Nintendo used the SNES design philosophy for the WiiU

#91chuchumyrocketPosted 7/13/2014 12:43:51 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
chuchumyrocket posted...

I see you posting here all the time like you know what you are talking about but you clearly don't. You are making yourself look silly on a daily basis and if I can notice with my very basic understanding of the innards of a game console than you can bet the tech junkies around here are rolling.

What don't I know what I'm talking about, exactly? Is it inaccurate that the Wii U has a much more powerful GPU than CPU? Would you really dispute that? Because nobody else is.

Nah just all the other stuff you said about AI and being able to easily scale down effects to make things work on the U. Also pretty much every other time you've ever posted about tech stuff. Saying something as general as "the gpu is stronger than the cpu!" when we have known that for ages is pretty pointless. Clearly you don't make video games and you have never bothered to even look up basic information on their creation so I don't understand why you talk about things that you know nothing about so much.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#92MetroidJunkiePosted 7/13/2014 12:46:56 PM(edited)
chuchumyrocket posted...

Nah just all the other stuff you said about AI and being able to easily scale down effects to make things work on the U. Also pretty much every other time you've ever posted about tech stuff. Saying something as general as "the gpu is stronger than the cpu!" when we have known that for ages is pretty pointless. Clearly you don't make video games and you have never bothered to even look up basic information on their creation so I don't understand why you talk about things that you know nothing about so much.

You're joking, right? I've dabbled with game modding for quite a while now, I know how it works. It's a lot trickier to tone down physics interactions, AI, and other things that affect the CPU than it is to tone down graphical effects because the former can actually affect the game-play, changing how the game actually plays. Making textures blurrier doesn't do that. Just look at Dead Rising on the Wii, zombies appear out of nowhere because the CPU can't handle that many on screen, that affects the play because you can't see all of what you're up against.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#93its_matt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 1:59:03 PM
Pyromaniac Roy posted...
its_matt posted...
Pyromaniac Roy posted...
godplaysSNES posted...
Except the GPU isn't good either.

It's fine for a console, if you ask me. If you want amazing graphics and you insist on playing nothing but consoles, you're not doing it right anyway.

Wii U games are very vibrant and rarely sacrifice noteworthy performance (seriously, you know you're doing pretty good when the only thing people can figure out to complain about is 59fps) for a unique visual style rarely found on other systems.

It isn't just about graphics though, the level of hardware in PS4/Xbox1 will make a standard in game world size and complexity that won't be possible on PS3/Xbox 360 and WiiU. We just need developers to up their game because they have been so used to limiting what they are doing by making sure it can be done on PS3 and Xbox360 that it is taking them a while to learn how much they can stretch their legs.
You could argue PC gaming needs PS4 and Xbox1 to encourage developers to up their game.

In-game world size means nothing if 80% of it is just empty space meant to prolong the time it takes to get from one place of interest to another...and that seems to be the case for most "open-world" games in my experience, new and old. If there's such a low density of things to do versus the overall world size, what's the point of a large world?

Well, like I said the developers are still working up to the level that PS4 and Xbox1 will allow.
#94Griff6260Posted 7/13/2014 2:42:05 PM
chuchumyrocket posted...
MetroidJunkie posted...
chuchumyrocket posted...

I see you posting here all the time like you know what you are talking about but you clearly don't. You are making yourself look silly on a daily basis and if I can notice with my very basic understanding of the innards of a game console than you can bet the tech junkies around here are rolling.

What don't I know what I'm talking about, exactly? Is it inaccurate that the Wii U has a much more powerful GPU than CPU? Would you really dispute that? Because nobody else is.

You could have just said "I am a huge douchenozzle." and saved time.
---
Microsoft, stop trying to make "Scroogled" happen. It's not going to happen.
#95Lefty128kPosted 7/13/2014 4:37:19 PM
squatch22 posted...
Whatever u say my little follower

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

"GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful."
#96squatch22Posted 7/13/2014 9:10:36 PM
Lefty128k posted...
squatch22 posted...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

"GDs are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, wealthy, or otherwise very powerful."

---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM http://i.imgur.com/IHonJ8U.jpg
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic http://goo.gl/csNghm
#97Bob the AlmightyPosted 7/13/2014 10:31:02 PM
Don't want to beat a dead horse but the fact that it's even debatable that a console in 2012 can produce better graphics than a console from 2005 or 2006 surely doesn't seem odd to anyone LOL?

Nintendo clearly tailored the Wii U to their strengths other what third-parties were targeting. I mean there's nothing wrong with that (it worked with the Wii after all) but when you cut third-parties out of the discussion/development/planning of new hardware you can't really complain when you get left behind in terms of developer support.

The Wii U is fine for what it is (a Nintendo first-party powerhouse) and I'm fine with that. Going forward a would like to see a less spec-restrained approach from them.
---
The villagers called him 'God's Savior' and his weapon they called 'Vampire Killer.'
Ah, Gandolfi, how that would make you smile.
#98snake_5036Posted 7/14/2014 1:34:20 AM
Granadico_ posted...
It seems like Nintendo always goes for efficiency rather than just brute power. Especially if you look at that chart that shows off how much power each console uses

What chart?
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.