Will you buy Mass Effect 4 if it's on Wii U?

#21Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 3:35:38 PM
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
I hope they make an actual new KOTOR and that the MMO isn't the last game in the series.

Oh right, they have an MMO.
Is that still going?
I don't care for MMOs.
I also hope that they make a new game.
#22Neonwarrior1243Posted 7/18/2014 3:41:21 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Neonwarrior1243 posted...
I hope they make an actual new KOTOR and that the MMO isn't the last game in the series.

Oh right, they have an MMO.
Is that still going?
I don't care for MMOs.
I also hope that they make a new game.

It went free 2 play since it was dying, I'm not sure if it is still dying or not though but it isn't dead yet.
#23dantheengineerPosted 7/18/2014 3:42:49 PM
With how bad Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 were, I might not be buying Mass Effect 4 at all (or Dragon Age Inquisition)

A shame since ME1 and ME2 are two of my favorite games last Gen.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#24Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 3:46:30 PM
dantheengineer posted...
With how bad Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2 were, I might not be buying Mass Effect 4 at all (or Dragon Age Inquisition)

Just asking, what didn't you like about Mass Effect 3?
#25RolanberryPosted 7/18/2014 3:51:51 PM
its probably not coming to Wii U, but I'd buy it for it. Though I do own Mass Effect for every system it is available for...I have a problem.

also, KOTOR!
#26dantheengineerPosted 7/18/2014 3:54:24 PM
dantheengineer posted...

Just asking, what didn't you like about Mass Effect 3?

ME1 was a great RPG with third person shooting gameplay. A little rough around the edges, but lots of potential.

ME2 fine tuned and focused a bit more on the shooting while reducing the RPG elements, but was still a great game.

ME3 was a full on shooter with some RPG elements. It scrapped most of what made ME great and became another shooter like all of the others out there, and I felt that the quality was a step down from ME2.

That's the main issue.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#27SS4_NamreppivPosted 7/18/2014 3:57:41 PM
EA hasn't made sense in ages. There are legitimate reasons as to why they were voted worst company....
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#28NintendoLover25Posted 7/18/2014 4:00:23 PM
1 and 2 aren't on Nintendo systems, so even if I was interested in trying the series I wouldn't want to be joining late especially since it's a heavily story based series.
#29docman864Posted 7/18/2014 4:01:18 PM
docman864 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
No chance. No way this game would come to WiiU as it's not in development for PS360. Also, why would anyone buy it if it's available for other systems, same as any other multiplat...?

Because, maybe you have a Wii U, and not a PS4/X1.

if you save up by not buying the game on WiiU, then you are just a few hundreds away from getting a PS4. Save up some more and you have the definitive edition of Mass Effect.

Only a few hundred you say?
Makes you wonder why anyone would ever buy a multiplatform game on the Wii U in the first place.

But hypothetically, let's say I didn't like Sony or Microsoft.
I could buy it on PC, but EA only publishes on Origin now, so that's out-of-the-question.
That would just leave me with the Wii U.

Or, another hypothetical situation, I don't have HUNDREDS of dollars to spend on a second system, just to get the best version of a game.

Don't buy. Simple as that. What I'm trying to say is that you are limiting yourself to some degree. I understand your fear of not liking one console, but I guess what you can do is wait for some kind of price drop. IMO, I simply don't see the point of playing a game that is downgraded, especially when you see how much a game costs (50 dollars for a downgrade vs 60 dollars for definitive console version). PC is pretty much the best option to go since it's usually cheaper than console games.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#30Megamushroom666Posted 7/18/2014 4:05:09 PM
Nope, I'm just not into this series.
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY