Will you buy Mass Effect 4 if it's on Wii U?

#101marc5third3Posted 7/19/2014 5:52:05 PM
Honestly, while I am a huge Nintendo fan, I would not get it on Wii U.

I like to play the western RPG games more on my PC, and I don't see any reason to change that. There are more buttons, which makes for faster control, and they have the smoothest frame rates and best graphics.

I've played Dragon Age 1-2, Witcher 1-2, Mass Effect 1-3, Elder Scrolls 4-5, Fallout 3+NV, and others on PC, so I'll keep up the trend.

However, if a game is really designed to be a console RPG, such as Final Fantasy or the Paper Mario series (oh how much I love that series), I'll gladly get it for the console. It just has to be designed with a console in mind, rather than a PC.
---
"You killed my brother, you sons of a *****es!"
- Mario, from Robot Chicken Episode
#102Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 5:09:42 AM
I'm a little shock by how much hate Mass Effect 3 got. It really didn't deserve it.
#103Inferno700Posted 7/20/2014 5:37:40 AM
No I don't care much for the game. If I did I would get it on PC probably because it's cheaper.
---
NNID: Jesus_Is_God 3DS FC: 3952-8112-9436
Steam ID: Inferno700 PSN: Inferno701
#104brolynickPosted 7/20/2014 6:03:12 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
I'm a little shock by how much hate Mass Effect 3 got. It really didn't deserve it.

A lot of people decided to hate on it because of the ending. It's like a bad ending suddenly made the previous 20-25 hours of gameplay crappy. For me it's the journey that counts and not the destination.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#105Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 7:01:55 AM
brolynick posted...

A lot of people decided to hate on it because of the ending. It's like a bad ending suddenly made the previous 20-25 hours of gameplay crappy. For me it's the journey that counts and not the destination.

I agree with you about "the journey, not the destination", but I actually liked the ending.
I couldn't ask for more.
It was final.
It brought closure to Shepard's journey.
It gave resolution to all of the conflict that the trilogy was about.
It gave depth to everything that came before it.

It wasn't some cheesy 'cowboy rides into the sunset' bs.
It wasn't 'Shepard fistbeating the biggest Reaper and all the others go home and everyone celebrates'.
It wasn't some meaningless "everyone goes away happy ending".
You can't have that. It wouldn't give value to the struggle of the series.
It needed sacrifice. It need you (the player) to choose the good of the galaxy over all else.

Now, I should also state that I choose the green ending Synthesis which I believe to be the best ending.
I have also seen a lot of polls that resulted in most people choosing the red ending Destroy, because Shepard might live.
I believe that this is because of a misconception that the ending tie into the Renegade/Paragon choice system. It doesn't.
It is simply a matter of what you believe to be the best solution.

They even modified the Renegade/Paragon system into a single Reputation system, because the creators saw people playing ALL Paragon or ALL Renegade because the previous games punished you for honestly choosing some for some situations and others for other situations.
THIS WAS UNINTENTIONAL

In the first game, you actually had to put points into one or the other in order to get those options, literally forcing the player to play in the (R/P) direction that they had put points into.
They removed that from the second game, and generally have you the options either way, but rewarded you with R/P points for one or the other.
Once again, you had to commit to one side, or your points would be divided, and you would get less options.

So, for the third game, they ADDED your R/P points together in a single Reputation bar, so that you could freely choice what you thought was best, without committing you to one or the other.
You would be reward equally, no matter which you chose, and were free to be whatever you wanted, or thought that the situation called for at the time.
They never wanted you to choose "Good or Evil" at the start of the game.

They also showed you that no ending was "Paragon" or "Renegade" by making the Illusive Man's (who is bad) ending Blue (normally for Paragon), and Anderson's (who is good) ending Red (normally for Renegade), and Green (which was never used in the moral system.)
They did not do this accidentally.
This was to let you know that there was no Paragon / Renegade ending.
It was YOUR ending.
#106bandit__74Posted 7/20/2014 10:31:39 AM
I didn't have a problem with the ending so much as I did with the devs completely undermining ALL of my decisions throughout the series.

Killed the Rachni Queen? Oh well, Reapers cloned her,
Killed off the Council? Oh well, let's pretend that didn't happen.
Made Anderson councillor? Nah, let's just put Udina back in there.
Stopped a Quarian/Geth war? Nope, you must've dreamt that part up.
Destroyed Genophage Data? Doesn't matter, we had a work around the whole time.

Not to mention just dropping the whole "dark matter" storyline in favour of some grade school quality Deus ex machina. Ugh. ME3 has the best gameplay of the whole series, but the story and ending are an absolute steaming pile and a giant middle finger to fans.
#107Baha05Posted 7/20/2014 10:35:56 AM
Honestly I doubt I'll buy ME4 anyhow.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#108Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 11:06:26 AM
bandit__74 posted...
I didn't have a problem with the ending so much
but the story and ending are an absolute steaming pile and a giant middle finger to fans.

I'm getting some mixed-messages here about your feelings on the ending.

bandit__74 posted...
... as I did with the devs completely undermining ALL of my decisions throughout the series.

Killed the Rachni Queen? Oh well, Reapers cloned her,
Killed off the Council? Oh well, let's pretend that didn't happen.
Made Anderson councillor? Nah, let's just put Udina back in there.
Stopped a Quarian/Geth war? Nope, you must've dreamt that part up.
Destroyed Genophage Data? Doesn't matter, we had a work around the whole time.

You have some good points there, but I am going to point out that it is a different Council, it just seems like it didn't matter because elected officials are all full of the same BS. (true story)

Anderson did choose to stay on Earth during the invasion, which did seem very much in-character for him.
And it did set up for Udina's betrayal, without which, we would not have had the invasion of the Citadel, which was a major point in ME3's main story, and it would not have been the same without it.

Even though you stopped the Geth invasion, it was obvious that it was never going to be a permanent solution.
During Tali's loyalty mission in ME2, it was clear that a certain many leaders wanted to go to war with the Geth to take back their homeworld, understandably.

I do agree with about the Genophage data, but once again, also a huge part of what made ME3's story.
They probably would have been better off not putting that choice into ME2, and saving the Genophage thing for ME3.

You are absolutely right about the Rachni Queen. That was a lot of BS.
It was a great moment for Grunt's spotlight, but they could have worked him in somewhere else.

bandit__74 posted...
Not to mention just dropping the whole "dark matter" storyline in favour of some grade school quality Deus ex machina.

I'm sorry, you lost me a bit here.
Do you mean the Dark Energy?
Because they explained that just fine, I thought.
http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_energy
#109GodofLazinessPosted 7/20/2014 11:27:21 AM
Why are people talking about this? The chances of this game coming out on the Wii U is less than zero. If by some miracle EA decided to release it on the Wii U it will be gimped as hell.
---
5 Things destroying humanity; money, politicians, journalists, drugs and religion.
#110Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 11:30:10 AM
GodofLaziness posted...
The chances of this game coming out on the Wii U is less than zero.

Yes, but how much less than zero?
That's the real question.