Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#31Ambassador_KongPosted 7/11/2014 9:18:59 AM
plasmawisp1713 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Sorry, but that's no enough proof for me. There are way too many games that have been delayed on Wii U when they didn't have to be.

It's obvious third parties don't want Nintendo to succeed...

That is a ridiculous notion. Nintendo put out a bad console, it's selling like ass and they aren't prioritising it, end of.

Obvious Nintendo-hater is obvious.

Obviously X_Ste_90_X is a troll too scared to use his real account. If you want to be a troll, at least be brave enough to not hide behind an alt.
---
Internet Trolls Really Are Horrible People
Narcissistic, Machiavellian, psychopathic, and sadistic.
#32terranigma73Posted 7/11/2014 9:21:07 AM
vashtricham posted...
terranigma73 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Sorry, but that's no enough proof for me. There are way too many games that have been delayed on Wii U when they didn't have to be.

That is a ridiculous notion. Nintendo put out a bad console, it's selling like ass and they aren't prioritising it, end of.

Wii sold liek hotcakes and they did diddly squat in support, end of.

And the hardware differences between the ps 3/360 and wii was alot a big problem. As was the controllers, again nintendo hardware and design choices hamper 3rd party support

Such bs, PS3/360 were costing devs billions and dozens of closed studios for several years before they started to profit from it, and Wii was selling like hotcakes all that time, and they still ignored it.
#33retrogoodsPosted 7/11/2014 9:23:14 AM
terranigma73 posted...
vashtricham posted...
terranigma73 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...

Wii sold liek hotcakes and they did diddly squat in support, end of.

And the hardware differences between the ps 3/360 and wii was alot a big problem. As was the controllers, again nintendo hardware and design choices hamper 3rd party support

Such bs, PS3/360 were costing devs billions and dozens of closed studios for several years before they started to profit from it, and Wii was selling like hotcakes all that time, and they still ignored it.

Would you actually buy 3rd party on Wii or just buy the yearly Mario installment?
---
How to ignore people: 1. Click on user's message detail. 2 Scroll to Ignore. 3. Click on Ignore. Boom. You ignore the person's topics and posts.
#34arvilinoPosted 7/11/2014 9:24:10 AM(edited)
cminc posted...
Its ideas like this that go a long way toward contributing to the dismal third party performance, though, tc. There may not be a blatant 'we really hate nintendo' bias, but it makes no sense to delay a wiiu release until months after the game's been out for other systems--and been discounted--and realistically expect the wiiu version, released at full price, to perform well.

Two years in, we STILL havent seen a multiplat game that was released across all systems simultaneously with the exact same features, dlc, price and mulitplayer components. The closest we ever came was rayman legends, which sold best on wiiu and likely would have sold more had it not waited 6 months for nintendo's larger, more beloved games to come out.

Cave story 3d did the same thing with a delay on 3ds, and also underperformed against 3d land, where, if they had released in the middle of a drought like they were supposed to they would have seen much better sales from 3ds owners that just wanted ANYTHING decent to play at that point.

Beyond that, i have a hard time believing that people really excited for a particular game are going to wait for a wiiu release that may not even come and this is made worse by the fact that there cant be THAT many people that only have a wiiu.

So, yeah.

Delaying a release on only one platform dooms that release to failure. Look no further than watchdogs. There are people on this board that wouldve bought that wiiu game on day one 'just cuz.' Now theyre going to skip it due to a handful of bad reviews (which are mostly unwarranted) and the upcoming releases of better exclusive stuff.

And then ubisofts going to be all 'see? Sales just arent ever there on nintendo consoles.'

Another case is the marketing campaigns, I mean Ubisoft marketed Watch Dogs massively and built hype up to its release for the platforms its launching simultaneously on.

I wouldn't hold my breath to see any advertising for the WiIU version other than a youtube video. They did something similar with Splintercell-Blacklist where they created a special edition for every system except WiiU and only advertised that special edition, which meant the WiIU version and WiiU logo was not even present in any adverts.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#35Granadico_Posted 7/11/2014 9:24:21 AM
That's super disappointing :\ i was gonna buy it on Wii U, and maybe later on PC (since by then i'd have a decent one and it'd be on sale most likely), but now idk.
Not that this is some "i hate this game now cuz they hate Nintendo" but i'm 90% certain i could get it on Steam for far cheaperthan Wii U, and by then why would i pay full price for a game that i already have
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#36bigjclassicPosted 7/11/2014 9:25:24 AM
8th gen million sellers goes PS4 (8 games), Wii U (7 games), Xbone (5 games).

Funny thing is that the common games between the PS4/Xbone are BF4, CoD, AC4 and FIFA. CoD and AC4 were intentionally butchered on Wii U, and the EA games weren't even on the platform.

*from lol vgchartz*

However, i now believe that there is some kind on contract clause in play regarding 3rd party games on Wii U. Based on the evidence, if an attempt for console parity between the 3 consoles feature wise can happen a thrid party boom can happen on Wii U.

But we all know it will never happen, and just turns me off from gaming at times. Gaming should never be political, and most pubs/devs seem to like a 2 way race like the Dems v GOP, Ravens v Steelers and Hogan v Warrior.
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
CP: MK8, FF8, USF4, KZ:SF, Pushmo World, Shovel Knight
#37arvilinoPosted 7/11/2014 9:28:34 AM
bigjclassic posted...

But we all know it will never happen, and just turns me off from gaming at times. Gaming should never be political, and most pubs/devs seem to like a 2 way race like the Dems v GOP, Ravens v Steelers and Hogan v Warrior.

Or like at the start of 6th gen when EA purposely ditched the Dreamcast to make it PS2 v GC until the Xbox came out.
---
'The fact of the matter is that we've been here constantly. We've been betraying peoples expectations, in a good way, for a long time.'
3DS: 2449-4649-4995
#38iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 9:32:53 AM
cminc posted...
Its ideas like this that go a long way toward contributing to the dismal third party performance, though, tc. There may not be a blatant 'we really hate nintendo' bias, but it makes no sense to delay a wiiu release until months after the game's been out for other systems--and been discounted--and realistically expect the wiiu version, released at full price, to perform well.

Two years in, we STILL havent seen a multiplat game that was released across all systems simultaneously with the exact same features, dlc, price and mulitplayer components. The closest we ever came was rayman legends, which sold best on wiiu and likely would have sold more had it not waited 6 months for nintendo's larger, more beloved games to come out.

Cave story 3d did the same thing with a delay on 3ds, and also underperformed against 3d land, where, if they had released in the middle of a drought like they were supposed to they would have seen much better sales from 3ds owners that just wanted ANYTHING decent to play at that point.

Beyond that, i have a hard time believing that people really excited for a particular game are going to wait for a wiiu release that may not even come and this is made worse by the fact that there cant be THAT many people that only have a wiiu.

So, yeah.

Delaying a release on only one platform dooms that release to failure. Look no further than watchdogs. There are people on this board that wouldve bought that wiiu game on day one 'just cuz.' Now theyre going to skip it due to a handful of bad reviews (which are mostly unwarranted) and the upcoming releases of better exclusive stuff.

And then ubisofts going to be all 'see? Sales just arent ever there on nintendo consoles.'

I don't think they are looking as much for success on the Wii U as much as they are looking to appease Wii U owners while improving sales on PS4 and XB1.

But even so, the key about Project Cars is that it's 8th gen exclusive. If people have a Wii U and an XB1, they are going to buy it on XB1 whether the Wii U version launches the same day or months later, because it's objectively more powerful. With Watch Dogs, by not releasing the Wii U version concurrently with the other versions, you end up losing sales from the people who owned both a PS3/360 and a Wii U, but no other 8th gen platform.

The people buying Project Cars on Wii U are going to be people who don't have a PS4/XB1, and those people will be around whether they launch the Wii U version now or later.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#39bigjclassicPosted 7/11/2014 9:33:34 AM
arvilino posted...
bigjclassic posted...

Or like at the start of 6th gen when EA purposely ditched the Dreamcast to make it PS2 v GC until the Xbox came out.

Winner
---
NNID(WiiU): Ryusaki_J PSN: classicviolence
CP: MK8, FF8, USF4, KZ:SF, Pushmo World, Shovel Knight
#40TerotrousPosted 7/11/2014 9:34:48 AM
iKhanic posted...
The people buying Project Cars on Wii U are going to be people who don't have a PS4/XB1, and those people will be around whether they launch the Wii U version now or later.

Unless they're mad that they got shafted and decide not to bother with the game anymore.

They might also have a PC that can run the game at good but not great settings and decide to go that route instead because it will be cheaper.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly