Now do you believe there is no "Anti-Nintendo" bias/conspiracy in the industry?

#41PannerPosted 7/11/2014 9:35:38 AM
iKhanic posted...
cminc posted...
Its ideas like this that go a long way toward contributing to the dismal third party performance, though, tc. There may not be a blatant 'we really hate nintendo' bias, but it makes no sense to delay a wiiu release until months after the game's been out for other systems--and been discounted--and realistically expect the wiiu version, released at full price, to perform well.

Two years in, we STILL havent seen a multiplat game that was released across all systems simultaneously with the exact same features, dlc, price and mulitplayer components. The closest we ever came was rayman legends, which sold best on wiiu and likely would have sold more had it not waited 6 months for nintendo's larger, more beloved games to come out.

Cave story 3d did the same thing with a delay on 3ds, and also underperformed against 3d land, where, if they had released in the middle of a drought like they were supposed to they would have seen much better sales from 3ds owners that just wanted ANYTHING decent to play at that point.

Beyond that, i have a hard time believing that people really excited for a particular game are going to wait for a wiiu release that may not even come and this is made worse by the fact that there cant be THAT many people that only have a wiiu.

So, yeah.

Delaying a release on only one platform dooms that release to failure. Look no further than watchdogs. There are people on this board that wouldve bought that wiiu game on day one 'just cuz.' Now theyre going to skip it due to a handful of bad reviews (which are mostly unwarranted) and the upcoming releases of better exclusive stuff.

And then ubisofts going to be all 'see? Sales just arent ever there on nintendo consoles.'

I don't think they are looking as much for success on the Wii U as much as they are looking to appease Wii U owners while improving sales on PS4 and XB1.

But even so, the key about Project Cars is that it's 8th gen exclusive. If people have a Wii U and an XB1, they are going to buy it on XB1 whether the Wii U version launches the same day or months later, because it's objectively more powerful. With Watch Dogs, by not releasing the Wii U version concurrently with the other versions, you end up losing sales from the people who owned both a PS3/360 and a Wii U, but no other 8th gen platform.

The people buying Project Cars on Wii U are going to be people who don't have a PS4/XB1, and those people will be around whether they launch the Wii U version now or later.

I dont have an Xbox one or a PS4 but i do have a pretty decent PC, but i'm still waiting for the WiiU version.
---
My Youtube vids
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5BZ91u4U3n8m9L_wykcsw/feed?activity_view=3
#42iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 9:36:55 AM
Terotrous posted...
iKhanic posted...
The people buying Project Cars on Wii U are going to be people who don't have a PS4/XB1, and those people will be around whether they launch the Wii U version now or later.

Unless they're mad that they got shafted and decide not to bother with the game anymore.

They might also have a PC that can run the game at good but not great settings and decide to go that route instead because it will be cheaper.

Those are pretty small groups. You are looking at the most dedicated of fanboys who get butthurt by financial realities, and the handful of people who PC game on weaker hardware than Wii U.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#43ShibutoPosted 7/11/2014 9:40:25 AM
iKhanic posted...
2. Realistic racing sims have sold horribly on Wii U in the past.

Which realistic racing sims are you talking about exactly?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#44TerotrousPosted 7/11/2014 9:40:36 AM
iKhanic posted...
Those are pretty small groups. You are looking at the most dedicated of fanboys who get butthurt by financial realities, and the handful of people who PC game on weaker hardware than Wii U.

And yet Wii U was leading the poll on the Project Cars website, even over PC, so the audience they're screwing over is apparently the biggest one.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#45ND3sPosted 7/11/2014 9:42:07 AM
More evidence than ever. Project Cars has been in development for years on Wii U.They delay it now? Ea plays a big part in the conspiracy because they were abandoning the Wii U even before it was launched.Remember this was before they saw the sales and the Wii U had a half decent sales at launch and it only tanked in January of 2013.The rumors say that Ea wanted Nintendo to use their Origin store and Nintendo refused. Ea doesn't even put out games for the number one selling console of 2013 the 3DS.That smacks of bias and failure. Almost 50 million sold and no games , that is stupid!
---
Next generation started November 18th,2012
Former NeoGaf user Name and current NNID:NandN3DS
#46X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/11/2014 9:43:24 AM
Ambassador_Kong posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
X_Ste_90_X posted...
plasmawisp1713 posted...
Sorry, but that's no enough proof for me. There are way too many games that have been delayed on Wii U when they didn't have to be.

It's obvious third parties don't want Nintendo to succeed...

That is a ridiculous notion. Nintendo put out a bad console, it's selling like ass and they aren't prioritising it, end of.

Obvious Nintendo-hater is obvious.

Obviously X_Ste_90_X is a troll too scared to use his real account. If you want to be a troll, at least be brave enough to not hide behind an alt.

This is my only account, my user name is my PSN, my NNID, my Gamertag and my steam ID. Check if you want.

Never thought so many people would take offence to the notion that I don't flat out love the console. Bottom line, it has sold like ass and that is the reason it isn't getting supported. The 3DS proves that.
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4
#47Granadico_Posted 7/11/2014 9:47:00 AM
Wait what? The 3DS is selling more than every console, shouldn't that be the most supported then?
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#48TomoEK9Posted 7/11/2014 9:47:33 AM(edited)
Terotrous posted...
iKhanic posted...

And yet Wii U was leading the poll on the Project Cars website, even over PC, so the audience they're screwing over is apparently the biggest one.

Well on PC you have a slew of racing sims, on PS4 you have Driveclub and eventually Gran Turismo, and on Xbone you have Forza.

Nintendo is the only company without a racing sim series. I can imagine the reason Wii U pushed ahead in the polls was because Wii U owners are starved for this kind of game while other consoles have other options.

In the end, I still see the Wii U version selling the least, even before the delay.
#49iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 9:49:50 AM
Terotrous posted...
iKhanic posted...

They aren't getting screwed over. It's a game delay. They'll still be able to buy it later. Only the most butthurt and dedicated fanboys will forsake the game because it got delayed.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#50SlimeSwayzePosted 7/11/2014 9:55:05 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Terotrous posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...
You're confusing indifference with an actual desire for the console to fail.

People who are indifferent don't spend all their time on a product-specific board talking about how something is going to fail.

You're confusing members of those board with the companies who make the decisions.

Yeah, that was definitely not the response I was expecting. Hopefully it was just an honest misunderstanding, because that was a pretty bizarre non sequitur.
---
Currently Playing: LoZ: Minish Cap, Torchlight 2, and Ys: Memories of Celceta.