Virtual Console Question (Wii Version to Wii-u)?

#1aphoniamutePosted 7/13/2014 8:06:47 AM
Has Nintendo ever said if they plan to convert the Wii only virtual console releases to the Wii-U version so that we can just play with the Wii-U controller (and not having to go into the Wii mode)?

I hate having to go into Wii Mode and then come back out of it when I want to switch to something else. I see some games have been converted, but I would like to see some of the other titles I've purchased upgraded to Wii-U.
#2DTY3Posted 7/13/2014 8:10:42 AM
They have been converting.

The problem is, they're doing it game by game. And extremely slowly. and only NES and SNES.
#3aphoniamute(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 8:11:36 AM
So if I wait it out, eventually they'll get to my games you think? Or you think non-top selling games may never get converted?
#4DTY3Posted 7/13/2014 8:19:24 AM
What games specifically are you waiting for? Because Nintendo is unpredictable with the VC.
#5aphoniamute(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 8:40:13 AM
Mainly RPG games I noticed are the ones that haven't been converted.

Secret of Mana
Shining in the Darkness
Phantasy Star II
Ogre Battle: The March of the Black Queen
Chrono Trigger
Paper Mario
Super Mario RPG - Legend of the Seven Stars
#6trenkenPosted 7/13/2014 9:00:08 AM
aphoniamute posted...

Secret of Mana
Shining in the Darkness
Phantasy Star II
Chrono Trigger
Paper Mario

You may never see some or most or any of them on the wii u vc. Nintendo is painfully slow with the vc and its very clearly not any sort of priority for them.

After 1.5 years it only has a small fraction of the wii vc games, which makes 0 sense to me.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7aphoniamute(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 9:55:55 AM
Well that's a real bummer to hear.

Thanks for the replies.
#8Tenchi UKPosted 7/13/2014 11:02:42 AM
i wouldn't really count on seeing the square games on virtual console.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#9aphoniamute(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2014 2:16:58 PM
@Tenchi UK: Those Square games are already on the virtual console for Wii. They just need to be converted to Wii-U.
#10Baha05Posted 7/13/2014 2:18:27 PM
trenken posted...
aphoniamute posted...

Secret of Mana
Shining in the Darkness
Phantasy Star II
Chrono Trigger
Paper Mario

You may never see some or most or any of them on the wii u vc. Nintendo is painfully slow with the vc and its very clearly not any sort of priority for them.

After 1.5 years it only has a small fraction of the wii vc games, which makes 0 sense to me.

Actually most of those listed titles wouln't be Nintendo's fault. That would be 3rd party issues.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS