Name a reason Metroid: Other M is a bad game

#81PK_RockinPosted 7/18/2014 7:41:17 PM
Personally I liked shooting missiles in 1st-person. My only complaint is that the whole game didn't play that way.

BA-BAM!
#82Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/19/2014 1:42:32 AM
DontDieNintendo posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Nintendo should not have outsourced one of their top series, and especially not to Team Ninja.
Seriously, the people who coined the term "breast-physics"?
RLY?

How many times must it be said that Other M being a disaster was almost entirely Sakamoto's fault, not Team Ninja's? I don't think people quite understand Sakamoto's role in the creation of the game, and think he just came up with a bad story.

http://youtu.be/RqFm1ei6mjo?t=1m25s
#83VideoGameXVPosted 7/19/2014 1:57:01 AM
You have to play with only the Wii Remote, you get used to the controls after a little while though I would've preferred using the Nunchuck to move around instead.
#84RukumouruPosted 7/19/2014 3:29:55 AM
R_Hunter posted...
It's a bad game because the logic sucks at times. "We're sending you into a hot area. No you can't have your Varia suit, why do you ask?"

The logic behind this was that Samus was looking for human survivors. The likelihood of being able to traverse short stretches of super heated areas was already low for them, anywhere that absolutely needed the Varia was impossible.

Anyway, Metroid M was a potentially very good game that got shafted by:

- Poor controls due to being artificially restricted to using ONLY the Wiimote (Sakamoto's instructions, Team Ninja wanted to use the Nunchuk)

- Too linear: Exploration is reduced to extremely short detours to find hidden items. The game even tells you the exact location of these!

- Horrible characterization of Samus and breach of series canon if one considers the superior Metroid Prime series to be non-canon.

- Forgettable OST.

Other M as a franchise holds great promise if there are continuations and these problems are addressed. I would probably like such a thing more than Prime.
#85Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/19/2014 4:48:07 AM
I think we should all bury Other M, and get on with our lives.
There are plenty of GOOD Metroid games that a new one could follow.
#86AceMosPosted 7/19/2014 5:28:07 AM
to those that bring up the manga did you even read it?

in it samus was head strong and confident showed compasion for life and would disobey orders to do what was needed

she even threatened to kill adam (who him self belived samus becoming a bounty hunter was more fitting for her than being in the federation which he felt held her back)

samus did not view adam as a father figure in that

she had 2 chozo she viewed as father figures grey voic and old bird (grey voice was even the one who gave her the chozo DNA)

yes she has a freak out against ridley in the manga but it was not just seeing him

it was his tuanting her and the fact that she had suppressed the memories of what he did

later in the manga she shows she has goten over it ridley even tries to brink out another freak out

she mocks him for it
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#87wiiking96Posted 7/19/2014 5:54:51 AM
Rukumouru posted...
R_Hunter posted...
It's a bad game because the logic sucks at times. "We're sending you into a hot area. No you can't have your Varia suit, why do you ask?"

The logic behind this was that Samus was looking for human survivors. The likelihood of being able to traverse short stretches of super heated areas was already low for them, anywhere that absolutely needed the Varia was impossible.

Nothing of this sort was even implied anywhere in the game. People really need to stop extrapolating to make up the for the game's plot holes.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#88RukumouruPosted 7/19/2014 6:08:39 AM
wiiking96 posted...
Rukumouru posted...
R_Hunter posted...

Nothing of this sort was even implied anywhere in the game. People really need to stop extrapolating to make up the for the game's plot holes.

It was. Adam literally said "Look for survivors. Start by exploring the areas that you can access with your current equipment."
#89AceMosPosted 7/19/2014 6:24:04 AM
why turn the varia suit off at all?

the reason things where turned off to begine with was to not harm survivors a heat shield would not be a threat to any one

and his own men are alowed to use there heat shields

and anthony was told he can use his plasma canon with his own judgement

and samus had been ordered through the heat zone so yes you are trying to excuse plot holes
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#90TheGamerCalledSPosted 7/19/2014 6:34:25 AM
Find the green blood on the green grass!