Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

#21wiiking96Posted 7/15/2014 9:47:13 PM
freezingicekirb posted...
Here's one I'm pretty much alone on; I didn't like Samus' finishing moves. Everyone says how they look so badass and whatnot, but to me, they're usually too over-the top and anime-like for my likings... and besides that, I just don't think they fit the character.

Indeed. In every other Metroid game, the vast majority of the time, she simply keeps her distance and shoots enemies with whatever fire power she has at her disposal, with the exception being the Screw Attack (although mostly just in Fusion). There's no point in risking losing damage just to look cool when fighting a freaking Hopper.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#22IzanagiBlastPosted 7/15/2014 9:56:18 PM
Imo Other game was a great game, i trully enjoyed it but of course it wasn't the Metroid game we were expecting. Remove that last part out of the equation and it's a great game.
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#23jillwarrenPosted 7/15/2014 10:07:34 PM
Nothing. It is a perfectly good game. Not a flawless one, not one of the best ever, but it is good.

http://familygamerdad.blogspot.com/2014/05/another-look-at-other-m.html
---
NN: peteywarren PSN: peteywarren0829
I give God all glory. Just so you know, I am a guy; my wife picked this username.
#24GodofLazinessPosted 7/15/2014 10:20:52 PM
It has a misogynist vibe in its storytelling.
---
5 Things destroying humanity; money, politicians, journalists, drugs and religion.
#25wiiking96Posted 7/15/2014 10:22:26 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...
Imo Other game was a great game, i trully enjoyed it but of course it wasn't the Metroid game we were expecting. Remove that last part out of the equation and it's a great game.

It's a barebones action game with terrible storytelling that virtually no one would care about had it no well-known series to piggyback off of.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#26EeqmcsqPosted 7/15/2014 10:49:02 PM
wiiking96 posted...
That doesn't really make any sense.

Super Mario Galaxy showed me why analog sticks suck when you need to make very fast moves very precisely. Dreadnought Galaxy, purple coin challenge:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120519141108/wii/images/thumb/0/0e/Dreadnought_Galaxy_BPC_3.jpg/277px-Dreadnought_Galaxy_BPC_3.jpg

The stage has moving platforms and bullets shooting at you. The purple coins are often lined up in a straight line. That means I would simply need to move Mario to the right to collect them.

The problem is that on an analog stick, it's very difficult to move perfectly and precisely to right, especially under duress. Sometimes you end up moving to the right and slightly up (away from the screen), or slightly down (towards the screen). This is very frustrating when I THINK I'm moving straight to the right, but I'm moving away from the screen, causing me to go off line and miss a coin, or even worse, fall off the platform. The analog stick is even more frustrating when I have to make a series of quick moves to dodge the bullets, get the coins, and jump to the next platform, all without losing my alignment with the coins.

On a digital pad, I have only 8 directions that I can press - 4 straight and 4 diagonal. This means I can PRECISELY move to the right and get 1 or 2 of the purple coins, and very quickly and precisely move back to the left to dodge a bullet, all without losing my alignment with the coins, all under duress. Since I'm still aligned with the coins, I can once again move right again to collect the rest in the line. I can also jump to the next platform and STAY aligned with the upcoming coins.

So that's what I mean when I say the digital pad is more precise and efficient at making quick moves.
#27MetroidOtherM2Posted 7/15/2014 11:09:59 PM
IzanagiBlast posted...

I agree, Metroid Other M is a wonderful game.
#28IzanagiBlastPosted 7/15/2014 11:15:08 PM
wiiking96 posted...
IzanagiBlast posted...

It's a barebones action game with terrible storytelling that virtually no one would care about had it no well-known series to piggyback off of.

See? Everyone's opinion is different.
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#29CrystalKing5426Posted 7/15/2014 11:23:24 PM
Hyper linearity in a series known for nonlinearity, destroys Samus' character, some of the worst writing and voice acting I've ever seen in a game, hilariously bad story, 3D movement with a D-pad, Sensemove breaks the entire game, there's zero reason to fight enemies, concentration destroys challenge further, bosses and plot points are blatantly ripped from past games without realizing what made those fights and scenes work in those games, rapes the series continuity, so little exploration 90% of the world is a hallway and the game will lock doors if you try to backtrack, immobility in first person, awful first person aiming when Corruption already got this right, pixel hunts, random slow walk sequences, spastic cutscene cinematography, Adamization, no new powerups in a series about collecting powerups, throws a ton of Super Metroid paint in an attempt to pander to nostalgia, the same canned QTE kill animations, silly character designs & costumes, that bullcrap with not knowing you could use Power Bombs on the penultimate boss, beat the final boss by pointing at it, extremely bland atmosphere and next to no art direction, and a nonexistent soundtrack.

did I miss anything?
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#30CrystalKing5426Posted 7/15/2014 11:26:18 PM
Wait, I forget about the rampant fanservice (the TnA kind).
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid