Does Nintendo have any cool eShop sales like Sony?

#11Beatperson14(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2014 8:15:30 PM
NovaLevossida posted...
It would be nice. I can generally find something on the PSN sales that I wouldn't have bought otherwise (Harvest Moon and Oddworld so far with this sale, may pick up some others before it's over too), so they're basically getting money from me that they wouldn't have gotten in the first place.

Same. Can't believe Nintendo is so opposed to making money
---
THY, DAMNATION, SLUMBERETH, NOT.
#12Pokerkid777Posted 7/12/2014 11:15:58 PM
Guys... Tc's username. wake up people.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#13Stubbs5000Posted 7/12/2014 11:46:29 PM
Pokerkid777 posted...

Why?

Because he said something bad about Nintendo?

Is that a crime?

Its too bad we can't have an honest discussion around here. Fanboys/girls of any system make me sick. Variety is the spice of life.

Tell Nintendo you can't pay the rent, and see if they care.

Competition is what keeps companies from charging an outrageous amount for their services.
Competition is a good thing.

Get back under your Nintendo-themed bridge.
---
~Nintendo could have done a lot better than Wii~
#14Hercik1Posted 7/12/2014 11:59:58 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
squatch22 posted...
I was thinking... Sony don't do sales like that in Europe

Probably because we don't use dollars.

Jokes aside, they have the Big in Japan sale now, which has 80% off stuff like Child of Eden, Mega Man 9 and 10 and some classics like Golden Axe and Fatal Fury, those are some pretty nice deals.

I heard there were problems with that. People were complaining a week into the sales some games still weren't discounted. Some people even said they bought the games thinking they were on sale and were charged full price and sony wasn't giving them their money back (I understand being excited to buy a game but come on is a glance at the screen to hard I mean it tells you the price like three times before it charges you).

On topic I believe ubisoft sale that just ended was a pretty good one. If you are talking about why doesn't Nintendo discount first party games it's because they sale regardless of price. They are the only games with such long legs. Most games sales dwindle after a week or two but Nintendo games can randomly show back up in the charts a year after release. In Japan animal crossing is still in the top 20 almost every week for almost two years. If they discounted that they would be losing money not gaining it.
#15Pokerkid777Posted 7/13/2014 12:20:25 AM
Stubbs5000 posted...
Pokerkid777 posted...

Why?

Because he said something bad about Nintendo?

Is that a crime?

Its too bad we can't have an honest discussion around here. Fanboys/girls of any system make me sick. Variety is the spice of life.

Tell Nintendo you can't pay the rent, and see if they care.

Competition is what keeps companies from charging an outrageous amount for their services.
Competition is a good thing.

Get back under your Nintendo-themed bridge.

Are you his alt or what?
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#16lambchipsPosted 7/13/2014 12:23:46 AM
No, Nintendo does free game promotions though (buy 2 title and get a code for another.. it happened once on 3ds and wiiu
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#17ElectricMolePosted 7/13/2014 12:42:13 AM
I got Dino Crisis and Dino Crisis 2 for $1.98 today. :)

It would be cool if nintendo did something similar to this with the VC games again like they did a year ago for the wii U early adopters.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen