The Wii U VC is painfully bad, and Nintendo should be working harder to fix it.

#1SolnotPosted 7/19/2014 1:40:14 AM
I'm a huge fan of Nintendo, but I think we should raise our voices to try and get things fixed with the system that are blatantly bad. If we fight to get things improved, it can only be good for the Wii U and for those of us who love Nintendo games. For example, here's some things about the Wii U Virtual Console that Nintendo needs to improve on:

- Terrible selection, mostly unremarkable NES games and a few good SNES games. It needs massive amounts of additions including N64, Gamecube and Wii titles, as well as many other consoles.

- Poor organization. The Virtual Console deserves a well organized, logical shop of its own with lots to choose from.

- Have to access Wii backwards compatibility mode to access my old VC games, should be a unified account that I can log into on the Wii U eshop and download my files from.

- The prices are just as expensive on the Wii U as they were on the Wii. By Nintendo's own logic with the original Wii pricing, each generation should be cheaper now.

- Overall prices should be MUCH cheaper. NES games should be $1-2, SNES should be < $4. I would buy tons of SNES games if they were cheaper.
#2Baha05Posted 7/19/2014 1:43:04 AM
Blah blah tired old complaints. The only thing I think they need to do is have a more varied pricing depending on the game, cross download, and improve how many VC come out each new eShop update.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#3MercuryEnigmaPosted 7/19/2014 1:43:43 AM
Pricing is fine. The only thing that really needs to be done is the selection. It's ridiculous that we get about 1-2 games a week, if that. They need to do a massive upload and get at least their selection from the Wii VC up on the WiiU VC. It's crazy to me that they didn't have this day 1.
---
3DS FC: 1977-0634-7753
Not changing my sig until LostWinds gets a third installment.
#4anisutatalinPosted 7/19/2014 1:47:19 AM
Lol, Nintendo doesn't even have cross download like Sony does! Bought a NES game on your 3DS and want to play it on your wii u? Too bad, hahaha!
#5Baha05Posted 7/19/2014 1:52:39 AM(edited)
anisutatalin posted...
Lol, Nintendo doesn't even have cross download like Sony does! Bought a NES game on your 3DS and want to play it on your wii u? Too bad, hahaha!

Honest Sony's cross download is also as goofy in any ways, does not help the Vita's content manager just sucks.

MercuryEnigma posted...
Pricing is fine. The only thing that really needs to be done is the selection. It's ridiculous that we get about 1-2 games a week, if that. They need to do a massive upload and get at least their selection from the Wii VC up on the WiiU VC. It's crazy to me that they didn't have this day 1.

Half agree on pricing, while I think the range is fine they need to take their use of the Portable VC's pricing into play as you see more variation on prices.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#6anisutatalinPosted 7/19/2014 1:53:15 AM
Baha05 posted...
Honest Sony's cross download is also as goofy in any ways, does not help the Vita's content manager just sucks.

At least you can download your PS1 games on either system without having to pay for it twice
#7CubeTVPosted 7/19/2014 2:00:58 AM(edited)
MercuryEnigma posted...
It's crazy to me that they didn't have this day 1.

This. Doesn't help that the 3DS has (except for 5) all the DSiWare for both download and play. Here's the deal breaker, though: They are also on your NNID unlike the games on the Wii Shop.

Solnot posted...
- Have to access Wii backwards compatibility mode to access my old VC games, should be a unified account that I can log into on the Wii U eshop and download my files from.

This, again, 3DS does it better. You don't see people having to buy a old DSi just to access their DSi games on the 3DS. This wouldn't be too much of a problem if the Wii U Pro Controller worked in the Wii menu as a Wii Classic Controller. It has the same buttons and is even labeled as a original Wii item on the Wii U itself.

Also, don't forget "quicker releases". Wouldn't be a problem if it wasn't on Wii VC "upgrades".

anisutatalin posted...
Baha05 posted...

I'm actually fine with $5 per NES game, the problem is lack of cross buy for those of us who own both Wii U/3DS, it quickly adds up and for 10 games already makes $100! For someone like me with OCD about needing to make sure I own it on both, it becomes a big problem.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#8Baha05Posted 7/19/2014 1:55:00 AM
anisutatalin posted...
At least you can download your PS1 games on either system without having to pay for it twice

Ehhh kinda, but again limited in scope still (Spyro and Crash are not cross download titles for one thing)

And really the only things you double dip are the NES titles which to be honest aren't really worth much the trouble anyhow for the bulk.
---
#9DeathSoul2000Posted 7/19/2014 1:57:00 AM
anisutatalin posted...

lmplying you'd want to play a nes game on the TV in this day and age.
#10king_maddenPosted 7/19/2014 1:57:16 AM
Baha05 posted...
anisutatalin posted...

MercuryEnigma posted...

Half agree on pricing, while I think the range is fine they need to take their use of the Portable VC's pricing into play as you see more variation on prices.

ive seen a couple people here say that before, whats the issue with it? seems fine to me, but im known to not care about things i find minor.