Why are people getting so buttmad over Fatal Frame?

#31docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:07:43 PM
king_madden posted...
and sales of games that came out 5+ years ago means what for what kind of games gamers want today?

also RE and dead space are different types of games than what fatal frame is.

HUH?!!!!!! LOL
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#32king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:10:37 PM
well yes, in 2 of those you are given a gun and while ammo may be limited they tend to have vastly more shooting than a fatal frame.

now back to my first question, what do sales of games made 5+ years ago have to do with how people feel about the games now?
#33biorock4864Posted 7/18/2014 11:19:43 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#34docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:24:00 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
well yes, in 2 of those you are given a gun and while ammo may be limited they tend to have vastly more shooting than a fatal frame.

now back to my first question, what do sales of games made 5+ years ago have to do with how people feel about the games now?

it's the same way people view about women in video games. You want big boobs, companies give you ladies with bigger boobs. You want more action? They give you more action. You want less fear? They give you less fear. You want less challenge? They give you less challenge. You want a gun? You want more bullets with that? Graphics? Ok, give you AAA. The fact that everything goes our way makes things less fun. So I guess everyone would be happy if we can throw hadokens with the press of a button because down forward + punch is so out.
---
#35Snow-DustPosted 7/18/2014 11:22:51 PM
So it's a game coming out for Wii U and we are not allowed to be excited? where is the logic in that? and TC's ridiculous troll logic thinks just because there are better games, we cant have more games for the system.

TC, you can look forward to whatever you want during the time but I prefer to have something to play as well while waiting in case you havent thought of something like that
#36king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:23:26 PM
ok so you agree with my initial comment that people just dont like the survival horror genre as much anymore.
#37docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:36:04 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
ok so you agree with my initial comment that people just dont like the survival horror genre as much anymore.

No, I disagree your way of throwing AAA like it means a damn thing. You are trying to make a point that no one loves survival horror games "anymore" and using AAA of today to prove it, which it's stupid! And why?! because no one cares. We simply let COD do its thing, no one cares because people still buy them, so what do companies do?!! They copy each other because companies all want a piece of the pie right?! Right?! Yes, let's keep pretending everything is right. WE LOVE WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT THERE BECAUSE THEY F***IN* UNDERSTAND WHAT WE WANT. LIFE IS THAT SIMPLE. WE WANT NO HORROR, WHO PLAYS THAT S***?
---
#38king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:41:37 PM(edited)
lol oh i see the issue, you missed what i was saying completely. I mentioned AAA just to point out how nintendo fans dont care when they dont get big games, but turn around and act like not getting the niche game is a bigger deal. apparently you have some personal deep hatred for AAA but thats irrelevant and it was just used for a comparison.

im not using AAA to prove people dont care for survival horror as much as they use to, im using sales to prove that.

as for your rant there, its pretty much true. a few devs will still branch out and make different genres, but why invest so much for a genre thats had dwindling sales? its your job to make a good game, that will make you a profit, and you ahve a better chance of doing that making it in a genre that people buy as oppose to making one the minority buys.
#39demesjos2Posted 7/18/2014 11:40:16 PM
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...

No, I disagree your way of throwing AAA like it means a damn thing. You are trying to make a point that no one loves survival horror games "anymore" and using AAA of today to prove it, which it's stupid! And why?! because no one cares. We simply let COD do its thing, no one cares because people still buy them, so what do companies do?!! They copy each other because companies all want a piece of the pie right?! Right?! Yes, let's keep pretending everything is right. WE LOVE WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT THERE BECAUSE THEY F***IN* UNDERSTAND WHAT WE WANT. LIFE IS THAT SIMPLE. WE WANT NO HORROR, WHO PLAYS THAT S***?

His point that the genre is niche. It's not that hard to understand. No reason to continue to act all defensive about it. Guess what lots of games are becoming niche genres any more.
#40king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:42:15 PM
demesjos2 posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...

His point that the genre is niche. It's not that hard to understand. No reason to continue to act all defensive about it. Guess what lots of games are becoming niche genres any more.