Who else hopes Retro's unannounced title is...

#1yeti44Posted 7/20/2014 6:04:30 AM
...a sequel to Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze?

That game was honestly the best 2.5D platformer of all time. SNES got 3 DKC games. Why can't Wii U?
---
Nintendo stock 12,165. Sony stock 1,765
Nice guys finish last
#2game freakozoidPosted 7/20/2014 6:08:16 AM
While the SNES DKC games were released a year apart I'd rather there be a bit more distance between any Wii U ones. One of the best parts of sequels is seeing how much of an improvement the next iteration has over the original. I'd like them to make another game, advance their repertoire, get more used to the hardware, and then make a sequel.
#3NameBrandjPosted 7/20/2014 6:15:25 AM
I'd just rather see the original trilogy come back to the VC. There was so much hope there'd be an anniversary collection looks like not now.

I didn't own a Wii so I didn't get it when it was available. DKC ranks has my all time favorite SNES game just ahead of the 3 way tie of MMX, SMW, Illusion of Gaia
#4Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/20/2014 6:18:10 AM
*Says something fofensive against TC, gets banned by mods*
#5nonexistingheroPosted 7/20/2014 6:24:12 AM
Nintendo is working on 2 Metroid games, I think it's pretty likely that Retro is working on one of them.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6Crystal_DreamPosted 7/20/2014 6:28:17 AM
All this talk of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze makes me wonder if it's as good as everyone says... I only played the original on the SNES, but I did love it.
I do need more games on the Wii U, but I'm also saving money for future game releases... decision, decisions.
---
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
#7Shadowbird_RHPosted 7/20/2014 6:33:25 AM(edited)
DKCTF was good, but it's a bit too soon for a sequel. It'd be better if it was something else.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#8trenkenPosted 7/20/2014 6:35:36 AM
Hell no. I was bored of dktf by the 4th world. So repetitive.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#9Krambo42Posted 7/20/2014 6:36:37 AM
NameBrandj posted...
I'd just rather see the original trilogy come back to the VC. There was so much hope there'd be an anniversary collection looks like not now.

I didn't own a Wii so I didn't get it when it was available. DKC ranks has my all time favorite SNES game just ahead of the 3 way tie of MMX, SMW, Illusion of Gaia

Yeah, I'd rather see the originals come back to the VC too. I was always planning on getting them, but since I own them (the first two, anyway) on SNES I never made it a high priority, figuring I'd do it after getting some other stuff. Then they took 'em away without any warning! My SNES isn't even hooked up and it'd just be so much more convenient to have them on the VC. It really makes me mad that they aren't there anymore. I really wonder what happened. I'm still hoping for that anniversary collection, I guess.
#10trenkenPosted 7/20/2014 6:37:34 AM
Crystal_Dream posted...
All this talk of Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze makes me wonder if it's as good as everyone says... I only played the original on the SNES, but I did love it.
I do need more games on the Wii U, but I'm also saving money for future game releases... decision, decisions.

Youre on the wii u board and there are so few games coming out so everything gets more attention than it should.

From a 35 year old big time platformer fan, its ok. Its a solid platformer but its definitely a style over substance game. Its pretty shallow and so little gameplay variety. After you finish the first world youve basically seen the entire game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero