I now have high hopes for Nintendo DS Virtual Console after seeing this.

#1freezingicekirbPosted 7/15/2014 1:49:59 PM
Browsing the GBATemp site, I stumbled across some discussion on the Nintendo DS emulator. Apparently, someone added something to it to allow the resolution to be increased, making the character and 3D models look better and whatnot.

...And I must say the results, in some cases, are pretty impressive.

http://i.imgur.com/fyFlk4V.png

Even though this is apparently one of the "Better" examples, here are some other images that showcases off just how much better these games can look when the resolution is increased.

http://imgur.com/a/0cKI2

The only bad thing is, this feature on the emulator does nothing to the textures and 2D sprites.

In any case, I have high hopes now for when Nintendo finally releases NDS virtual console games on the Wii U. If they do the same increased resolution thing (surely they will), combined with a texture filter for the 2D stuff... DS games (at least, the 3D ones) on the big screen might actually be worth it.

Thoughts? For anyone who doubted the inclusion of DS games on the Wii U, does this change your opinions at all?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 7/15/2014 1:52:03 PM
Sounds cool in theory, but you know we'll probably end up getting 1 DS game per year.
#3freezingicekirb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:53:49 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Sounds cool in theory, but you know we'll probably end up getting 1 DS game per year.

Sadly, you're probably right.
#4EoinPosted 7/15/2014 1:56:27 PM
freezingicekirb posted...
In any case, I have high hopes now for when Nintendo finally releases NDS virtual console games on the Wii U.

They already have released the first DS game, in both Japan and Europe.

This kind of graphical upgrade isn't present.
#5freezingicekirb(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2014 1:58:53 PM
Eoin posted...
freezingicekirb posted...
In any case, I have high hopes now for when Nintendo finally releases NDS virtual console games on the Wii U.

They already have released the first DS game, in both Japan and Europe.

This kind of graphical upgrade isn't present.

Really? So... Nintendo DS virtual console still retain the 256x192 resolution?

Oh my... that's disheartening...
#6_kybalion_Posted 7/15/2014 2:10:10 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...

And they'll be starting off with the DS equivalent of Urban Champion :-(.
#7RukumouruPosted 7/15/2014 2:10:42 PM
They will not upres games on VC because the point of VC is to play games "as you remember them", on the original systems.
#8Silent0nePosted 7/15/2014 2:18:11 PM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
1 DS game per year

---
Silence is a tool of the Mind
#9ChemazanPosted 7/15/2014 2:22:52 PM
This is for desmume, not Nintendo's VC
#10ChemazanPosted 7/15/2014 2:23:17 PM
This is for desmume, not Nintendo's VC