Do you think Nintendo VC games should be free-50 cents?

#1coolguy_23Posted 7/12/2014 6:52:33 PM
This guy claims that buying VC games are stupid and a waste of money because you can just emulate them on a PC or Homebrew Wii , he is saying this for anything under 7 gen games. And says that If Gamecube games were on the Wii U VC they should only be 50 cents max because the developers already got paid for the game and digital copies are unlimited so aren't losing any money at all. What are your thoughts on this?
---
"Want Soul Calibur II HD for Wii U? Beg for it" -Namco.
#2Granadico_Posted 7/12/2014 6:54:14 PM
They are losing money on digital, considering they have to pay for the emulator and the servers to keep it up.
And by his logic all games should be free considering you could just shop lift if you really wanted to
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Darksiders II (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#3_Candice_Posted 7/12/2014 6:58:12 PM(edited)
Its not that so much as youre paying around 5 bucks for a 20 year old game that has the gameplay of time-wasting apps that are often free, or 99 cents at least.

EDIT: Also, VC is exempt from supply and demand as there will always be supply but there wont always be demand. Even more reason not to keep digital content artificially high.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#4AngeloDQ6Posted 7/12/2014 6:58:12 PM
Do I think they should be that cheap? No. I would like to see them a little lower though. Since they are the price they are, I just buy the very few old ones I still very much enjoy now as well.

Speaking of that... I would love to get Super Mario RPG on the Wii U.
---
No one ever won a war by dying for his country. They won it by making the other poor dumb ******* die for his country. -- General George S Patton; US Army
#5iphysPosted 7/12/2014 6:58:36 PM
If we just play the classics they lose the money they'd make selling us new games, so they have to charge us enough to keep us interested in still buying new games and not just playing the classics for dirt cheap.
#6Pyromaniac RoyPosted 7/12/2014 7:12:57 PM
Granadico_ posted...
They are losing money on digital, considering they have to pay for the emulator and the servers to keep it up.

It's really not that much, otherwise ROM and emulator download sites would, you know, charge money! If ad revenue's sufficient for those guys (which can't be too much, if you're a pirate you probably aren't without some kind of ad blocker to begin with), I doubt it's an issue for Nintendo.

I don't bother with VC on consoles. It's one thing on the 3DS (which is laughable with the lack of systems represented so far) since it's on the go, but spending $5-10 on games I already have is just ridiculous given that they're straight ports.

The 3D Classics are great, though. Kirby's Adventure is a notable example: on the VC version on the Wii, it suffers from the same slowdown issues from the original cartridge, but first using the Spark ability on the 3D Classic without ridiculous slowdown was practically a divine experience. If they put that much effort in the VC games, I'd be more open to buying them.
---
"I solemnly swear that I aim to misbehave."
I write things. http://lordpitaya.wordpress.com/
#7ruiza97Posted 7/13/2014 12:42:21 AM
Pyromaniac Roy posted...

I don't bother with VC on consoles. It's one thing on the 3DS (which is laughable with the lack of systems represented so far) since it's on the go, but spending $5-10 on games I already have is just ridiculous given that they're straight ports.

I never got a Gamecube, or a N64, or a Wii, so I don't mind paying $5-10 on games I don't have.
#8Baha05Posted 7/13/2014 12:43:57 AM
Nope, the prices set are fine though not without some faults
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS