Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

#61Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/18/2014 1:19:32 PM
Bad Space Dargon, naughty naughty.
#62DMZappPosted 7/18/2014 3:11:39 PM
-Metroid Other M is a bad game due to those pixel hunts, a problem more glaring due to scanning no longer being a "thing".
-Metroid Other M is a bad game due to not finding a way to remind players about the most powerful ability in the game at an important moment.
-Metroid Other M has a bad story due to the protagonist not really solving the conflict this time, instead having it resolve itself.
---
3DS Friend Code 2664-2654-8959
My Best Pokemon Y Battle: 75LG-WWWW-WWW4-RRCZ
#63MARl0Posted 7/18/2014 3:21:36 PM
I can't think of any.
---
Currently playing: Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) / Tomodachi Life (3DS)
#64trenkenPosted 7/18/2014 3:23:13 PM
There are so many reasons. To 500!
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#65Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/18/2014 3:28:44 PM
DMZapp posted...

-Metroid Other M has a bad story due to the protagonist not really solving the conflict this time, instead having it resolve itself.

I just can't get over this.
I mean WTF were they thinking.
Did they just miss that when they were writing the script?
I mean seriously.
Samus is monologuing most of the game, yet the story doesn't even need her, she's just there.
Repeatedly she is being rescued by the space marines.
It's like they went out of their way to make her as much of a "Damsel in Distress" as possible, while still being playable.
#66townparkradioPosted 7/18/2014 3:32:54 PM
GodofLaziness posted...
It has a misogynist vibe in its storytelling.

You missed the point entirely. Samus subjugated herself to a man who knew she was worth more. So he punished her for it over and over, and even shot her in the back, until she udnerstood what she was doing wrong.
#67trenkenPosted 7/18/2014 3:34:18 PM
The only thing anyone needs to know to explain everything wrong with this game, is that it was made by team ninja without itagaki. When he was there he made one of the finest 3d action games ever made imo. As soon as he left, the company was awful and hasnt made a single good game.

Its almost like nintendo thought this was the same company that made that first ninja gaiden game, but they arent. That game and almost everything in it came from itagakis mind. Did nintendo not do research on them before handing an important franchise to them? They clearly dont have the talent like retro does to handle a popular franchise like this.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#68Aegis_RunestonePosted 7/18/2014 3:57:30 PM
Story.
---
I promise you'll like my fan stories. ;) Check them out!
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/402828/
#69townparkradioPosted 7/18/2014 5:27:26 PM
Shred_Akuma posted...
The fact that Ridley killed Samus' parents just ruined Ridley encounters in all other metroid games for me.

So... everything from Metroid 2 on was "ruined" for you, then?

Or was it that you didn;t actually know jack squat about Metroid and are now annoyed ity's deeper than you ever knew?
#70townparkradioPosted 7/18/2014 5:34:00 PM
trenken posted...
Its almost like nintendo thought this was the same company that made that first ninja gaiden game,

Excuse me. What the screaming blue hedgehogs are you babbling about?

The first Ninja Gaiden was made about 5 years before he was even hired by Tecmo as a pixel artist.