Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

#1brentendo3Posted 7/15/2014 8:34:38 PM(edited)
I like MetroidOtherM2 but I want to try and break it and this looks like a fun way.

I think Metroid Other M is a bad game because the d pad makes it hard to control.
#2MaouSadoPosted 7/15/2014 8:33:52 PM
It kills one of the primary "genres" of Metroid - Exploration
#3R_HunterPosted 7/15/2014 8:34:31 PM
It's a bad game because it takes Samus's strong character that was built up over several games, and has it killed and put on display.

It's a bad game because the logic sucks at times. "We're sending you into a hot area. No you can't have your Varia suit, why do you ask?"

I can go on.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#4Dlite83Posted 7/15/2014 8:37:23 PM
Metroid other M is a great game (I thought) but what I don't understand is why does Nintendo neglect what made the original games so great which is 2D gameplay (just like Zelda) Nintendo needs to make a 2D Metroid with amazing 2D graphics....that would be great (maybe a 0-6 hour games with all secret and everything...(On the WII U of course)
#5MaouSadoPosted 7/15/2014 8:38:04 PM
Dlite83 posted...
Metroid other M is a great game (I thought) but what I don't understand is why does Nintendo neglect what made the original games so great which is 2D gameplay (just like Zelda) Nintendo needs to make a 2D Metroid with amazing 2D graphics....that would be great (maybe a 0-6 hour games with all secret and everything...(On the WII U of course)

I personally liked Other M's 2.5D style, but the rest was an abortion.
#6MetroidJunkiePosted 7/15/2014 8:38:42 PM
It's way too linear, you have to beat the game to skip cut-scenes, their attempt to justify the upgrade mechanic is badly written, the obligatory pixel hunts are always a pain, having to flip the wii-mote to aim and fire missiles is disorientating, and I'd much rather have health pickups than Concentrating. It's not a terrible game, though, just well below my expectations for the series. If it was just some generic game, it wouldn't be so bad but you expect more from a game that bares the Metroid name.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#7DrRMPosted 7/15/2014 8:42:19 PM
coughaltcough...

meh! this again, sorry TC this kind of thread aren't as effective as before. you want 500 post go troll wii u mom or something...

know what, just say some dumb thing about wii u and you and there you got food for a month.

on topic, emmm!!! it cheat on me with my cat :| does that count ?_?
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#8freezingicekirbPosted 7/15/2014 8:42:20 PM
Here's one I'm pretty much alone on; I didn't like Samus' finishing moves. Everyone says how they look so badass and whatnot, but to me, they're usually too over-the top and anime-like for my likings... and besides that, I just don't think they fit the character.
#9Snow-DustPosted 7/15/2014 8:47:22 PM
This game does not have my authorization
#10CubeTVPosted 7/15/2014 8:50:40 PM
Wii remote on its side on a 3D game. I personally hate that control scheme. Seems like the Wii U hasn't learned from it though and is even going more backwards considering Mario Party 10 (requiring to use a last gen controller).
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii