Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?

#21iKhanicPosted 7/21/2014 11:05:45 AM
I don't think people have realized this. Big Nintendo franchises have a habit of skipping consoles.
Kirby skipped the Gamecube, Star Fox skipped the Wii, and Metroid skipped the N64. It's Metroid's turn again.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#22Sonic_DruidPosted 7/21/2014 11:07:59 AM(edited)
iKhanic posted...
I don't think people have realized this. Big Nintendo franchises have a habit of skipping consoles.
Kirby skipped the Gamecube, Star Fox skipped the Wii, and Metroid skipped the N64. It's Metroid's turn again.

Kirby Air Ride was released for the GameCube in 2003.
---
BFC: 2492-6375-2047
#23dantheengineerPosted 7/21/2014 11:08:05 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
I'm not talking about Metroidvania (a genre), I'm talking a spiritual successor to Metroid directly.
(as opposed to Castlevania)

Have you even played Shadow Complex?

Exactly, Shadow Complex was built as a spiritual successor to Super Metroid, and was quite successful at it.

But to answer the original poll, I would support a sequel to Shadow Complex or another new spiritual successor.
---
I used to play Battletoads on a 2" B&W TV w/ no sound & a half broken controller in 10' of snow uphill both ways! You kids don't know what hard is!
#24iKhanicPosted 7/21/2014 11:14:36 AM
Sonic_Druid posted...
iKhanic posted...

Spinoffs don't count
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#25Sonic_DruidPosted 7/21/2014 11:18:31 AM
iKhanic posted...
Sonic_Druid posted...
iKhanic posted...

Spinoffs don't count

Translation: I'm going to ignore Kirby's name in the title so I can pretend that a Kirby game was never released for the GameCube.

Joking aside, it's still a Kirby game, spinoff or not.
---
BFC: 2492-6375-2047
#26Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 11:49:53 AM
iKhanic posted...

Oh your god, I hope that doesn't happen again.
I mean Metroid Prime turned out to be a great game and all, maybe one of the best, but skipping a generation is rather drastic.
#27Granadico_Posted 7/21/2014 11:53:12 AM
Sonic_Druid posted...
iKhanic posted...
Sonic_Druid posted...
iKhanic posted...

Spinoffs don't count

Translation: I'm going to ignore Kirby's name in the title so I can pretend that a Kirby game was never released for the GameCube.

Joking aside, it's still a Kirby game, spinoff or not.

Its not a mainline Kirby game.
Like if they didn't release a 3D mario game in vein of Sunshine/64/Galaxy, there'd sure as hell be Mario games, but no Mario game this gen.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#28Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 4:18:47 PM
Seriously?
Kirby?
#29crazymerioPosted 7/21/2014 8:38:44 PM
Seriously?
Kirby?

I love Kirby.
---
3DS FC: 4425-1519-7421
#30MetroidOtherM2Posted 7/21/2014 8:40:30 PM
I see a lot of support for Mighty Number 9 as a spiritual successor to Megaman, and is even being made by the Keiji Inafune, co-designer for Megaman.

I wanted to see how many of you would support a similar decision for the Metroid series.

After Other M, there is a bad omen about the brand, and we are even seeing lore contradictions to and from the manga.

A spiritual successor allows for a fresh start with new characters, new story, and a new title.

Depends, does that mean no Other M 2? If not then no. If you can have both, Sure why not.