Will you buy Mass Effect 4 if it's on Wii U?

#131Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:32:04 AM
***SPOILER WARNING IN ADVANCE***
I would normally use the spoiler tag in HTML but it would basically black out everything, so if you haven't play Mass Effect 2 or 3, just don't read any part of the post at all.

bandit__74 posted...

Ghost-inZeShell posted...

I've read the "leaked" ending. It's rubbish. I like the ending that they went with much better.
Just out of asking, how YOU read the "leaked" original ending?
http://www.ign.com/blogs/mikeerik/2012/08/01/original-mass-effect-3-ending-spoilers/
Seriously?
Dark Energy is this evil magic that will destroy the universe... unless we let the Reapers harvest humanity.... HWAT?!

And then, you are given the choice between..
Paragon (Destroy the Reapers) or
Renegade (let the Reapers sacrifice humanity to the Dark Energy)

...and you're telling that, THAT was a better ending?

Yes, you're right. The whole "we are going to send synthetics to destroy/harvest you so that you don't get destroyed/harvested by synthetics" ending was much better.

Yes yes, you're being sarcastic, which we all know makes you right by default.
LOL

bandit__74 posted...
At least the dark energy ending gave a non-apocryphal reason as to why the reapers were reaping (stupid as it may have been, at least it was internally consistent logically). Also, it explained why the reapers were harvesting humans in ME2. They needed the genetic diversity that humans alone had. Same reason the plague on Omega didn't affect humans but it did affect every other race.

I already explained why they were harvesting humans in ME2.
ME2 explained why they were harvesting humans in ME2.
HUMAN REAPER
As far as Omega, that was a test, that was how they were determining if humans had the best genetic diversity.
It was a Collector/Reaper experiment.

Preserving life in Reaper form also is perfect, non-apocryphal, reason.
Stupid, but internally consistent logic.

bandit__74 posted...
In that ending, you were given a choice: Sacrifice Humanity to save the galaxy or destroy the reapers and find another solution. That would've been infinitely preferable to the the "control" or ugh, "synthesis" options. I doubt if any ending would've been satisfactory entirely, but the one we got was a let down on several levels.

I agree with you that no ending would have satisfied everyone. You would always, always have some group of the fanbase calling "total BS".

As far as "Sacrifice Humanity" or "Look for another solution".
I understand that, but I still think that it is butternuts stupid.

"No... we're not evil... there is this evil space-magic we could have told you about, but didn't because... no reason... you couldn't understand."

I'm sorry, but from the Reaper's point of view, it makes a lot more sense that they would think something along the lines of "Everyone's fighting, but no one would fight if everyone was Reapers, like us!".
#132Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 9:36:11 AM
Stanger5150 posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Speaking as in Independent, whenever I hear Republicans blaming the "Liberal Agenda" for everything, it just makes them sounds like a bunch of nuts, to me.

I was impressed that for all three Mass Effect games, how good the character development was.
Never was a character's sexuality, race, gender, or species, their sole defining characteristic.

This. Samantha doesn't even tell Male Shepard she is gay until he tries to hit on her. Before that, she just displays an attraction to EDI's voice.

Thank you.
I agree.
Never was that aspect of the character EVER "shoved in your face" as Cyanide said.
cyanide_suicide posted...
...shoving gay/colored people in your face...
#133Papi010Posted 7/21/2014 9:40:16 AM
I played the mass effect series twice in a month. Never done that with any game let alone a series. Would love to see it on Wii U.
#134Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 10:43:51 AM
Papi010 posted...
I played the mass effect series twice in a month. Never done that with any game let alone a series. Would love to see it on Wii U.

Now that's love.
#135Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:44:54 AM
*bump*
#136bandit__74Posted 7/21/2014 12:49:33 PM
@Ghost

Yes, I was being sarcastic to illustrate a point. The rationale for the ending was terrible. If anything, wouldn't it make more sense for the reapers to come around and destroy the synthetics rather than harvesting organics? If their goal was to preserve organic life, as they claim, then wouldn't eliminating the synthetic threat be a much, much more reasonable way to go about that?

Ok, Human reaper. But why? I understand the reason for harvesting humans in the confined scope of ME2, that's self-explanatory. But how does it fit in to the overall story arc? It doesn't. Why do they want to make a human reaper? It doesn't fit because they cut out that ending and left the threads hanging.

As far as your point about the Reaper's perspective, that's not what they're doing. They come by every 50K years to eliminate synthetic life and save organic life from its creation (same as the space magic reason, why would this be too difficult to explain?). They don't care about making everyone like them or there would no longer be organic life. The whole cycle system was put in place to safeguard against the synthetic threat. The game makes it very clear that the cycle repeats every time and that the synthetics are a threat to wipe out organic life. The reaper cycle is a failsafe to protect organic life. So if that is the case, then why don't the reapers simply wipe out the SYNTHETICS since they're the threat? This concept makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I really enjoyed these games. But ME3 was a train wreck story wise, particularly the ending.
#137maizemaizePosted 7/21/2014 1:04:14 PM
No.
Except EA releases 4 in 1 pack featuring Mass Effects 1 to 4.
Bayonetta did it, why can't Mass Effect?
#138Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:04:54 PM
bandit__74 posted...
@Ghost

Yes, I was being sarcastic to illustrate a point. The rationale for the ending was terrible. If anything, wouldn't it make more sense for the reapers to come around and destroy the synthetics rather than harvesting organics? If their goal was to preserve organic life, as they claim, then wouldn't eliminating the synthetic threat be a much, much more reasonable way to go about that?

Ok, Human reaper. But why? I understand the reason for harvesting humans in the confined scope of ME2, that's self-explanatory. But how does it fit in to the overall story arc? It doesn't. Why do they want to make a human reaper? It doesn't fit because they cut out that ending and left the threads hanging.

As far as your point about the Reaper's perspective, that's not what they're doing. They come by every 50K years to eliminate synthetic life and save organic life from its creation (same as the space magic reason, why would this be too difficult to explain?). They don't care about making everyone like them or there would no longer be organic life. The whole cycle system was put in place to safeguard against the synthetic threat. The game makes it very clear that the cycle repeats every time and that the synthetics are a threat to wipe out organic life. The reaper cycle is a failsafe to protect organic life. So if that is the case, then why don't the reapers simply wipe out the SYNTHETICS since they're the threat? This concept makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I really enjoyed these games. But ME3 was a train wreck story wise, particularly the ending.

So, in a nut-shell;
Why didn't Sovereign explain when asked?
Why do they want to make a Human Reaper?
Why don't they just destroy all Synthetics?

Sovereign didn't explain because organics always reject this "solution".
The Catalyst even explains at the end, that its original creators had also objected to being turned into Reapers.
This is why the Reapers always refuse to explain what they are doing and why.

Why create a human reaper?
First, reproduction is reason in and of itself for all life.
Second, it is viewed by the AI (the Catalyst) as a viable solution to the preservation of life.
Third, it makes way for new life, and new civilizations. (also explained by the Catalyst)

Why not just destroy all Synthetics?
This is a solution offered to you as... a solution. It is viable. Just not the best solution, from a Synthetic POV.
The AI (Catalyst) was also convinced that destroying Synthetics was barely even a temporary solution.
Stating that "the peace won't last, soon your children will create synthetics".

It brings Order today, but Chaos will just return tomorrow. It's not 'good enough'.

I think that is reason enough, but if you wanted to go further, I would presume that eventually, organics would be able to create synthetics even more advance than the Reapers.
Unless the Reapers stopped the organics from advancing, but you can't do that without wiping a few civilizations out from time to time.

The beauty of how the Reapers have things set up now, is that their technology, the Mass Relays, and Citadel, are the most advanced things in the galaxy.
It allows them a monopoly. All civilizations advance along those lines, in the ways that the Catalyst wants, ...until... civilization surpasses that.
They have to be harvested before that point, before the point that the civilizations are able to just KILL the REAPERS.
After that point, any solution that the Reapers offer is no longer a valid solution.

The reason that the Reapers invaded so late in this cycle was thanks to the Protheans. (explained in ME1)
#139Cyrax2286Posted 7/21/2014 6:30:37 PM
maizemaize posted...
No.
Except EA releases 4 in 1 pack featuring Mass Effects 1 to 4.
Bayonetta did it, why can't Mass Effect?

Because porting 2 games cost the same as porting 4 games(and multiple DLCs), and because PG is paying for both Bayo games to be ported, its clearly the same. :S
#140Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 5:28:32 AM
I absolutely believe that the ending could have been better,
but I hate it when people go saying it was "full of plot holes"
when everything can be throughly explained like what I have done through my last several posts.