PSA: Wii U system update 5.1 in now available

#1tav19Posted 7/21/2014 5:18:17 PM
Version 5.1.0 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:

New Features:

Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
Click here for additional information on this feature

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller

Improvements to system stability and usability:

Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3070/p/431/session/L3RpbWUvMTQwNTk4ODAyOC9zaWQvV3c2TUpUWmw%3D
#2TruthsEdgePosted 7/21/2014 5:24:04 PM(edited)
Link is broken

Edit:
Works on mobile for me but not on my laptop.
---
Wii U ID: Aikoku-sha
3DS: 4656-6218-3929. PSN: xRadiant_Wolfx XBL: xRadiant Wolfx
#3tav19(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:21:52 PM
I just checked the link and it worked fine for me
#4Pink_a_DinkPosted 7/21/2014 5:22:11 PM
Link works fine for me. But finally, only being able to navigate the eShop with the Gamepad was so damn annoying considering I hardly use it.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#5ToozinPosted 7/21/2014 5:26:01 PM
Those are actually some nice features. Seems like Nintendo is at least making an effort to address some complaints with the UI.
#6CubeTVPosted 7/21/2014 5:31:01 PM(edited)
tav19 posted...

Wii U to Wii U System Transfer
Users can now transfer (move) all software and data from one Wii U to another
A “System Transfer” option has been added within System Settings
Click here for additional information on this feature

Took them long enough. 3DS has it and it was unfair the Wii U didn't. Might actually sell my Wii U to my friend now for $300 (I have $250+ in downloaded games) + all my retail games. Then when (I'm low on money right now and need it for things) I feel the need to own one again (I'm sure there is, but not right now), buy another and transfer my stuff over.

tav19 posted...

Changes to Nintendo eShop:

Users can now navigate the Nintendo eShop using a Wii Remote, Wii U Pro Controller, or Classic Controller

I didn't even know you COULDN'T do this. I know it was just for System Settings but I can't believe it was for the eshop too.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#7Granadico_Posted 7/21/2014 5:27:20 PM
Another step forward toward not sucking
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Pikmin 3 (Wii U) and Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#8SpookyryuPosted 7/21/2014 5:28:56 PM
nice
#9MasterPokerPosted 7/21/2014 5:30:24 PM
Meanwhile Japan gets Suica support.
---
i7-4770k | GeForce GTX 780 Ti | 16 GB DDR3 | Wii U | 3DS XL | PS3 | X360 | Xuande
#10NintendoLover25Posted 7/21/2014 5:30:41 PM
Good to see steady improvement through the updates. None of it matters to me since I use the Gamepad for everything anyway and don't plan on getting another Wii U, but I'm sure many users will be pleased.