The Wii U VC is painfully bad, and Nintendo should be working harder to fix it.

#11tompound90Posted 7/19/2014 12:59:44 AM
I agree with tc, it's frustrating having to wait for games to be drip fed and I still can't believe they haven't put up n64 games.

The only logical reason I can imagine that Nintendo does this is that they don't want to draw sales away from new Wii U titles.
---
PSN
grey54321
#12Baha05Posted 7/19/2014 1:02:58 AM
king_madden posted...
ive seen a couple people here say that before, whats the issue with it? seems fine to me, but im known to not care about things i find minor.

Well for me I have a PS3 (The old 700 near launch model) and the Vita (Borderlands 2 Slim, which I still need to get because Sony goofed on my repair and sent me a 3G)

When interacting with the PS3 via the USB cable some things are just notoriously inconsistent and bad. Like if I has a PSOne Classic game in both bubble and download on my PS3 I am sometimes able to move it to my Vita, but other times not. Like FFIX would not transfer to my Vita from my PS3, I had to manually download it on my Vita via PSN. Plus (This might be the PS3 or something) moving certain things of data on both systems is a pain in the ass. Cannot get my FFIX save file that I had on my PSP for some jacked up reason.

It's just overall a big hassle to even use content manager.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#13ManocheesePosted 7/19/2014 1:06:29 AM
The worst thing about it is that you can't use a Pro controller for a lot of games. I'm sure Nintendo could fix that if they wanted to.
---
()_() Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
(o.o) http://manocheese.googlepages.com/manocheesery
#14king_maddenPosted 7/19/2014 1:08:35 AM
Baha05 posted...
king_madden posted...
ive seen a couple people here say that before, whats the issue with it? seems fine to me, but im known to not care about things i find minor.

Well for me I have a PS3 (The old 700 near launch model) and the Vita (Borderlands 2 Slim, which I still need to get because Sony goofed on my repair and sent me a 3G)

When interacting with the PS3 via the USB cable some things are just notoriously inconsistent and bad. Like if I has a PSOne Classic game in both bubble and download on my PS3 I am sometimes able to move it to my Vita, but other times not. Like FFIX would not transfer to my Vita from my PS3, I had to manually download it on my Vita via PSN. Plus (This might be the PS3 or something) moving certain things of data on both systems is a pain in the ass. Cannot get my FFIX save file that I had on my PSP for some jacked up reason.

It's just overall a big hassle to even use content manager.

ah ok got ya, its been a while since i used the usb cable to transfer anything between the 2, I think i remember it sucking a while ago though, and now i just use wifi for everything and just download straight to the vita.
#15Baha05Posted 7/19/2014 1:10:32 AM
king_madden posted...
ah ok got ya, its been a while since i used the usb cable to transfer anything between the 2, I think i remember it sucking a while ago though, and now i just use wifi for everything and just download straight to the vita.

Yeah never bothered with trying the wifi, I think just knowing how it works via USB that I'm not going to bother with Wifi.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#16SBias73Posted 7/19/2014 1:38:26 AM
Nobody should be defending the Wii U VC, I don't care how big a fanboy you are. It's awesome we get GBA games, I love the filter. However.....

Where are the N64 games? Where are the SNES titles that are all over the Wii VC? Where is the filter for those, in fact why are those in a black box, the GBA games aren't. The NES games seem to be coming in fine. Again where is the filter? And again the black box?

Why are releases so sporadic? Where are the DS games? This system was in place on the Wii. It can't be ported over to the Wii U quickly and efficiently? They had been working on this machine 2 years before launch, and we are almost two years after launch. This shop should be flooded. No I can't defend the VC at all. It is really one of only three things that just irk me about this machine I wish would be fixed.

Maybe the guy above me a ways is right, they don't want us playing Mario 64, they want us playing NES Remix, and Shovel Knight?
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
#17RukumouruPosted 7/19/2014 3:23:08 AM
Sadly I agree with everything the OP said. The Virtual Console is horrible.

It has other problems, too: Forced bilinear filtering and low brightness in NES games.

They seriously need to learn a thing or two from the MegaDrive Classics on Steam and their configurable video filters. VC is worse than unofficial emulation, MegaDrive Classics are pretty close.
#18DrakkardnoirPosted 7/19/2014 3:28:09 AM
NoA is the worst. We still don't even have Super Mario Kart...
#19TrueBlue91Posted 7/19/2014 3:30:12 AM
Nintendo's Eshop is literally the single worst online store for any game console I have ever seen or even imagined. It's beyond being an absolute joke, even though Nintendo's the one sitting on a goldmine of classics. Stingy asswipes
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#20HellsControllerPosted 7/19/2014 5:25:52 AM
TrueBlue91 posted...
Nintendo's Eshop is literally the single worst online store for any game console I have ever seen or even imagined. It's beyond being an absolute joke, even though Nintendo's the one sitting on a goldmine of classics. Stingy asswipes

---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone