Why are people getting so buttmad over Fatal Frame?

#41lordofthenlpplePosted 7/18/2014 11:42:39 PM
So sad that no one wants the game...hehe
---
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#42docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:44:04 PM
demesjos2 posted...
docman864 posted...
king_madden posted...
ok so you agree with my initial comment that people just dont like the survival horror genre as much anymore.

No, I disagree your way of throwing AAA like it means a damn thing. You are trying to make a point that no one loves survival horror games "anymore" and using AAA of today to prove it, which it's stupid! And why?! because no one cares. We simply let COD do its thing, no one cares because people still buy them, so what do companies do?!! They copy each other because companies all want a piece of the pie right?! Right?! Yes, let's keep pretending everything is right. WE LOVE WHAT THEY ARE PUTTING OUT THERE BECAUSE THEY F***IN* UNDERSTAND WHAT WE WANT. LIFE IS THAT SIMPLE. WE WANT NO HORROR, WHO PLAYS THAT S***?

His point that the genre is niche. It's not that hard to understand. No reason to continue to act all defensive about it. Guess what lots of games are becoming niche genres any more.

so we are not allowed to share our desires for these niche titles because they are better off dead because no one cares? Then why was this topic created in the first place? To make us feel less pain?
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#43demesjos2Posted 7/18/2014 11:46:31 PM
No there are ways to actually present your desire for more survival horror games in a competent manor instead of acting like an immature kid. Guess what I love rpgs and they have been on the decline for years. I'm not flying off the handle every time someone insults them.
#44king_maddenPosted 7/18/2014 11:47:36 PM(edited)
smh your emotions are making you miss whats obviously being said. all people here are saying is that its a niche genre, and most people arent talking or caring about it, because most of them dont want it.

you can complain all you want, and care all you want, just dont expect a large following. there are a few games i liked that didnt sell well, or are just niche titles, but i dont go around crying about how much of an injustice it is. I understand people arent going to love what i like and vice versa, just deal with it.
#45docman864Posted 7/18/2014 11:50:17 PM
I will stick with "no balls" even if you find that childish.
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#46ElectricMolePosted 7/19/2014 12:02:37 AM
every game made by nintendo in Japan is by definition a "weeb" game. why single out Fatal Frame like its the only one?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#47Karinui(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 12:02:39 AM
king_madden posted...
and sales of games that came out 5+ years ago means what for what kind of games gamers want today?

also RE and dead space are different types of games than what fatal frame is.

Nobody cares about actual horror games in the West. The market just wants third-person shooters with edgy monsters.
---
The flower carries a load of lies.
#48Snow-DustPosted 7/19/2014 1:02:51 AM
Karinui posted...
king_madden posted...
and sales of games that came out 5+ years ago means what for what kind of games gamers want today?

also RE and dead space are different types of games than what fatal frame is.

Nobody cares about actual horror games in the West. The market just wants third-person shooters with edgy monsters.

What kind of statement is that? Crawl back under the bridge in which you spawn from
#49VideoGameXVPosted 7/19/2014 2:08:59 AM
We want it because it's one of the few horror games that isn't (another) indie title as well as it being one of the few third-party exclusive games (though is technically co-owned by Nintendo but Tecmo Koei still own the majority of the IP).
Plus it adds to the small list of niche mature third-party exclusive titles for Wii U with the others being Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third, I'm really liking this small collection of interesting and cool little titles which proabley in reality wouldn't do so well on other systems as they'd have to compete with all the other first and third party titles which are significantly bigger where as on Wii U they only have to compete with Nintendo's own offerings which haven't exactly been constant plus it shows Nintendo systems do have games aimed at older audiences.
#50Master AlienPosted 7/19/2014 4:11:06 AM
docman864 posted...
I will stick with "no balls" even if you find that childish.

Yes everything you have posted thus far screams "I am a whiny out-of-touch child" It has nothing to do with them being too scary or w/e you are trying to claim since they arent any more scary than the average scary movie and that is one of the most popular movie genres today and even moreso all time

Maybe more people feel like me, that most horror survival games aren't very scary at all and when you take that away the games are pretty shallow gameplay/story wise