Why are people getting so buttmad over Fatal Frame?

#21Karinui(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2014 10:39:26 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#22ElectricMolePosted 7/18/2014 10:39:41 PM
thats the same thing tc would say about Xenoblade.

we all know how that turned out
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#23Shad0wg00nPosted 7/18/2014 10:42:16 PM
AstralFrost posted...
But I thought region lock never caused any issues?

At any rate, I only speak English, so I need subs at least. You have to be pretty hardcore to want to import a copy in Japanese unless you understand the language fluently. Exceptions for dialogue and story-light games.
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
Fans never care when they don't get any of the big name AAA games so I'm not sure why they would care for a niche title.

Seriously speaking though its probably because gamers tend to want more selection if its available.

it's niche because you don't have the balls to play them.

Its niche because it has a small fan base. They love them, but these types of horror games rarely sell much these days.

which proves my point, gamers don't have the balls to play horror games. Scary games are no longer scary because people too scared. Instead we got gamers who love shooting with their AAA dudebros all day.

You're not helping the game be brought overseas, and at any rate, I personally love FPS' as well. Ironically I'm probably less "weeb" than the OP. I don't even watch anime.
---
Respectful noob of Dark Aether
#24docman864Posted 7/18/2014 10:49:43 PM(edited)
Karinui posted...
docman864 posted...
When was the last time we played some good old horror game? I really don't recall many games.

You haven't played many horror games then, you f*****y casual.

casual? Then why are you whining about people being buttmad about Fatal Frame? You saying Fatal Frame is for casuals? I've played plenty "good" horror games.....but most of them are not AAA from what I recall.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#25Felix_XIPosted 7/18/2014 10:44:47 PM
Why do you care if they're mad TC? You think they're gonna cause global riot?
#26docman864Posted 7/18/2014 10:55:15 PM(edited)
@Shad0wg00n

I'm just disgusted when people throw AAA like it means a damn thing.

As for TC, I don't think he is here to reason. Defines FF as weeb horror game, but tells us we should look forward for other weeb games. Does that make any sense?
---
#27king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 10:57:22 PM
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
Fans never care when they don't get any of the big name AAA games so I'm not sure why they would care for a niche title.

Seriously speaking though its probably because gamers tend to want more selection if its available.

Its niche because it has a small fan base. They love them, but these types of horror games rarely sell much these days.

which proves my point, gamers don't have the balls to play horror games. Scary games are no longer scary because people too scared. Instead we got gamers who love shooting with their AAA dudebros all day.

we got gamers who love a lot of games...people dont seem to like what im assuming is one of your favorite genres all that much, tough.

check out outlast, that one was ok. (i dont think many of them are ever all that great)
#28star_guy_100Posted 7/18/2014 11:00:00 PM
Karinui posted...
It's just some f***ing weeb horror game, it's not a tragedy if it doesn't come to the US. At least we can look forward to Bayonetta 2, Hyrule Warriors, and Super Smash Bros. Wii U.

well firstly, pick out a series you love that nintendo owns. youve been a big fan of this series for a long time, and all of a sudden nintendo decides they are going to keep making games in your favorite series, but they arent bringing any of the games to the region you are, so you can never play them. you probably would not be too happy.

secondly, for a more objective reason, wii u needs games desperately. rather then the 1 big game that will save the wii u, what nintendo really needs to do to save it is release a lot of high quality games, making the library more impressive and giving people more of a reason to look into it. this is especially important for gamers who are thinking about the wii u but not really into mario or zelda. they need a strong library with a variety of games so people will want to buy the system.
#29docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:03:54 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...

we got gamers who love a lot of games...people dont seem to like what im assuming is one of your favorite genres all that much, tough.

check out outlast, that one was ok. (i dont think many of them are ever all that great)

So you want to go ahead and deny how games like RE2 and Dead Space sold so well in the past? I don't even....

Yup, keep kissing on those AAA of yours.
---
#30king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:05:50 PM
and sales of games that came out 5+ years ago means what for what kind of games gamers want today?

also RE and dead space are different types of games than what fatal frame is.