Nintendo Acheivements! Mario Kart 8, 3D World, Tropical Freeze

#21DeathSoul2000Posted 7/23/2014 3:43:58 PM
CircleOfManias posted...
I'm impressed. Not a single one of those is even remotely creative. Normally there's one or two that are interesting, but you managed to create the dullest possible list. That's one hell of an accomplishment.

Maybe he should consider applying for a job at EA.
#22FredSavage27Posted 7/23/2014 5:30:33 PM(edited)
Granadico_ posted...
I don' tmean to crap on your effort, but this is exactly what's wrong with achievements. All these things are "achieved" simply by playing the friggin game. That's not an achievement, that's barely an accomplishment, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. The ones i didn't copy are real achievements that take a lot of skill, effort, determination, etc. You shouldn't get an achievement for beating the game, that's what you bought the game for. That's like someone congratulating you on finishing a test in school. its going to happen regardless

Why not have both? I hate when I finish a game, but the Achievement list makes it look like I barely touched it.
#23ZeroArcheryPosted 7/23/2014 5:31:57 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
Why not have both? I hate when I finish a game, but the Achievement list makes it look like I barely touched it.

Lol right?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#24powerclaw1Posted 7/23/2014 5:39:59 PM
We need to think of witty names for these achievements.

You know, Just For Pun.
---
When life throws you a curveball, throw it back with maximum force.
#25The ChadPosted 7/23/2014 6:21:04 PM
powerclaw1 posted...
We need to think of witty names for these achievements.

You know, Just For Pun.

You're on! This topic and all of the lists contained therein were disappointing.

"Lights, camera, traction!" - Upload a video to Youtube.

Someone go next!
#26Granadico_Posted 7/23/2014 6:49:25 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
Granadico_ posted...
I don' tmean to crap on your effort, but this is exactly what's wrong with achievements. All these things are "achieved" simply by playing the friggin game. That's not an achievement, that's barely an accomplishment, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing. The ones i didn't copy are real achievements that take a lot of skill, effort, determination, etc. You shouldn't get an achievement for beating the game, that's what you bought the game for. That's like someone congratulating you on finishing a test in school. its going to happen regardless

Because its not much of an accomplishment. You bought the game to play it and most likely beat the story, so you're essenially being congratulated on doing something you'd intend to do regardless.
Its the same logic of "everyone gets a trophy for playing" BS. It just inspires mediocrity and a false sense of accomplishment.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#27vattodevPosted 7/23/2014 7:26:43 PM
LifelessBoy posted...
Bro, you should've known this board despises achievements. The mention of them causes massive angst yo.

Even though they are a completely optional thing.

I don't hate achievements. Many WiiU games have it. What I don't like is that people think that Nintendo HAD to implement a system wide achievement system for the Wii U to be a good gaming system, which seems pretty pointless. I'd rather have a screenshot on my profile showing what I did (like I do with Miiverse) than a system telling me that I did something fun.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121