Mario Maker Online Sharing Is Only Still A CONSIDERATION!

#31BMK2010Posted 7/18/2014 6:13:04 PM
VideoboysaysCube posted...
Nintendo is afraid that people will actually produce better games that than stupid New Mario Bros. series they keep rehashing.

Exactly what I been thinking all along, I mean look at Super Mario Bros X, fan-made and the game was awesome, until Nintendo stepped in and said enough was enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_p2Y8CG7Y
#32king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 9:57:42 PM
Nintendo is afraid that people will actually produce better games that than stupid New Mario Bros. series they keep rehashing.

That makes me feel like it will be fairly bare bone.
#33EoinPosted 7/18/2014 10:44:38 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
The big difference between the DS/3DS and the Wii U is that the DS had a large enough userbase to justify the expense and the Wii U doesn't.

Games that have online level sharing include such niche games as Sound Shapes and Echochrome II and Joe Danger. Two of those are indie games. If they can do it, Nintendo has no excuse.

For a game like this, the ability to share levels online will result in enough additional sales that it will justify the expense all by itself. This is a game that, for many people, is a definite buy with online level sharing and a total waste of money otherwise.
#34kalvadorPosted 7/19/2014 12:17:51 AM
BMK2010 posted...

Exactly what I been thinking all along, I mean look at Super Mario Bros X, fan-made and the game was awesome, until Nintendo stepped in and said enough was enough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO_p2Y8CG7Y

What do you mean? SMBX is still available.
---
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn
#35ArabrockermanXPosted 7/19/2014 12:34:57 AM
king_madden posted...
ArabrockermanX posted...
kaliskonig posted...
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/mario-maker-online-sharing-being-considered-3ds-ve/1100-6421163/?utm_source=gamefaqs&utm_medium=partner&utm_content=news_module&utm_campaign=hub_platform

What the actual ****!!! Why is this not a freakin no brainer to hve in the game?

"Of course, it's nice to have rankings and the like, but we're trying to think of ways to ensure that everybody's creations get seen by someone. That's what I'm working on now."

It appears he has confirmed it but he was talking about how they are planning to implement it... Seems something got lost in the translation there.

On that quote it just sounds like what everyone is thinking. He's thinking of a way to add in online sharing. which people feel should be a no-brainer.

It doesn't sound like he is thinking about having online as much as he is thinking about how they will implement it in a way where your levels receive a decent amount of exposure even if you are not the best designer out there.
#36king_maddenPosted 7/19/2014 12:53:03 AM
"I would like to consider doing something like [online sharing] with Mario Maker," he said. "There is a challenge there, though."

to me it still sounds like he would like to do it. its just that he doesnt know if or how its going to work.

on a side note does the wiiu have any games that allow for a lot of user created content like levels and things like that to be shared? like a LBP or modnation?
#37art_of_the_killPosted 7/19/2014 1:14:02 AM
"There is a challenge there, though.

Well, knowing Nintendo, they'll put a minimal amount of effort into actually getting it to work, and if they can't, they'll make a lame excuse as to why, and then go on to say that the game is somehow better/more enjoyable without it.
---
Assassin's Creed (yes, the first one) is one of my favorite games from Gen 7.
#38LvthnPosted 7/19/2014 1:30:55 AM
Well, that's certainly a wtf moment. What's the point of a level editor that can't share levels?

Maybe they'll give some thought to disabling game saves on X and that useless analog stick for Star Fox. Trash features that real fans don't need.
#39brolynickPosted 7/19/2014 4:49:40 AM
When it was announced I immediately wanted to play it because of the level sharing. I just assumed it would be in because it's the most obvious ****ing thing in the whole world. I suck at creating levels, I just want to play through awesome ones that others make just like Super Mario World romhacks.

They will lose a lot of sales if it doesn't have sharing.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#40Neo_HeartlessPosted 7/19/2014 5:05:19 AM
"I would like to consider doing something like [online sharing] with Mario Maker," he said. "There is a challenge there, though. If you create something and upload it somewhere, of course you want as many people as possible to see it. Naturally, the most popular courses will be seen and played by others, but those that don't have that top spot may not attract the same number of eyeballs for people looking at them."

It really does sound like it'll be in, but they're trying to think of a way to making sure you can find plenty of levels by something other than ranking.

That's a silly thing to be considering though, the good levels deserve to get popular and it shouldn't be an issue to see your friends levels. That's all you really need.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]