How come we haven't seen any Tales games on Nintendo in years?

#81AceMosPosted 7/15/2014 1:45:09 PM
TheDelivery posted...
If you were a tales of fan you'd own a playstation system by now rather than getting upset it's not on your system of choice.

no one is denying this

just calling out namco for there mismanagement of it

with the release a tales of game on a nintendo console then nor bring that version to the west

and basicly just treating nintendo fans as there bug testers for the sony version
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#82SuigintouEVPosted 7/15/2014 1:49:39 PM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
Also, I think the non-linearity is a huge deal. Not only does it encourage replayability, it really opens up the world to encourage you to just explore in general. Abyss had almost no exploration at all, and some non-linearity could have helped with that. Though the search points were still visible from a far distance, and there really wasn't any reason to walk anywhere but your intended destination in the overworld.

Abyss had enough exploration to be enjoyable. It had a ton of sidequests, too. Don't act like it's an on-rails RPG. Hell, look at the Cecile and Fringes sidequest. Or Natalia's Mentor sidequest. You have to go well out of your way to come across it. And the same is true of just about every sidequest in the game. It had a solid balance of sidequesting and main-questing. its focused plot wouldn't have worked being less linear unlike Symphonia which is all about simultaneous plot-threads.

End of the day the difference between Symphonia and Abyss is like the difference between FFVI and FFVII. Both are great games that are unlike each other in their design, but great in their own way.

Mini-criticism of Abyss
At least Innocence had the guilds you had to look around to find, and a crafting system that was well explained and in more than one city on the entire map.

Putting Din's Shop in other cities wouldn't make the game any more fun. The guild quests in Innocence were atrocious. The sidequests in Abyss were moreso character development quests - and there was a ton of content worth exploring towns for because of that.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#83TheDeliveryPosted 7/15/2014 1:53:52 PM
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...
If you were a tales of fan you'd own a playstation system by now rather than getting upset it's not on your system of choice.

no one is denying this

with the release a tales of game on a nintendo console then nor bring that version to the west

and basicly just treating nintendo fans as there bug testers for the sony version

You're speaking about Tales of Graces, correct? Having played the original Wii version and PS3 version I can say with complete honesty that you did not want that Wii version. The combat was poorly done with the controller, the game was filled with glitches and bugs while the PS3 version I played ran pretty much flawlessly.

Yes, it sucks but if they were to release one in English they picked the right one. That said, it's not like Sony fans aren't victims of that stuff too. They released a very superior version of Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 but never released it in English.

They seem to be stepping their game up since they released 4 games in English this year. (Tales of Symphonia 1/2, Tales of Xillia 2 (And having played this, I say without a shred of doubt it is the greatest Tales of game ever released) and Tales of Hearts R and Zesteria releasing next year.

It seems beneficial to consumers and to them to keep the series on one system and the Japanese fanbase wanted it on Playstation. Tales of Xillia sold extremely well both in Japan and in English. Playstation is where the mothership franchise is.
---
My goal is to make fanboys look at things at a more reasonable angle.
I suppose you can consider that a delivery of reason.
#84AceMosPosted 7/15/2014 1:55:42 PM
TheDelivery posted...
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...

no one is denying this

You're speaking about Tales of Graces, correct? Having played the original Wii version and PS3 version I can say with complete honesty that you did not want that Wii version. The combat was poorly done with the controller, the game was filled with glitches and bugs while the PS3 version I played ran pretty much flawlessly.

Yes, it sucks but if they were to release one in English they picked the right one. That said, it's not like Sony fans aren't victims of that stuff too. They released a very superior version of Tales of Vesperia on the PS3 but never released it in English.

They seem to be stepping their game up since they released 4 games in English this year. (Tales of Symphonia 1/2, Tales of Xillia 2 (And having played this, I say without a shred of doubt it is the greatest Tales of game ever released) and Tales of Hearts R and Zesteria releasing next year.

It seems beneficial to consumers and to them to keep the series on one system and the Japanese fanbase wanted it on Playstation. Tales of Xillia sold extremely well both in Japan and in English. Playstation is where the mothership franchise is.

the DS games they ported to the Vita to release in the west

even thoe the DS was a monster hit you are proving my point
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#85DerekRossPosted 7/15/2014 1:57:29 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
iKhanic posted...
Tales of Vesperia for Wii U would be amazing.

any instance of the PS3 version in English would be amazing.

I heard MS paid Namco to keep it exclusive to the 360 in the US but the deal was only for last generation. I think it's fair game now for the Wii U though a PS4 version is a lot more likely since Vesperia had quite a bit of technical issues on the PS3 and of course the sales of total hardware.
#86iKhanicPosted 7/15/2014 1:59:02 PM
SuigintouEV posted...
iKhanic posted...
Also, I think the non-linearity is a huge deal. Not only does it encourage replayability, it really opens up the world to encourage you to just explore in general. Abyss had almost no exploration at all, and some non-linearity could have helped with that. Though the search points were still visible from a far distance, and there really wasn't any reason to walk anywhere but your intended destination in the overworld.

Abyss had enough exploration to be enjoyable. It had a ton of sidequests, too. Don't act like it's an on-rails RPG. Hell, look at the Cecile and Fringes sidequest. Or Natalia's Mentor sidequest. You have to go well out of your way to come across it. And the same is true of just about every sidequest in the game. It had a solid balance of sidequesting and main-questing. its focused plot wouldn't have worked being less linear unlike Symphonia which is all about simultaneous plot-threads.

End of the day the difference between Symphonia and Abyss is like the difference between FFVI and FFVII. Both are great games that are unlike each other in their design, but great in their own way.

Mini-criticism of Abyss
At least Innocence had the guilds you had to look around to find, and a crafting system that was well explained and in more than one city on the entire map.

Putting Din's Shop in other cities wouldn't make the game any more fun. The guild quests in Innocence were atrocious. The sidequests in Abyss were moreso character development quests - and there was a ton of content worth exploring towns for because of that.

There is a reason I said overworld exploration. Abyss had plenty of exploration in cities and dungeons. In fact, I'd agree Abyss had far better cities and dungeons than Symphonia.

The crux of my complaint about Abyss is that when you were in the overworld (in other words outside of cities or dungeons) there was almost no exploration. At the very least, opening up Din's shop in different cities would have made the search points more useful in the early games. But even then the Search Points didn't encourage exploration because you could see them from really far away. I'm not saying the guild quests in Innocence are good, but that the existence of guild dungeons have you something to look for in the overworld aside from the next destination you were told to go to.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#87iKhanicPosted 7/15/2014 2:01:03 PM
TheDelivery posted...

That's a little bit of a generalization. I usually get one system per generation, and I would rather miss out on Tales games than miss out on Zelda and Smash Bros, so I usually stick to Nintendo.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#88TheDeliveryPosted 7/15/2014 2:03:04 PM
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...

no one is denying this

Only one is releasing on the Vita in the west and the Vita is a generation ahead of the DS when Baba (head of Tales of) decided the series should stay on Playstation systems. And they weren't ported they were completely remade.
---
My goal is to make fanboys look at things at a more reasonable angle.
I suppose you can consider that a delivery of reason.
#89ShibutoPosted 7/15/2014 2:03:50 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Personally been mad the US never got tales of graces on the Wii

Because the US got a superior version on a superior console.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed" -MiKe345675
#90AceMosPosted 7/15/2014 2:08:55 PM
TheDelivery posted...
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...
AceMos posted...
TheDelivery posted...

no one is denying this

Only one is releasing on the Vita in the west and the Vita is a generation ahead of the DS when Baba (head of Tales of) decided the series should stay on Playstation systems. And they weren't ported they were completely remade.

my point was they should have brought them over back in the DS days
---