Amiibo is screaming Pokemon.

#11strongo9Posted 7/20/2014 6:02:00 PM
You know what's screaming Pokemon? An open-world action RPG!
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#12R_HunterPosted 7/20/2014 6:04:35 PM
No Amiibo is screaming a game where you can take a character and train them in their environment. Samus fights Space Pirates, Mario and Luigi battle Koopas. Fox flies in his Arwing shooting down Venomonian Forces.

Then you have the arena mode where your Amiibos can fight someone else's online. Teams of three, RPG style. Characters from the same world can unleash team attacks/skills, but also characters that fight similarly, such as Mega Man and Samus.

Add in an RPG Mode, or a "Toy Box" like mode where you can put one character in another's game. Want to see Samus use the Ice Beam on Ganon? Have at it. Mario smash his Hammer into the Black Knight's blade? Go. Lyn and Zelda using magic and swordplay to fight Hades in the Underworld? Why not?
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
Official Xion of the KHIII Board
#13random_man9119Posted 7/20/2014 6:10:06 PM
I love Pokemon... But if they were to release figures for all 718/21 Pokemon... That'd be ridiculous...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dungeon Defenders,Rogue Legacy,Awesomenauts,Guacamelee!STCE,Shovel Knight
#14Kromlech06Posted 7/20/2014 6:12:11 PM
Amiibos can't evolve with the pokemon inside, bad idea.

That's why their one game with pokemon was one where the story was specifically about pokemon that don't evolve; toys.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#15Demon_AckerPosted 7/20/2014 6:16:57 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
Amiibos can't evolve with the pokemon inside, bad idea.

That's because we don't have the technology...YET
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#16AkaneJonesPosted 7/20/2014 8:21:34 PM
Baha05 posted...

These but I think this is the big issue with Pokemon Amiibos, unless they were to limit the Pokemon, htey would need to make not only blind packs but two sets of 718 Pokemon (Shinies need to exist) and it would be the most expensive toy out there for this concept.

They've already made 718 pokemon figures. I have an old Japanese playset Charmander, a Clefairy key chain, my sister had a light up Jigglypuff one. That was just Gen 1. Shinies would just be repaints. What I really wanted was a 3 piece Team Rocket figurine but they don't make those, just the meowth figures.

The point is the Pokemon Company already handles such things and they already exist. I'm sure the only issue is the is setting each Amiibo's chip. It clearly need a "Pokemon Amiibo" registry number and a 4 digit number to tell you which pokemon it. This would keep it down. Of course this means Pikachu, Charizard, Lucario, & Greninja's Smash Amiibo must be set up as a standard Pokemon Amiibo with Pokemon number data saying pikachu 0025, Charizard 0006, Lucario 0448, & Greninja 0658?. That also means they'd need a second slot in Amiibo data for Shiny Pokemon Amiibo. If they didn't keep the pokemon index number separate it would make for confusing data.

Mind you they may have already set Amiibo's base data to represent series. That way Mario is 0001(Series > Mario) 0001(Character > Mario) 0020(Game Amiibo Set > Smash Bros.), Luigi is 0001 0002 0020, and Pikachu is 0019 0019 0020(it's in Hex). Oh right 0000 0000 0000 is Donkey Kong, 0000 0001 0000 is Mario in Donkey Kong, and 0000 0000 0020 is Donkey Kong in Smash or something like that. It's just an example of how they may have already set it up which would just mean Pokemon are already allowed to be indexed by their pokedex number. That would be the characters are already split by series, so the character set number would say pokemon #. So there's no future issue.

Well beyond having more than 65535 characters, series, or games that use Amiibos. That might pose a problem if they are only using 4 hex values. Come to think of it they might want to set a different binary value for shiny and Pokemon Trainers as a a different Character series. You never know if they want Pokemon Trainer Amiibos one wouldn't want then on the Pokemon number set.