Project CARS Screws Wii U Owners

#1MGSDizzlePosted 7/11/2014 9:39:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6YbDxRudfg

Damn. Didn't even know the backstory behind the game.
#2CubeTVPosted 7/11/2014 9:54:05 PM
As long as the game is coming out and not gimped (like Spinner Cell was), then what's wrong besides it still being $60 while the others being like $20 or so?
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#3_Fluffy_Q-Tip_Posted 7/11/2014 9:55:16 PM
the delay is step one in becoming vaporware
#4R_HunterPosted 7/11/2014 9:57:51 PM
CubeTV posted...
As long as the game is coming out and not gimped (like Spinner Cell was), then what's wrong besides it still being $60 while the others being like $20 or so?

Assume for a moment that at least 50% of U owners possess another device that can run it.

Would you wait for one version over another?
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#5DrRMPosted 7/11/2014 9:57:51 PM
oh look another wii u version delayed what a surprise...

what will be the newest excuse from devs ?_?
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#6NovaLevossidaPosted 7/11/2014 9:59:43 PM
Can't say I'm surprised. The lack of footage / screenshots for the version was suspicious to begin with.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#7CubeTVPosted 7/11/2014 10:00:29 PM
R_Hunter posted...

Assume for a moment that at least 50% of U owners possess another device that can run it.

Most likely not. But I almost never buy my games brand new-day one. So I wouldn't know...
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#8king_maddenPosted 7/11/2014 10:12:43 PM
lol terrible video.

his main rant #1: he talks about how the game was in development longest for wiiu. but he doesnt take into consideration, since the game went from last gen to this gen, more than likely it went through a rebuilding process, that means they started over with it, which means it still started from pc and ported its way over more than likely.

rant #2: he talks about consumer demand, and then sites a poll that has a couple hundred votes, then screams how theres no demand for the xbox1 version based on that tiny poll. have the devs even said it was based on consumer demand?

wiiu games have taken longer for just about every dev, even some nintendo games are coming out later or being delayed. the ones that come out on time are called rushed and poor ports, and they struggle, but when a dev takes the extra time to tweak the game so it runs correctly the fans complain that they dont care about wiiu.

just never happy.
#9king_maddenPosted 7/11/2014 10:14:07 PM
R_Hunter posted...
CubeTV posted...

the way people here talk about better versions of games assume 50% of wiiu owners dont care for the gamepad and own another device.

why would they buy the wiiu version even if it came out with the others?
#10R_HunterPosted 7/11/2014 10:30:35 PM
CubeTV posted...
R_Hunter posted...

Most likely not. But I almost never buy my games brand new-day one. So I wouldn't know...

Some do. And if half, or a good share of it buy the game on another platform, they're logically not going to purchase it again. So that results in lower sales, the same thing 3rd parties cite as why they don't port more.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board