I believe in the Wii U

#1circa1981Posted 7/11/2014 3:43:23 PM
The last gaming console I used was the PS2, and have never been a nintendo fanboy, or even an owner since the original NES. I decided to return the the world of video games 8 months ago, and I had a choice between, PS3, PS4, and the Xbox 1. PC gaming wouldn't work on my very underpowered computer, and the Xbox 1 was too expensive and the whole idea of the system didn't sit right with me. I had also found out the the support for the PS3 was coming to an end, so it was between the PS4 and the Wii U. I was sceptical about the Wii U; heard about it's lack of games, it's graphical inferiority, and the constant rumors of cancellation. I was all set to get the PS4 when I found out there was no backwards compatibility, and almost no games that I was interested would be coming out any time soon. I went back and forth between the 2, and eventually you might say I took a leap of faith, and got the Wii U. And I love it.
The gamepad alone is worth it. I never want to play games without one. As for game selection; There are 22 games I either want or have, so much for limited selection. I never buy full price, and I have had no problems finding discounts. FIrst party games like Sonic, Pushmo world, Cloudberry Kingdom, and Zelda keep me plenty engaged, and there's enough third party support to keep me happy. I also found out that it's the most energy efficient of home consoles out of the big 3, which helps. And it's lifecycle is young, with a long future guaranteed by it's many upcoming games which have been invested in. I love off TV play; and I just keep the chargery near me at all times, so that's not an issue for me either. I love my Wii U, and hope to get more games soon. Thanks for listening.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 7/11/2014 3:47:50 PM
Poor "enter" key sitting there, totally ignored...
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3PeePe_YellowRMXPosted 7/11/2014 3:48:43 PM
u wrote a novel just now bruh but i kno the wii u will make u feel that way
---
just got a wii u... took ur girl from u
these girls aint loyal! they all want peepe yellow!
#4Wii_TruthPosted 7/11/2014 3:50:56 PM
Nice choice on getting Wii U for backwards compatibility and Virtual Console. You missed so many damn classics. Welcome to the way, truth and the light.
---
Fatty made a funny!
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/11/2014 3:51:10 PM
Kinda sad that you guys disregarded everything TC said, but its even more sad that that's considered a "novel" to you guys. -__-
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
#6desert_santaPosted 7/11/2014 3:53:10 PM
Love my Wii u and don't regret buying it. Backwards compatibility a big plus. A bit disappointed that a lot of future mulitplats will most likely skip a . Nintendo console again. Not a deal breaker for a multi console owner like me though.

I do feel I have to inform you that the ps4 will be getting ps now eventually. It is a streaming service that will allow you to play ps3 games I think. No idea how much the subscription fee is though(I think there is one).
#7circa1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 4:30:59 PM
I didn't know that back then, and even now, I still would have chose the Wii U.
#8DiscostewSMPosted 7/11/2014 4:35:39 PM
You are the Pan!
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9SpookyryuPosted 7/11/2014 4:41:22 PM
desert_santa posted...
Love my Wii u and don't regret buying it. Backwards compatibility a big plus. A bit disappointed that a lot of future mulitplats will most likely skip a . Nintendo console again. Not a deal breaker for a multi console owner like me though.

I do feel I have to inform you that the ps4 will be getting ps now eventually. It is a streaming service that will allow you to play ps3 games I think. No idea how much the subscription fee is though(I think there is one).

in the beta is very expensive, and I prefer to own my games instead of renting it
#10circa1981(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 4:42:22 PM
Knew there had to be a catch :)