Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?
10 months ago#11
Nope. I don't like Metroid, glad the series is dead.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
10 months ago#12
GeminiX7 posted...
Going by your logic, there should not have been any Zelda games after the CDI games. And hell, at least Other M was actually playable. The same can't be said about digital sewage like Wand of Gamelon.

Other M's "story" was every bit as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. It's just...the gameplay wasn't quite that bad.
10 months ago#13
Akaihiryuu posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Going by your logic, there should not have been any Zelda games after the CDI games. And hell, at least Other M was actually playable. The same can't be said about digital sewage like Wand of Gamelon.

Other M's "story" was every bit as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. It's just...the gameplay wasn't quite that bad.

I wholeheartedly agree. Hell, Other M's was worse in some ways to me. But saying that Metroid needs to be done away with and revamped because of one bad game by a guest dev team would be like saying OOT, the Oracle games, WW, TP, and all the other Zelda games shouldn't have been made due to the taint the CDi games put on the franchise.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
10 months ago#14
There doesn't need to be a reboot/successor, they just need a damned good game again
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
10 months ago#15
Probably, but I'd rather just have a new game.
10 months ago#16
Christopher Belmont posted...
Aren't there already a million Indie Metroid clones out and coming? How would a spiritual successor be any different than those?

By actually being a good game.

Ka-Zing!
10 months ago#17
Questionmarktarius posted...
I've already acquired Shadow Complex, yes.

This. I haven't heard any plans for a sequel though, which is a shame.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
10 months ago#18
Try the game Astronot by Wade Mcgillis. That's a really good game heavily styled after Metroid 1. I think it's free on PC but I played the iOs version for maybe a dollar.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
10 months ago#19
I'm not talking about Metroidvania (a genre), I'm talking a spiritual successor to Metroid directly.
(as opposed to Castlevania)
10 months ago#20
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
I'm not talking about Metroidvania (a genre), I'm talking a spiritual successor to Metroid directly.
(as opposed to Castlevania)

Have you even played Shadow Complex?
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived