Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#21rockyminPosted 7/11/2014 8:05:37 AM
Artillatron7 posted...
rockymin posted...
Obvious Nintendo-fanboy is even more obvious.

Why should we listen to a dumb ass troll who doesn't even like nintendo in the first place?

I like Nintendo just fine. With the exception of Virtual Boy I've owned every console and handheld they've ever made. I enjoy their games very much but not as much as I used to.

I just recognize they are not perfect and have faults and not this godlike company that can do no wrong. And at least in my opinion, their games aren't the "best there is", since there's a ton of other games I've played in recent gens that I have enjoyed way more than recent entries of the Mario, Zelda and other Nintendo series.
---
"It's funny how dumb you are" -Bill Cipher
FCs, PSN and Gamertag in profile
#22X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/11/2014 8:05:55 AM
Artillatron7 posted...
rockymin posted...
Obvious Nintendo-fanboy is even more obvious.

Why should we listen to a dumb ass troll who doesn't even like nintendo in the first place?

I'm a troll? Really? For not agreeing with your preconception of what I should think for my opinion to be accepted on this board I'm a troll?

I think you might be biased.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#23vashtrichamPosted 7/11/2014 8:09:48 AM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
iKhanic posted...

3. It is expected for Wii U sales to rise dramatically this Winter due to Smash Bros. Coming out around the same time would see fierce competition, and for a smaller install base than in early 2015. The games coming out this year will also likely increase the base of people on the Wii U who would be interested in Project Cars.

But the problem with that train of thought is most people who project cars will appeal to have one of the other systems, or a PC that can play it months prior, and have no incentive to wait to buy it on the Wii U.

IMO if the Wii U is going to get a late port there is no reason to even bother(unless its heavily discounted which they never are) as its already on clearance sale on one other platforms which 95% of Wii U owners own which cut into sales

This is a nintendo problem not a dev problem. Nintnedo could have made their system more dev friendly by making porting easier.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#24Murderstorm117Posted 7/11/2014 8:10:05 AM
Yeah third parties should flock to the weakest and lowest selling console that has made no effort to entice their support.
---
NNID Mstorm
Proud owner of PS4 since Day 1 Proud owner of Xbox One since 3/11/14
#25Genericgamer667Posted 7/11/2014 8:10:58 AM
Murderstorm117 posted...
Yeah third parties should flock to the weakest and lowest selling console that has made no effort to entice their support.

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/category/poll

clearly there was support, more than the ps4 and xbone versions
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#26vashtrichamPosted 7/11/2014 8:12:39 AM
Genericgamer667 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/category/poll

clearly there was support, more than the ps4 and xbone versions

Internet polls mean very very little
---
#27terranigma73Posted 7/11/2014 8:13:13 AM
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Sorry, but that's no enough proof for me. There are way too many games that have been delayed on Wii U when they didn't have to be.

It's obvious third parties don't want Nintendo to succeed...

That is a ridiculous notion. Nintendo put out a bad console, it's selling like ass and they aren't prioritising it, end of.

Wii sold liek hotcakes and they did diddly squat in support, end of.
#28vashtrichamPosted 7/11/2014 8:16:07 AM
terranigma73 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Sorry, but that's no enough proof for me. There are way too many games that have been delayed on Wii U when they didn't have to be.

That is a ridiculous notion. Nintendo put out a bad console, it's selling like ass and they aren't prioritising it, end of.

And the hardware differences between the ps 3/360 and wii was alot a big problem. As was the controllers, again nintendo hardware and design choices hamper 3rd party support
---
#29arvilinoPosted 7/11/2014 8:16:25 AM
terranigma73 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...

Plus the fact it shared the GC architecture, it would have been easier for most developers to support the Wii than the PS3 or 360.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#30cmincPosted 7/11/2014 8:16:28 AM
Its ideas like this that go a long way toward contributing to the dismal third party performance, though, tc. There may not be a blatant 'we really hate nintendo' bias, but it makes no sense to delay a wiiu release until months after the game's been out for other systems--and been discounted--and realistically expect the wiiu version, released at full price, to perform well.

Two years in, we STILL havent seen a multiplat game that was released across all systems simultaneously with the exact same features, dlc, price and mulitplayer components. The closest we ever came was rayman legends, which sold best on wiiu and likely would have sold more had it not waited 6 months for nintendo's larger, more beloved games to come out.

Cave story 3d did the same thing with a delay on 3ds, and also underperformed against 3d land, where, if they had released in the middle of a drought like they were supposed to they would have seen much better sales from 3ds owners that just wanted ANYTHING decent to play at that point.

Beyond that, i have a hard time believing that people really excited for a particular game are going to wait for a wiiu release that may not even come and this is made worse by the fact that there cant be THAT many people that only have a wiiu.

So, yeah.

Delaying a release on only one platform dooms that release to failure. Look no further than watchdogs. There are people on this board that wouldve bought that wiiu game on day one 'just cuz.' Now theyre going to skip it due to a handful of bad reviews (which are mostly unwarranted) and the upcoming releases of better exclusive stuff.

And then ubisofts going to be all 'see? Sales just arent ever there on nintendo consoles.'
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD | Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1 | WII U | 3DS