POLL: Best Game of the Year so far

#51tatsuya1221Posted 7/19/2014 11:23:04 AM
Bravely Default, which is sad since half of the game shouldn't exist.
---
One who does not learn from his mistakes, is doomed to repeat them.
#52General73Posted 7/19/2014 11:25:27 AM
Shovel Knight, by far, but with Dark Souls II close behind (even if it was a tad bit disappointing).

But by the end of the year? Assuming it comes out this year (as Edmund McMillen said it most likely would), probably The Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

*sarcasm* But then again, it's cancelled, so...
---
Pokemon X FC: 5284-1886-5902
Ground Type Safari w/ Marowak, Phanphy, Diggersby
#53NotAverageAsianPosted 7/19/2014 11:27:14 AM
I think south park is my goty. But seriously, this list had 2 professor Layton games and doesn't list shovel night, child of light, or divinity or transistor. Ffs Kirby is on this list, too Nintendo centric imo
#54Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/19/2014 11:33:59 AM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Other: P I K M I N 3

...oh right...
#55Groudon199Posted 7/19/2014 11:36:51 AM
I'll have to go with South Park: The Stick of Truth as my favorite so far this year.

I enjoyed Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy, but the fluctuating difficulty of the mandatory puzzles kinda threw me off. Although I liked Kirby: Triple Deluxe, it wasn't much different from other Kirby games. The Layton/Wright crossover isn't out in North America yet, and I'm still on the fence about Mario Kart 8.

The South Park game was something new. It felt a lot like an episode of the show, and I really liked the turn-based combat system. It's also one of the few M-rated games that I've actually played.
---
Replace "it's" with "it is". If it doesn't make sense, use "its".
Same idea with "your" and "you're".
#56DaLaggaPosted 7/19/2014 11:44:51 AM
VanderZoo posted...
Most people say it plays better on console because of the controller. And I agree, I played the demo on PC and on PS3, it just works so much better with a controller.

It plays more like an action game, you have better direct control over your character. And the 4 player offline co-op is awesome.

You should actually try playing it on the PS3, or read some reviews of it to understand how it plays (better).

Again, how do you manually target spells/abilities that are area specific with any degree of speed or precision with a controller? You can't. Heck, you can't even aim ranged attacks properly with a controller which is why the game makes heavy use of an aimbot on console. Sorry, but the game is dumbed down enough already. I wouldn't want to make it worse by trying to play it with a controller.
#57VanderZooPosted 7/19/2014 11:47:07 AM
DaLagga posted...
VanderZoo posted...
Most people say it plays better on console because of the controller. And I agree, I played the demo on PC and on PS3, it just works so much better with a controller.

It plays more like an action game, you have better direct control over your character. And the 4 player offline co-op is awesome.

You should actually try playing it on the PS3, or read some reviews of it to understand how it plays (better).

Again, how do you manually target spells/abilities that are area specific with any degree of speed or precision with a controller? You can't. Heck, you can't even aim ranged attacks properly with a controller which is why the game makes heavy use of an aimbot on console. Sorry, but the game is dumbed down enough already. I wouldn't want to make it worse by trying to play it with a controller.

That was an argument people made before the PS3 version actually came out. Just download the demo on PS3 if you have one and see for yourself, or watch gameplay clips or read reviews of the PS4 version.

Again, most people who have played it on PC and PS3 say it plays better with a controller. And I'm one of them, controller is definitely my choice when it comes to D3.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD
#58Dannyson97Posted 7/19/2014 11:49:58 AM
Donkey Kong because it's the only one I've played.
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers! http://gifstumblr.com/images/its-morphin-time_1472.gif
#59TalesRevenantPosted 7/19/2014 11:50:26 AM
As of now:

Infamous: Second Son
---
Nintendo Fanboy - One who obsesses over or worships Nintendo, like it was his God or Religion/Someone who defends Nintendo as if it was his girlfriend.
#60X_Ste_90_XPosted 7/19/2014 3:14:29 PM
CaliberChamp posted...
DK tropical freeze because its a more challengimg game than dark souls 2. But its hard difficulty is that of an unsung hero. Sad...

I'm not sure how you're comparing the level of challenge here? I don't think you can compare a precision platformer to a souls game in challenge. They're just too different, like comparing a tough game of Hearthstone to playing FIFA 14 on the hardest AI difficulty.

Surely?
---
Currently Playing- Transistor- PS4, Child of Light- PS4, SOTC HD- PS3, DBZ Budokai HD- PS3.
Currently Awaiting- Destiny- PS4, Diablo 3- PS4