - GameFAQs mod
#167AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 7:23:05 PM
Sirk posted...
AceMos posted...

It isn't the third party's job to make a game that is compatible with every system. If a game won't work well or sell well on a system, the company producing the game does not owe it to people who want to play it on that system to make it anyway. Actually, short of an agreement, nobody owes any company anything; they could decide to release the game on one system when having it on multiple systems would be just as easy.

If a third-party produces for Nintendo a sub-par game that could have been done better on the part of the third-party, then the third-party screwed up and Nintendo isn't at fault. However, the company still isn't obliged to work with a system that, under the impression they have gotten from their experience, does not work well with their game.

so you are saying EA was in the right to blame nintendo fans for ME3 failing on the wii u

when they sabotage its sales

you are saying its wii u owners fualt they did not buy AC3 when it was more expneisve then it was every where else

i could go on but i have proven my point

wii u owners have no reason to buy there product when they are getting shafted
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#168Baha05Posted 7/11/2014 7:27:15 PM
Sirk posted...
AceMos posted...

No but it is 3rd party developers jobs to at least try. Sure limitations exists but there should be zero reasons as to why a Wii U version is inferior to a 360/PS3 version of the same game. And more so if they gimp said game with removed features.

Because bottom line people are giving 3rd party developers excuses for gimping titles or releasing them much later and those reasons are often far more counter productive to saving money and serves more as a mean to piss off gamers and Wii U owners.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#169AceMosPosted 7/11/2014 7:31:28 PM
Baha05 posted...
Sirk posted...
AceMos posted...

No but it is 3rd party developers jobs to at least try. Sure limitations exists but there should be zero reasons as to why a Wii U version is inferior to a 360/PS3 version of the same game. And more so if they gimp said game with removed features.

Because bottom line people are giving 3rd party developers excuses for gimping titles or releasing them much later and those reasons are often far more counter productive to saving money and serves more as a mean to piss off gamers and Wii U owners.

indeed
---
#170fire2boxPosted 7/11/2014 7:38:00 PM
Artillatron7 posted...
Nope. Still no word on kingdom hearts 3 Wii U port.

Wont happen. SE are graphic #^&@*(# they'll need to tone every scene of the game down a few "notches" and thats too much work for a system thats practically or already is out sold while having a one year head start on the competition.

Plus Just like Mass Effect 3, players won't experience the first two parts.

Not that it matters as Kingdom Hearts is a seriously convoluted series as much as Metal Gear. The portable games are completely unnecessary and forced peopel to buy ps2, psp and DS just to see the whole story. Now you'll need a ps4 or xbone at least unless they do bring it to PC. Wouch would be a soft blow to Wii U if PC got it but not Wii U.

But PC would easily handle KH3 though and won't require nearly as much work as a Wii U verison.
---
Ivy bridge i5 3570k @3.40GHz | 8 GB DDR3 | single XFX 7870| OCZ 600W Modular. Nvidia, AMD, Intel for life!!
3DS FC: 2208-5221-4039