Would you support a SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR to METROID?

#31RadioOutriderPosted 7/21/2014 9:49:28 PM
I've gotten attached to Samus and the Metroid lore, but yes
#32EarthViperPosted 7/21/2014 9:51:28 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
iKhanic posted...
I don't think people have realized this. Big Nintendo franchises have a habit of skipping consoles.
Kirby skipped the Gamecube, Star Fox skipped the Wii, and Metroid skipped the N64. It's Metroid's turn again.

Oh your god, I hope that doesn't happen again.
I mean Metroid Prime turned out to be a great game and all, maybe one of the best, but skipping a generation is rather drastic.

Yet when Nintendo regularly releases a new game in a franchise each gen they're "lol rehashing".

iKhanic is right, many of Nintendo's franchises skip a system or a whole generation, especially main series entries. Sometimes more than one generation like Punch Out. In order to let the dust settle I wouldn't have been surprised if Nintendo stepped away from Metroid for a while after Other M. Even though it's 'horribleness' has long since passed reality and reached mythical proportions what unfortunately matters is the perception of the game and the franchise as a whole.

That said, I don't foresee Metroid skipping both the 3DS and Wii U, I think they'll just go to great lengths to make sure people don't associate the new one with Other M, either by making one very much in line with the Super or Prime style or by going in an entirely new generation.
---
You do not define what is good and what is bad; only what you like and what you don't.
#33majorasmaskfanPosted 7/21/2014 9:53:24 PM
EarthViper posted...
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
iKhanic posted...
I don't think people have realized this. Big Nintendo franchises have a habit of skipping consoles.
Kirby skipped the Gamecube, Star Fox skipped the Wii, and Metroid skipped the N64. It's Metroid's turn again.

Oh your god, I hope that doesn't happen again.
I mean Metroid Prime turned out to be a great game and all, maybe one of the best, but skipping a generation is rather drastic.

Yet when Nintendo regularly releases a new game in a franchise each gen they're "lol rehashing".

iKhanic is right, many of Nintendo's franchises skip a system or a whole generation, especially main series entries. Sometimes more than one generation like Punch Out. In order to let the dust settle I wouldn't have been surprised if Nintendo stepped away from Metroid for a while after Other M. Even though it's 'horribleness' has long since passed reality and reached mythical proportions what unfortunately matters is the perception of the game and the franchise as a whole.

That said, I don't foresee Metroid skipping both the 3DS and Wii U, I think they'll just go to great lengths to make sure people don't associate the new one with Other M, either by making one very much in line with the Super or Prime style or by going in an entirely new generation.

2 metriod games where confirmed to be in development.
#34Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2014 4:03:56 AM
I know that two Metroid games are in development.