With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...
2 years ago#1
Let me just say that I was a PS3 player and now my only console is the Wii U. I'm PC/WiiU this gen.

Hey, that's something!
2 years ago#2
Sony is just looking for hits.
2 years ago#3
It's just for media buzz. Any gamer with common sense knows it's a dumb statement. Casuals who played the Wii for party games and such are not going to get a PS4. Not a Wii U either, they're not going to pay over $200 for any console.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
2 years ago#4
Further, looking at the adoption rate, it appears that a large portion of the previous base hasn't adopted a new console yet.

Sony should stop joking about the Wii and figure out a way to get more people to convert from a 3 to a 4.
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
2 years ago#5
Well I had a Wii and currently have a Wii U now at some point either late this year or next year I will get a Xbox One for Halo and Gears. I don't really care for Sony first party exclusives.
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
2 years ago#6
nonexistinghero posted...
It's just for media buzz. Any gamer with common sense knows it's a dumb statement. Casuals who played the Wii for party games and such are not going to get a PS4. Not a Wii U either, they're not going to pay over $200 for any console.

Yet the wii was 250 for most of its life.
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
2 years ago#7
icarus231 posted...

But the Wii had a gimmick that made the price worth it in the eyes of the consumer.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
2 years ago#8
icarus231 posted...

The Wii got a price drop in 2008 to $200, about 2 years after launch. Besides that, it was a different era in gaming. The type of crowd that plays Wii games is the same type that plays browser games and smartphone/tablet games. It's not sensible for them anymore to spend money on a dedicated gaming console.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
2 years ago#9
icarus231 posted...

The Wii got a price drop in 2008 to $200, about 2 years after launch. Besides that, it was a different era in gaming. The type of crowd that plays Wii games is the same type that plays browser games and smartphone/tablet games. It's not sensible for them anymore to spend money on a dedicated gaming console.

Late 2009.
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM http://i.imgur.com/IHonJ8U.jpg
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic http://goo.gl/csNghm
2 years ago#10

This. Nobody has claimed then. Xbox One was the most likely to get it done this gen, but they failed miserably too.
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived