Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

#51MetroidJunkiePosted 7/17/2014 6:55:59 AM
HermeticJustice posted...
the name sounds horrible

Echoes, Super, Corruption, Hunters, Fusion, all of these are good names

Hell, Pinball is a better name than Other M

Some have joked that Metroid Other M was so it could be abbreviated as MOM, since the game has such a strong maternity theme. I also thought Metroid Prime Pinball was a great game. It doesn't play like a normal Metroid game but that would be like looking down on Mario Kart because it doesn't play like a Mario game.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#52Model_OmegaPosted 7/17/2014 7:03:06 AM
MetroidJunkie posted...
HermeticJustice posted...
the name sounds horrible

Echoes, Super, Corruption, Hunters, Fusion, all of these are good names

Hell, Pinball is a better name than Other M

Some have joked that Metroid Other M was so it could be abbreviated as MOM, since the game has such a strong maternity theme. I also thought Metroid Prime Pinball was a great game. It doesn't play like a normal Metroid game but that would be like looking down on Mario Kart because it doesn't play like a Mario game.

That's not a coincidence, the entire game has maternity as a theme, Madeline and Melissa, Samus and the Hatchling, the Bottle Ship looking like a baby bottle.
---
3DS FC: 2852-9037-5265 Pokemon X IGN: Brandon
Support B.C. Teachers! Down with the Liberal's oppression on bargaining rights!
#53MetroidJunkiePosted 7/17/2014 7:05:11 AM
Model_Omega posted...

That's not a coincidence, the entire game has maternity as a theme, Madeline and Melissa, Samus and the Hatchling, the Bottle Ship looking like a baby bottle.

MetroidJunkie posted...

since the game has such a strong maternity theme.

I said that same point.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#54MaouSadoPosted 7/17/2014 9:14:46 PM
MetroidJunkie posted...
Model_Omega posted...

MetroidJunkie posted...

since the game has such a strong maternity theme.

I said that same point.

All aboard to Nipple World~!
#55Shred_AkumaPosted 7/17/2014 9:17:37 PM
The fact that Ridley killed Samus' parents just ruined Ridley encounters in all other metroid games for me.
#56MaouSadoPosted 7/17/2014 9:20:27 PM
Shred_Akuma posted...
The fact that Ridley killed Samus' parents just ruined Ridley encounters in all other metroid games for me.

...Hwat?
#57QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/18/2014 8:54:06 AM(edited)
MaouSado posted...
Shred_Akuma posted...

...Hwat?

It's explained in the manga nobody knows about, and the Metroid Prime manual.

The big disappointment is that, in spite of murdering the guy repeatedly, Samus just panics and goes fetal-position, when going all Inigo Montoya would have been way more awesome.
#58Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/18/2014 10:58:52 AM
Model_Omega posted...

I actually have a problem with how they did that.
If you (the developers) are going to go for a maternal theme, you should do a good job of it.
What they did was REFERENCES, primarily though cut-scenes.
They did not EXPLORE those themes of motherhood.
Maybe even though gameplay.

I also think that this was the wrong game to do that with.
I think that they should have explored Samus's relationship with Adam, OR the motherhood them with the baby metroid.
They really didn't do either very well.
#59darkjedilinkPosted 7/18/2014 11:00:11 AM
The story is horrendous.

The characterization of Samus in the game is a big, giant step backwards for the progression of equality in gaming.

The controls are ill-conceived and just plain stupid.

Exploration for powerups is nonexistent.

Challenge of any form is nonexistent.

Harping on the story again, it's a worse, dumbed-down clone of the story of Fusion (the story Other M was supposed to EXPLAIN).

All this aside, the graphics were nice - for an early Wii game. Wait - it wasn't an early Wii game? Crap!

The easier question would have been "name a reason it's a good game." The only correct answer is "nothing."
---
Deus Ex Wii U is $20-$55 more expensive than other versions, but it only didn't sell because Wii U owners don't like third-party games. - king_madden
#60MaouSadoPosted 7/18/2014 1:06:41 PM
Questionmarktarius posted...
MaouSado posted...
Shred_Akuma posted...

...Hwat?

It's explained in the manga nobody knows about, and the Metroid Prime manual.

The big disappointment is that, in spite of murdering the guy repeatedly, Samus just panics and goes fetal-position, when going all Inigo Montoya would have been way more awesome.

No I know that.

He words it like it ruined ANY fight with Ridley.