WiiU Board Games

#1CranberryPSOPosted 7/15/2014 8:17:51 AM
Hey all,

Recently, I have taken up an interest in board games, and I'm interested in trying out a few for the WiiU. I thought I'd ask real quick for suggestions. I'm not sure if this is a genre of game that many people on this board have looked at, but I thought I'd ask with the hope that this won't become a troll infested topic.

Fortune Street was one of my favorites on the Wii. I have quite an interest in Dragon Quest, so if there's any additional Dragon Quest themed board games, that would be cool, but that might be a niche a bit too narrow in scope.

Anyways, anyone have any recommendations for a good WiiU board game? Interested in seeing what people have seen that they liked.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 4
#2FishbulbPosted 7/15/2014 8:30:22 AM
There's nothing on Wii U.

The 360 has Catan, Carcassonne, Ticket To Ride and Lost Cities (I think it's now delisted though).

iOS is really the only platform that is good for boardgames. I recommend:

Ra
Tigris and Euphrades
Caylus
Money
High Society

There's tons more, but those are the ones I can personally vouch for.
---
Will there ever be a rainbow?
#3Kromlech06Posted 7/15/2014 8:59:09 AM
I think you'll really like dokapon kingdom. Check into that. It's for wii and gc.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#4TerotrousPosted 7/15/2014 11:20:20 AM
My first recommendation to anyone who likes Fortune Street is its sister series, Culdcept. Like Fortune Street, Culdcept features a monopoly-like board with differently coloured squares to occupy, but how you do so is different. Culdcept is also a Trading Card Game, every time you roll the dice you also draw a card, and rather than buying property you instead summon monsters to capture territory. When an opponent lands on that space, they can either pay the toll or try to fight your monster for control of that space. Like in Fortune Street, you can also upgrade territory that you own, which provides bonuses to the monster defending it and also makes it more valuable. It even has the same stock system as Fortune Street, though it's not available on every map. Winning games gives you more cards to make your deck stronger, so there's kind of an RPG aspect to it too.

The unfortunate thing is that there's only two localized versions of Culdcept, on PS2 and 360, and the game is pretty complicated to play in Japanese due to the many and varied effects of the cards. If you can read Japanese, there is a version of the game for DS (as well as 3DS but of course 3DS is region-locked).
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly