What are some must own games?

#1birdmanjj9Posted 7/17/2014 8:41:24 PM
Finally Just ordered my Wii U! I have Mario Kart coming as well. What are some must own games that are out? Mainly got the system for MK and SSB. Dont really care for any multiplat games either.
#21shadetail1Posted 7/17/2014 8:52:02 PM
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3
---
"It's easier to outsmart people than it is to outdumb them." - Scott Meyer
#3birdmanjj9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 8:53:02 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3

how similar is super mario 3D compared to the 3ds version?
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/17/2014 8:55:11 PM
birdmanjj9 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3

Not too similar. More items, more levels, better graphics, and multiplayer. Its definitely better and definitely a must have.

The only other game I can think of that's a must have is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Its a million times better than the first game and its platforming at its best.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#5SBias73Posted 7/17/2014 8:57:07 PM(edited)
Personally... I love Super Mario 3d World, and it was very similar to 3D Land just on a grand grand scale, with so much more stuffed in.

Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (Game is brutal, but so awesome.)
Wind Waker HD (If you haven't played it before, then move it to the top of the list.)
#6birdmanjj9(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2014 8:56:26 PM
Pink_a_Dink posted...
birdmanjj9 posted...
1shadetail1 posted...
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter 3

Not too similar. More items, more levels, better graphics, and multiplayer. Its definitely better and definitely a must have.

The only other game I can think of that's a must have is Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. Its a million times better than the first game and its platforming at its best.

well im glad its different. Both those games you mentioned are both on my list then
#7elbarto1Posted 7/17/2014 8:58:23 PM
Shovel knight
Deus ex human revolution (if you've never played it)
Wind waker (if you've never played it)
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#8Juju_Architect_Posted 7/17/2014 9:00:22 PM
The level design in 3D World is a huge improvement over 3D Land.
---
Cavorting about affixing Gogol Horns to houses does not constitute looking after an entire colony, Juju. -Dunban
#9Snow-DustPosted 7/17/2014 9:00:35 PM
Wonderful101 no matter what
#10PennywiseJimPosted 7/17/2014 9:20:15 PM
Pretty much every game everyone else has mentioned, but I'll add NSMBU to the list if you like platformers. It gets a lot of hate for being too similar to the other NSMB games. Although it doesn't add anything revolutionary to the series, it's a really solid platformer and the best NSMB game there is.