I can't play mario kart 8 efficiently without gazing at the amazing graphics

#1darealest47Posted 7/17/2014 4:54:17 AM
This game proves that the consensus of gameplay > graphics is wrong and the consensus should be that gameplay and graphics should always be equal because with the logic that is gameplay > graphics I could just be playing the very first one.

Anyway, I can't for the life of me focus on winning a race (granted I'm able to get to fourth place a lot) without stopping for a second and just looking at the game with my jaws dropped. This game looks f***ing amazing and blows away just about every game I have played in terms of graphics. I'm no graphic whore but goddamn does this game look like a f***ing Pixar movie. It's unreal. I never seen a game looked this good before and as a ps4 owner too I don't think any ps4 game will surpass this in terms of graphics. Or in terms of fun either but that's a different story.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#2Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 7/17/2014 5:01:15 AM
It's amazing, but here come the ps4 children to tell you it could be done on PS3
---
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U!
#3SonytendoPosted 7/17/2014 5:03:53 AM
It could be done on the PS1. There is nothing in that game more advanced or better looking than Crash Team Racing.
#4stargazer64Posted 7/17/2014 5:09:39 AM
darealest47 posted...
I don't think any ps4 game will surpass this in terms of graphics.

wat
---
"That's the wrong part of the sentence to be focusing on." - Lorne Malvo
#5NathanmgPosted 7/17/2014 5:16:45 AM
The whole gameplay>graphics thing isn't representative of what the ratio should be within an individual game. Where possible both should be outstanding but developers should focus on their game actually having fun/engaging mechanics first instead of just making something pretty.
#6XechsPosted 7/17/2014 5:31:29 AM
Nathanmg posted...
The whole gameplay>graphics thing isn't representative of what the ratio should be within an individual game. Where possible both should be outstanding but developers should focus on their game actually having fun/engaging mechanics first instead of just making something pretty.

Agree, like crysis 3 was a 4 hour game and cost $65 mil to make, and pretty medicore experience but nice graphics, then you have something like last of us a $35 mil game with 10 hours and plays and looks good. So having both complement each other is ideal. But I had just as much fun with somehting like vanquish where the visuals was just enough and had amazing gameplay.

I think the thing with nintendo graphic praise is well this is the first time most nintendo ip is in HD. It's exciting. Nintendo does have pleasing designs in their games, I know I can't wait to see a HD metroid game. Prime games had fantastic artistic design, I want to see those in HD.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
#7helldewPosted 7/17/2014 5:38:27 AM
Prime games had fantastic art design and fantastic gameplay. the amount of craftsmanship in those games blows my mind to this day
---
Competitive smash, random gaming news, + game dev stuff. Follow me on twitter @helld3w il follow back :p
#8darealest47(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 5:38:41 AM
Sonytendo posted...
It could be done on the PS1. There is nothing in that game more advanced or better looking than Crash Team Racing.

CTR is one of my favorite games ever. That said, there are a lot of advanced mechanics and more complexity in this game for obvious reasons and the things that this game accomplishes within those complexities are beyond superb.
---
won't change this sig until pittsburgh steelers gets their 7th ring
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2eVPxvaIzec
#9game freakozoidPosted 7/17/2014 6:06:01 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
It's amazing, but here come the ps4 children to tell you it could be done on PS3

Let's not call them children for pointing out something that is just plain obvious.
#10BaronVladzPosted 7/17/2014 6:07:39 AM
Looks pretty and a good effort from Nintendo at a first HD mario kart game, but they made a mistake of not implementing any sort of anti-aliasing.