Does Nintendo have any cool eShop sales like Sony?

#1Beatperson14Posted 7/12/2014 3:03:00 PM
Where they take a bunch of random games and drop em to like a dollar for a day? I just picked up like ten games, including Legend of Dragoon, a classic I haven't played in years, for a buck a piece.

I was thinking, I don't remember Nintendo having any deals like this even on 3DS. They set the price and that's that. The only thing that even got close was the Ambassador stuff
---
THY, DAMNATION, SLUMBERETH, NOT.
#2LostsecretPosted 7/12/2014 3:09:07 PM
No. I don't think they do. You might have better luck with cell phone apps.

I don't see Nintendo making much money by doing dollar sales.
---
It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.
#3squatch22Posted 7/12/2014 3:09:37 PM
I was thinking... Sony don't do sales like that in Europe
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM http://i.imgur.com/IHonJ8U.jpg
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic http://goo.gl/csNghm
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 7/12/2014 3:13:15 PM
It would be nice. I can generally find something on the PSN sales that I wouldn't have bought otherwise (Harvest Moon and Oddworld so far with this sale, may pick up some others before it's over too), so they're basically getting money from me that they wouldn't have gotten in the first place.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/12/2014 3:19:07 PM
They dropped a lot of games down to 30 cents for a week apiece, dropped permanently the price of multiple games by $10 a piece as well. I think another company recently had a sale on their games as well...Namco?

Would be nice if the other guys took note and did something like that.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6The_Shadow_LinkPosted 7/12/2014 3:20:15 PM
squatch22 posted...
I was thinking... Sony don't do sales like that in Europe

Probably because we don't use dollars.

Jokes aside, they have the Big in Japan sale now, which has 80% off stuff like Child of Eden, Mega Man 9 and 10 and some classics like Golden Axe and Fatal Fury, those are some pretty nice deals.
---
Wanting to become a wolf to end all of my life's problems.
People who agree with me: 37, Comment about it if you agree. ~*Ancient Status*~
#7Sume_GaiPosted 7/12/2014 3:21:13 PM
There's usually a few things on Sale in the eShop, under Price Drops. But it's pretty sparce and Even the best deals never get quite that low. Though I did get MMX for $2 a while back...
#8albertojz356Posted 7/12/2014 4:12:42 PM
I've never seen any good game or a game that catches my interest on Nintendo's Eshop other than Mighty Switch force.
---
I support my favorite Nintendo Starlets: Pauline, Palutena, Anna, Captain Syrup, and also Shantae, and Bayonetta for Smash Bros Wii U/3ds.
#9MyDogSkipPosted 7/12/2014 4:17:03 PM(edited)
Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong, and Punch Out were $0.30 and Super Metroid was $0.99, I believe. But they really should do things like this more often. I'd spend a lot more money on VC titles if they were cheaper.
---
Don't trust the smiling penguin!
http://backloggery.com/mydogskip93
#10Thunderbird8Posted 7/12/2014 4:54:17 PM
MyDogSkip posted...
Kirby's Adventure, Donkey Kong, and Punch Out were $0.30 and Super Metroid was $0.99, I believe. But they really should do things like this more often. I'd spend a lot more money on VC titles if they were cheaper.

Super Metroid was 30 cents like the others during it's period on the 30 cent sales.

There's a handful of sales running on the eShop right now, though I forget what they are.