How's Scribblenauts Unmasked/Unlimited?

#1Felix_XIPosted 7/18/2014 10:14:52 AM
Is it fun gameplay-wise? Is the game suppose to target younger audiences?
#2GRNKRBYPosted 7/20/2014 1:38:58 PM
I have Scribblenauts Unlimited.

It is a decent game, but it has literally zero replayability. You can't replay any of the normal puzzle segments after you've completed them, unless you delete all your data and your user created objects.

There's also a glitch that prevents users from downloading / creating a certain number of objects in the retail WiiU version (game crashes to error message).

The series is lighthearted, and the puzzles are easy. The sandbox element is what people come back for (give Sasquatch a hoverboard and a "Hatlike Salmon" to wear, then pit it against user-created Batman with the adjectives "angry, polka-dotted" applied to him).

If you have a decent PC, I would recommend getting the game there, if only for price. I repurchased it for 7.50 on PC a short while after launch.
#3RobJ24Posted 7/20/2014 1:39:52 PM
If you're really creative, you'll love the object editor. Even the Wii U version of Unlimited is really cheap now.
#4GRNKRBYPosted 7/20/2014 1:56:27 PM
RobJ24 posted...
If you're really creative, you'll love the object editor. Even the Wii U version of Unlimited is really cheap now.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the object creation element. Created most of the Ace Attorney characters, and some Ghost Trick / 999 reps. I just wish I could replay the levels using those objects without changing WiiU profiles.

I think my user creation hub on WiiU is named "Green Kirbys".
#5room temperaturePosted 7/20/2014 1:59:07 PM
So if I was to pick one up at some point which of the two would be better?
---
she got screwed up by religion. she got screwed by soccer players. she got high for the first time in the camps down by the banks of the mississippi river.
#6Harie0Posted 7/20/2014 2:00:48 PM
It's more of a younger audience, but it can be fun for all with the right mindset.
---
3DS FC: 2552-0845-5961
#7Earthworm_JimPosted 7/20/2014 2:03:11 PM
room temperature posted...
So if I was to pick one up at some point which of the two would be better?

I have played both and I can easily say that Unlimited is quite a bit better

Luckily I got Unmasked for $8 because, after playing it, I wouldn't give much more than that for it