Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#171SirkPosted 7/11/2014 7:45:26 PM
Baha05 posted...
No but it is 3rd party developers jobs to at least try. Sure limitations exists but there should be zero reasons as to why a Wii U version is inferior to a 360/PS3 version of the same game. And more so if they gimp said game with removed features.

It is bad if the developers claim they can make a good product, and have no limitations against making it, and then fail to deliver that product. Yes. But supposing that that third-party sees no benefit in developing for a console--or that it does not want to for whatever reason and does not have a contract to work for that console's company--it isn't obliged to work with them out of some sort of unseen code.

I don't like Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled at all, but Capcom doesn't owe it to us to make it. We can make good cases why it should be made and point out all of the advantages for Capcom, but Capcom still isn't obliged to make that game.
---
It takes both rain and shine to make a rainbow.
#172Baha05Posted 7/11/2014 8:02:18 PM(edited)
Sirk posted...
It is bad if the developers claim they can make a good product, and have no limitations against making it, and then fail to deliver that product. Yes. But supposing that that third-party sees no benefit in developing for a console--or that it does not want to for whatever reason and does not have a contract to work for that console's company--it isn't obliged to work with them out of some sort of unseen code.

I don't like Mega Man Legends 3 being cancelled at all, but Capcom doesn't owe it to us to make it. We can make good cases why it should be made and point out all of the advantages for Capcom, but Capcom still isn't obliged to make that game.

The problem is that developers ARE making titles yet they are doing so much that seems to be screwing the Wii U versions into selling poorly. Which is a big difference then simply not making a game for the system.

Also for MML3 while they aren't obligated it was a crap move to blame the fans on it's cancellation.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#173mercenary666666Posted 7/11/2014 9:53:07 PM
Eordaz9634 posted...
mercenary666666 posted...
Baha05 posted...
mercenary666666 posted...
Plus, I kinda think if Nintendo was well off, they would have kept the online capabilities of the Wii at least. It's sorta obvious they're failing right now.

Well you can't blame Nintendo for the Wii's online capabilities, those servers were shut down and effected thousands of other games.

Yes, but it brings me back to my point. It's obvious they're failing. I can still play every 360 game I own online no problem. Whether or not it is Nintendo's fault for the servers, the companies realize that moving towards the big 2(or 3 if you count PC) is where they're gonna make their money,

You obviously don't know the state the other tow are right now. Its like they are having heart attacks.

Well, they're most likely in better shape than Nintendo is right now if that's where a majority of developers are putting their major titles. I mean, it's kind of sad that your handheld system sells nearly 40 million more than the console does. Sure the Wii U may have sold more to date than the Xbox One did, but give it time for the major titles to be released, and the sales will skyrocket. Now, compare the Wii to the PS2, which was probably the most successful system of all time. What was it, 13 years that games were being made for it? Meanwhile, the Wii was discontinued the same year the PS2 was. 360 and PS3 are still being made. So, you tell me. Which company appears to be the failing company?
---
Arrogance will get you nowhere in life.No matter what you're good at
#174Cyrax2286Posted 7/12/2014 4:13:52 AM
AceMos posted...
Sirk posted...
AceMos posted...
it is not nintendos job to cater to 3rd parties

it is the 3rd parties job to make sure there product is worth it to the consumer

It isn't the third party's job to make a game that is compatible with every system. If a game won't work well or sell well on a system, the company producing the game does not owe it to people who want to play it on that system to make it anyway. Actually, short of an agreement, nobody owes any company anything; they could decide to release the game on one system when having it on multiple systems would be just as easy.

If a third-party produces for Nintendo a sub-par game that could have been done better on the part of the third-party, then the third-party screwed up and Nintendo isn't at fault. However, the company still isn't obliged to work with a system that, under the impression they have gotten from their experience, does not work well with their game.

so you are saying EA was in the right to blame nintendo fans for ME3 failing on the wii u

when they sabotage its sales

you are saying its wii u owners fualt they did not buy AC3 when it was more expneisve then it was every where else

i could go on but i have proven my point

wii u owners have no reason to buy there product when they are getting shafted

*sigh* spreading more lies, and misinformation.

To a certain degree yes. though EA could have done better on price though.

No company would sabotage its own sales. ME1/2/3 were already out on 360 and PC, all they got was a re-release of games that were already out, little to no work was needed, except for new box art for the game. ME2 and 3 were already out on PS3, the only work done for the trilogy was a port of ME1 for PS3. When they announced the Wii U version Leviathan(1st DLC) was about to release, when Wii U version of ME3 released, Omega(2nd DLC) was about to release or about to release, considering the Wii U version sold about 32k copies (at the time). Porting DLC takes time and money, porting 3 games takes even more time and money. ME3 was released on the Wii U to gauge interest for that franchise, if the game had sold well, you think EA wouldn't have put out DLC for it or ported all 3 games.

PS3 ME2 released after the 360 and PC version, with no ME1 port, no confirmation on ME3 for PS3 (everyone just assumed it was coming), PS3 ME2 sales are at 1 mil. PS3 ME3 released same day as other version with same DLC, PS3 ME3 sales at 1 mil, Trilogy released, ME1 ported to PS3.

Don't know much about AC, but im sure you're misinformed.

proven that you're a fanboy, yes.

PC/ PS4/ XB1 are more powerful than a Wii U, so games are going to look better and run better, because of hardware, 3rd parties did not build the Wii U console, nintendo did. Sony and MS pay for timed/exclusive DLC so you buy their version of their game, nintendo doesn't. Both Sony and MS talked to 3rd parties during development of the PS4 / XB1, 3rd parties said they wanted it to be easier to make and port games to their consoles and both went with the same architecture (X86), nintendo didn't, During E3 Sony and MS showed 1st parties and 3rd parties equally, nintendo mainly showed 1st parties and 3rd parties were shown later on/ after their ND.
#175AceMosPosted 7/12/2014 4:38:03 AM
^ so you are making excuse for teh 3rd parties good to know

do you realy think they would have supported nintendo if they made the wii u more powerfull?

3rd parties muck up ports from the 360 when puting it on the wii u and the wii u is more powerfull than the ps360

fact is EA released ME trilliogy in the same tiem frame as teh wii u got ME3 insuring that the wii u version of ME3 failed

ubisoft delayed rayman legends on the wii u just to meet MS's draconian demands

many 3rd party games come to the wii u months after there release on other consoles and are now bargien bin price while the wii u version is full price
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#176KAMMYqueenPosted 7/12/2014 5:15:39 AM
Can you really Blame Namco? You all should be happy there still making it at all
---
It's times for a Revolution, my kids KAMMY KOOPA should be in Super Smash Bros 4.
#177AceMosPosted 7/12/2014 5:17:18 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
Can you really Blame Namco? You all should be happy there still making it at all

this game was crowd funded the pole on the makers webside showed more ppl wanted the wii u version than the ps4 or xbox one version

the wii u version has been in devlope ment longer than the PS4 or xbox one versions
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#178Master AlienPosted 7/12/2014 5:52:10 AM
AceMos posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...

this game was crowd funded the pole on the makers webside showed more ppl wanted the wii u version than the ps4 or xbox one version

the wii u version has been in devlope ment longer than the PS4 or xbox one versions

which means absolutely nothing. the ps4 and xb1 is easily optimized from the pc version while the wii u is not. not really going to bother arguing with you though because every time you post, you make it more and more evident you dont know what you are talking about and just are another typical irrational console defender. still not 100% sold on the idea you aren't some kind of parody account

the amount of people who actually believe there is some kind of anti-Nintendo agenda going on in the gaming industry is a perfect example of why nintendo consoles will always be seen as kiddy. there is no way a functioning adult actually believes such nonsense. its like the vast majority of people here have never taken a business class (which was a graduation requirement for me) and some even show clear signs of under-developed critical thinking skills
#179AceMosPosted 7/12/2014 5:52:50 AM
Master Alien posted...
AceMos posted...
KAMMYqueen posted...

which means absolutely nothing. the ps4 and xb1 is easily optimized from the pc version while the wii u is not. not really going to bother arguing with you though because every time you post, you make it more and more evident you dont know what you are talking about and just are another typical irrational console defender. still not 100% sold on the idea you aren't some kind of parody account

the amount of people who actually believe there is some kind of anti-Nintendo agenda going on in the gaming industry is a perfect example of why nintendo consoles will always be seen as kiddy. there is no way a functioning adult actually believes such nonsense. its like the vast majority of people here have never taken a business class (which was a graduation requirement for me) and some even show clear signs of under-developed critical thinking skills

the wii u version is also the most wanted version

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/category/poll
---
#180LinetrixPosted 7/12/2014 5:54:02 AM
Baha05 posted...
The problem is that developers ARE making titles yet they are doing so much that seems to be screwing the Wii U versions into selling poorly.

Good lord you are a failure at economics 101. They are a business, what would they gain by "screwing a game into selling poorly"? Stop thinking with your anus for once.

Need for Speed's definitive version was Wii U's. Still, it sold horribly. Just admit it: Nintendo fanboys don't care about third party titles.
---
It's off-topic to talk about the online portion of TLoU. Only the single player campaign is allowed in TLoU's board. - GameFAQs mod