Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga OR Earthbound?

#1DroneHunterPosted 7/13/2014 11:48:57 AM(edited)
Which game should i buy? - Results (82 votes)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
53.66% (44 votes)
Earthbound
46.34% (38 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I can only buy one.

EDIT: For those asking, i like both genres. Also, at the end of the day whichever game has the most votes will be the one i buy.
---
About TrueBlue: "Vegeta, what's his sodium level?"
"It's- over NINE THOUSAND!!!!"
#2XImperialDragonPosted 7/13/2014 11:32:16 AM
Well, do you like action RPGs or traditional, turn based ones more?

Mario and Luigi, what with its dodging and timed hits, probably fits the bill of an action RPG more than a traditional turn based game. Look into your heart.
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#3dascylusPosted 7/13/2014 11:35:59 AM(edited)
I got both... though if I had to choose, I'd go with Earthbound.
#4StephenYap3Posted 7/13/2014 2:51:49 PM(edited)
I'd say Superstar Saga. It's a fun and unique RPG that is always fresh in every battle and is the best Mario & Luigi game in my book, even today.

Earthbound is great too, but the only things it has over Superstar Saga in my opinion is the longer length (though it kind of drags at times), a longer list of abilities, and plenty more little RPG elements. Overall, while I would say it is also a unique RPG, it is lesser so than Superstar Saga due to its battles being the usual same ol' like most ordinary RPGs (though I don't really have a problem with it).
---
Yes, this is real music!
#5Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/13/2014 2:55:35 PM
Definitely Superstar Saga.

IMHO, Earthbound is overrated.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
#6Luigi4PresidentPosted 7/13/2014 2:58:23 PM
Definitely EarthBound. It'll last you a lot longer, and if you've played the other M&L games I feel SSS doesn't stand up to them as much.
---
If stupidity was music, you'd be an orchestra.
#7manmousePosted 7/13/2014 3:05:17 PM
EarthBound for more surreal, subtle, kinda emotional and eventually very dark style with a stripped down gameplay design.

M&L:SSS for a more upbeat, fun, lively, and more involved style with more unique gameplay.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#8dascylusPosted 7/13/2014 3:16:03 PM
manmouse posted...
EarthBound for more surreal, subtle, kinda emotional and eventually very dark style with a stripped down gameplay design.

M&L:SSS for a more upbeat, fun, lively, and more involved style with more unique gameplay.

The gameplay is no more stripped down than say Dragon Quest was back then.
#9Megamushroom666Posted 7/13/2014 3:19:33 PM
EarthBound is way better. If you've never played it, get it now. There are so many M&L games you can play later, but only 1 EarthBound.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#10KaosAssassinPosted 7/13/2014 3:40:07 PM
Have you played either of them before? If so get the one you haven't played. Otherwise they are both great games and you can't go wrong either way. I put my vote towards Mario and luigi though.
---
Pokemon Y Friend Code: 2234-7151-4103 Electric Safari Pikachu Pachirsu and Galvantula PM me if you add me