WiiU needs achievements.

#11vattodevPosted 7/20/2014 4:47:53 PM
Baha05 posted...
It would be nice but it's really not needed.

I agree with this. There are many major improvements that could be done (like the VC, eshop and Miiverse) that are more important in my opinion.
System-wide achievements are not really easy to implement, because you must create a mean for every developer to use the system. And since we already have so many games without it, the cost of fixing everything seems unreasonable.
So for now I'm ok with in game achievements. And IMO the only real reason to use achievements would be to check what was already unlocked. If it doesn't unlock anything it feels very pointless.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
#12enterthemadroxPosted 7/20/2014 5:02:25 PM
It's probably the only thing I think Nintendo consoles are missing.

Others say achievements and trophies aren't a good reason to buy a console but for me, it's a main reason for me to buy a non-Nintendo console because I'd never play Gears Of War but did because some of the achievements sounded fun and I like a challenge.

On the N64, my challenge came from 100% completing a game then deleting the save file and starting over. With achievements, I can beat a game's main story and have extra things to try and do in the game that I wouldn't normally (examples being carrying Duke Nukem's gold pistols from start to finish in Duke Nukem Forever without replacing them with another weapon or making all alliances in Dynasty Warriors 7).
---
"If you don't like something, don't watch it again. Why whinge about it on a forum to a load of divs? Don't worry about it." - Karl Pilkington
#13JanayBerryPosted 7/20/2014 5:13:17 PM
One reason why I wanted to shy away from Wii U is because I personally need an Achievement/Trophy system.

Those "Achievements" I unlocked in "Resident Evil: Revelations" just aren't the same as if I got an actual Achievement/Trophy.
---
X360 / PSN: KKA OMEGA Jim / Jim_Berry
FFXIV: ARR - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/
#14kdognumba1Posted 7/20/2014 5:20:16 PM
I gotta be honest, of all the things they could add to enhance the WiiU's online, this is really towards the bottom of the barrel. Not that they'd be bad, but they're not needed nor are they something to really be hyped about.

Baha05 posted...
It would be nice but it's really not needed.

I agree with this.
---
http://backloggery.com/kdog254 http://www.twitch.tv/kdognumba1
3DS: 1676-3698-5986 PSN: jotaroxtreme NID/Ouya/XBL: kdog254 Steam: kdognumba1
#15GEKGanonPosted 7/20/2014 5:22:50 PM
JanayBerry posted...
One reason why I wanted to shy away from Wii U is because I personally need an Achievement/Trophy system.

Those "Achievements" I unlocked in "Resident Evil: Revelations" just aren't the same as if I got an actual Achievement/Trophy.

What is the difference? I have to know, because people that are for them are frothing at the mouth about having them, and I have to know what the difference is. As we sit here debating the necessity of them, what would an achievement/trophy be accomplishing for you that the "achievement" on the Wii U did not?
---
Steam Name: gekganon