With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...
1 year ago#1
Let me just say that I was a PS3 player and now my only console is the Wii U. I'm PC/WiiU this gen.

Hey, that's something!
1 year ago#2
Sony is just looking for hits.
1 year ago#3
It's just for media buzz. Any gamer with common sense knows it's a dumb statement. Casuals who played the Wii for party games and such are not going to get a PS4. Not a Wii U either, they're not going to pay over $200 for any console.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
1 year ago#4
Further, looking at the adoption rate, it appears that a large portion of the previous base hasn't adopted a new console yet.

Sony should stop joking about the Wii and figure out a way to get more people to convert from a 3 to a 4.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
1 year ago#5
Well I had a Wii and currently have a Wii U now at some point either late this year or next year I will get a Xbox One for Halo and Gears. I don't really care for Sony first party exclusives.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
1 year ago#6
nonexistinghero posted...
It's just for media buzz. Any gamer with common sense knows it's a dumb statement. Casuals who played the Wii for party games and such are not going to get a PS4. Not a Wii U either, they're not going to pay over $200 for any console.

Yet the wii was 250 for most of its life.
---
NNID: Icarus231
PSN: Icarus_231
1 year ago#7
icarus231 posted...

But the Wii had a gimmick that made the price worth it in the eyes of the consumer.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
1 year ago#8
icarus231 posted...

The Wii got a price drop in 2008 to $200, about 2 years after launch. Besides that, it was a different era in gaming. The type of crowd that plays Wii games is the same type that plays browser games and smartphone/tablet games. It's not sensible for them anymore to spend money on a dedicated gaming console.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
1 year ago#9
icarus231 posted...

The Wii got a price drop in 2008 to $200, about 2 years after launch. Besides that, it was a different era in gaming. The type of crowd that plays Wii games is the same type that plays browser games and smartphone/tablet games. It's not sensible for them anymore to spend money on a dedicated gaming console.

Late 2009.
---
900p/30fps-The NEXT GEN POWER of 5GB GDDR5 RAM http://i.imgur.com/IHonJ8U.jpg
Pacman/Ms Pacman are racist, sexist and homophobic http://goo.gl/csNghm
1 year ago#10

This. Nobody has claimed then. Xbox One was the most likely to get it done this gen, but they failed miserably too.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. With all the "Sony is claiming ex-wii owners" topic...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived