Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?

#11Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/21/2014 11:02:17 AM
Nope. I don't like Metroid, glad the series is dead.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#12AkaihiryuuPosted 7/21/2014 11:03:23 AM
GeminiX7 posted...
Going by your logic, there should not have been any Zelda games after the CDI games. And hell, at least Other M was actually playable. The same can't be said about digital sewage like Wand of Gamelon.

Other M's "story" was every bit as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. It's just...the gameplay wasn't quite that bad.
#13GeminiX7Posted 7/21/2014 11:16:10 AM
Akaihiryuu posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Going by your logic, there should not have been any Zelda games after the CDI games. And hell, at least Other M was actually playable. The same can't be said about digital sewage like Wand of Gamelon.

Other M's "story" was every bit as bad as the CD-I Zelda games. It's just...the gameplay wasn't quite that bad.

I wholeheartedly agree. Hell, Other M's was worse in some ways to me. But saying that Metroid needs to be done away with and revamped because of one bad game by a guest dev team would be like saying OOT, the Oracle games, WW, TP, and all the other Zelda games shouldn't have been made due to the taint the CDi games put on the franchise.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
#14Granadico_Posted 7/21/2014 11:17:55 AM
There doesn't need to be a reboot/successor, they just need a damned good game again
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#15BladeManEXEPosted 7/21/2014 11:18:26 AM
Probably, but I'd rather just have a new game.
#16KaiserWarriorPosted 7/21/2014 11:23:13 AM
Christopher Belmont posted...
Aren't there already a million Indie Metroid clones out and coming? How would a spiritual successor be any different than those?

By actually being a good game.

Ka-Zing!
#17dantheengineerPosted 7/21/2014 11:34:08 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
I've already acquired Shadow Complex, yes.

This. I haven't heard any plans for a sequel though, which is a shame.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#18crazymerioPosted 7/21/2014 11:49:56 AM
Try the game Astronot by Wade Mcgillis. That's a really good game heavily styled after Metroid 1. I think it's free on PC but I played the iOs version for maybe a dollar.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
#19Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:54:10 AM
I'm not talking about Metroidvania (a genre), I'm talking a spiritual successor to Metroid directly.
(as opposed to Castlevania)
#20QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/21/2014 12:03:10 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
I'm not talking about Metroidvania (a genre), I'm talking a spiritual successor to Metroid directly.
(as opposed to Castlevania)

Have you even played Shadow Complex?