PSA: Wii U system update 5.1 in now available

#51BosSBaerPosted 7/22/2014 8:22:57 AM
lp913 posted...
Pikazone posted...
Now I just need them to add pro controller support to Netflix and the internet browser I'll be happy.

That's actually pretty sweet
It also works with the Internet Browser, tried it myself with both Wii Remote and Pro Controller! :-)

---
PSN & NNID - BaerPwNz
#52scorpio_87Posted 7/22/2014 8:32:43 AM
BladeManEXE posted...
scorpio_87 posted...
One step closer to a gamepad-free SKU.

This holiday: $199 Smash bundle with two pro controllers. Would be pretty attractive.

Isn't going to happen. The old consoles with older technology, one controller, and no game are priced at $200. The Wii U uses newer tech, and the bundle you suggest includes $160 worth of merchandise. No way is that feasible after cutting out a (at most) $150 controller.

LMAO. You do realize printing a first party game only costs a dollar or so, right? That's why console manufacturers do so many bundles, because they cost nothing. And a regular controller doesn't cost anywhere near what it retails for. It's not "$160 worth of merchandise".
#53QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/22/2014 8:37:14 AM
scorpio_87 posted...
LMAO. You do realize printing a first party game only costs a dollar or so, right?

Especially if it's just a cardboard insert with a download code printed on it.
#54BladeManEXEPosted 7/22/2014 8:44:22 AM(edited)
scorpio_87 posted...
BladeManEXE posted...
scorpio_87 posted...
One step closer to a gamepad-free SKU.

This holiday: $199 Smash bundle with two pro controllers. Would be pretty attractive.

Isn't going to happen. The old consoles with older technology, one controller, and no game are priced at $200. The Wii U uses newer tech, and the bundle you suggest includes $160 worth of merchandise. No way is that feasible after cutting out a (at most) $150 controller.

LMAO. You do realize printing a first party game only costs a dollar or so, right? That's why console manufacturers do so many bundles, because they cost nothing. And a regular controller doesn't cost anywhere near what it retails for. It's not "$160 worth of merchandise".

You do realize they still have to cover development costs, not just the included materials, right?

Not to mention they still want to make a profit. They're not just going to cut and cut their margins because a few people want something at a ridiculously low price. Also, I notice how you haven't done anything to counter the fact that it would still be a newer, more expensive piece of hardware with more included than the competition's same price point model.
#55JackalPosted 7/22/2014 8:41:10 AM
That's a good feature to have in case you need to get a new Wii U for some reason.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz