Will you buy Mass Effect 4 if it's on Wii U?

#31Dark_AbaddonPosted 7/18/2014 4:07:17 PM
I'd buy it, provided EA didn't intentionally gimp it in some way...
---
3DS: 1633-4342-9490 (Ivysaur, Tangela, Quilladin) (Caine @ Corona)
NNID: HardCor PM me if you add me for friend safari
#32JobocanPosted 7/18/2014 4:08:45 PM
Mass Effect has sucked since 2. So no.

Hey, let's take this RPG with shooter elements and just make it a plain old bad cover-based shooter with dating sim elements!
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#33Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:16:19 PM
dantheengineer posted...

ME1 was a great RPG with third person shooting gameplay. A little rough around the edges, but lots of potential.

ME2 fine tuned and focused a bit more on the shooting while reducing the RPG elements, but was still a great game.

ME3 was a full on shooter with some RPG elements. It scrapped most of what made ME great and became another shooter like all of the others out there, and I felt that the quality was a step down from ME2.

That's the main issue.

I see what you mean.
I think that is largely because they were trying to tie everything together in a neat bow.

In-other-words, the first two are expanding the possible paths, choices, and characters, while introducing the politics of this universe, but for the third one, it's the opposite.
They needed to funnel everything into one path, one resolution.
I couldn't help but notice that instead of exploring the galaxy and finding out more, it was instead about closure, on characters and politics (Krogan and the Genophage, Quarians and the Geth, ect.)

Myself, I was fine with that, but that's also because that was what I expected.

I liked the shooting mechanics in the third the best, but I agree with you, it would have been better with a lot less of that.
They stuffed the game with it as padding.
I think it would have been a very short (but better) game if they just stuck with stuff relevant to the story.
(again, closure on characters and politics)
Plus Reputation was improved, but you still had to grind in order to make the choices you wanted.
#34Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:19:43 PM
SS4_Namreppiv posted...
EA hasn't made sense in ages. There are legitimate reasons as to why they were voted worst company....

Yes, yes. Everyone agrees with you.

Myself, I'm not going to boycott a good game, just because the publisher is evil.
#35dantheengineerPosted 7/18/2014 4:25:43 PM
In-other-words, the first two are expanding the possible paths, choices, and characters, while introducing the politics of this universe, but for the third one, it's the opposite.
They needed to funnel everything into one path, oneresolution.

I would agree with that and be OK with that in this one instance if it wasn't obvious by the progression of Bioware's work that this is the direction they are going as a developer.

I have no faith that their next games will be a return to form, but I sincerely hope that I am completely wrong.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#36ArabrockermanXPosted 7/18/2014 4:32:42 PM
Didn't buy it for ps3, one of the most overrated games of last gen, and its fanbase is ****ing annoying.
#37JJH777Posted 7/18/2014 4:37:58 PM
I will never buy another bioware game unless the entire current staff is fired.
---
9/2/13-The Hero of GameFAQs fought bravely but fell to an unrelenting horde supported by a corrupt tyranny.
R.I.P. Hero of Time, 7 time CB Champion, Link
#38Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:53:14 PM
That's basically the question I was asking everyone, if they have faith in ME4.

IDK, KOTOR was good, KOTOR2 was even better IMO.
Never tried the MMO, not my cup of tea.
ME1 > KOTOR2
ME2 > ME1
ME3 I count as closure to Shepard's story, which I had expected, and funny enough, enjoyed.

ME2 is Bioware best work IMO, but I actually like ME3 better than ME1.
LET ME EXPLAIN!

ME1 bogs you down in exposition, of the history, of the races, of the politics.
Which is needed for you to understand the series, but it's "Listen" not "Choose".
Nothing you choose even affects anything until the very end.

ME3 directly gave you the holy power to choose how you wanted to impact all of the galactic politics.
Do you cure the Genophage? Do you lie about it to the Krogans? Do you side with the Salarians?
Do you help the Quarians, or the Geth? Do you respect Legion as true life? Do you manage to broker peace?

Those being the biggest ones that stuck in my mind.
I also know that a lot of people hated the ending (a lack of a final battle) and being a huge multiple choice question.
But for me, that was perfect, the whole series is nothing but multiple choice questions, and a final boss, regardless of what it was, would have only diminished the game, setting it purely as an action game.
Think about it, role-playing is multiple choice, final bosses are for action games.
#39Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 4:55:20 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
Didn't buy it for ps3, one of the most overrated games of last gen, and its fanbase is ****ing annoying.

Have you ever played one?
Otherwise, who are you to judge?

JJH777 posted...
I will never buy another bioware game unless the entire current staff is fired.

That's kind of extreme.
wow
#40Cyrax2286Posted 7/18/2014 5:07:22 PM
considering ME3 sold poorly on the Wii U, and 2nd EA giving up on supporting the Wii U, the chances of ME4 being ported to the Wii U are slim to none.