Pikmin 3 or Wind Waker HD?

#1CreeperKillerPosted 7/20/2014 12:17:48 PM
I've got the free game deal from MK8, and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding what game to get.

I've played a tiny bit of the first Pikmin game (Wii version), and from what I remember it was somewhat enjoyable.

I own Wind Waker on the Gamecube, but I haven't played much of it so I was wondering if the Wii U version is tons better.
#2theFAKEsheridanPosted 7/20/2014 12:18:42 PM
WW HD.
---
GameFAQs, where anyone who doesn't agree with you is a troll.
#3Ghost-inZeShellPosted 7/20/2014 12:19:30 PM
It is a tough call.
Wind Waker is a little prettier, but since you really haven't played a Pikmin game, I would strongly recommend that you get Pikmin 3.
#4Mega-TyranitarPosted 7/20/2014 12:25:50 PM
Well i liked both but i have to say Wind Waker because Pikmin 3 is too short compare to WW and had more fun with WW than pikmin 3,well thats imo but in the end its up to your decision which one you want.
---
Currently Playing:RF4,Pokemon X, FFXIV,Zelda WW,Neptune Re;birth,J-Star Victory VS,Date A Live Rinne Utopia,Harem Tengoku da to Omottara Yandere Jigoku Datta.
#5CreeperKiller(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2014 8:49:35 PM
Mega-Tyranitar posted...
Well i liked both but i have to say Wind Waker because Pikmin 3 is too short compare to WW and had more fun with WW than pikmin 3,well thats imo but in the end its up to your decision which one you want.

I'm mostly concerned with the fact that I already own WW on Gamecube, was wondering how much better it is.
#6Granadico_Posted 7/20/2014 8:51:24 PM
Since you already played WW i say Pikmin 3.
They didnt change much from it besides the increased graphics and the triforce quest is a bit easier. And a Super Sail that makes the wind ride in your direction as you ride
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#71shadetail1Posted 7/20/2014 9:00:25 PM
WW HD is pretty much the exact same game, just with a shiner paint job. They have made some minor changes, most of which I don't like. So I think the Gamecube original is better than the new version, though most people seem to disagree.

Pikmin 3 is really great, and has a lot of replay potential as you try to to find more items and get better times. The one (minor) downside is that there are some plot elements in the story mode that won't make sense unless you've played Pikmin 2.
---
"It's easier to outsmart people than it is to outdumb them." - Scott Meyer
#8SuigintouEVPosted 7/20/2014 9:04:54 PM(edited)
CreeperKiller posted...
I own Wind Waker on the Gamecube, but I haven't played much of it

Okay, get WWHD, and go play much of it.

I'm mostly concerned with the fact that I already own WW on Gamecube, was wondering how much better it is.

WW is a very easy game combat-wise. The nice thing about WWHD is that it lets you access Hero Mode from the very start, which adds the kind of challenge that the game always needed.

Gameplay-wise, little is changed, but the GamePad makes inventory management more streamlined, aiming is easier/funner with the gyro controls, and later parts of the game will go by at a more sensible pace due to a few minor changes (A faster Sail can be gotten, plus something time-consuming late in the game is trimmed down)

Aesthetically, the music sounds much better to my ears (and it was always an incredible soundtrack) and the visuals look more vivid and of course much higher-res, with better lighting.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#9DrRMPosted 7/20/2014 9:03:01 PM
go with pikmin 3 if you like RTS, WW HD is good, but if you played the original and don't know where the new sail is... it is like 70% same game but more gorgeous and polished.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#10VanderZooPosted 7/20/2014 9:06:21 PM
Pikmin 3.
---
Last gen to-play list: Okami HD, Peace Walker HD, Red Dead Redemption, Nier.
Currently playing: FFX/X-2 HD