What is your favorite weapon/ability from Metroid.

#21DrkVrtxPosted 7/22/2014 8:03:13 AM
MP2's Sonic Boom, possibly the strongest arm cannon based weapon Samus has outside of her Phazon arsenal.
---
Yoga! http://i.minus.com/iSSXXAPTD1cjg.gif
#22AceMosPosted 7/22/2014 8:22:07 AM
DrkVrtx posted...
MP2's Sonic Boom, possibly the strongest arm cannon based weapon Samus has outside of her Phazon arsenal.

Hyper from super metroid is the strongest weapon samus has ever had
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#23muttalPosted 7/22/2014 8:33:46 AM
Plasma Beam from Fusion.

Those badass. green lasers were just awesome.
---
GameFaqs....a place where people are friendly and nice to each other? You must live in a fantasy world.
#24Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 8:59:14 AM
Power Bomb because it helps me find secrets.
#25JediNarutoPosted 7/22/2014 9:09:21 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
Metroid: Missile. It was a pivotal powerup that established the 'feel' of Metroid: Find powerups, get stronger, go new places.

Metroid II, Return of Samus: Spiderball. At the time a completely unique powerup that really opened the world up, letting you crawl around the caverns at will.

Super Metroid: Grapple Beam. More than any other piece of equipment in Super Metroid, this established the flavor of the game. A completely optional piece of equipment that was never actually needed to finish the game, if you knew what you were doing, but was incredibly handy to have by making a lot of sections far easier, and actually being a great tool for killing certain enemies that were otherwise incredibly tough to kill.

Metroid Fusion: Ice Diffusion Missile. One of the few genuinely new parts of Fusion, marking its differences from the previous games. There's not a whole lot to love about Fusion, but charging your missiles was one of them.

Metroid Prime: Ice Beam. Watching the cannon freeze over when you charged it was totally awesome, and went a long way towards supporting Prime's trademark sense of immersion.

Metroid Prime 2, Echoes: Echo Visor. As disappointingly under-utilized as it was, it nonetheless bolstered the whole vision modes concept with a totally unique way of seeing the world that no other game has ever done. I just wish that more of the game could viably be played with it.

Metroid Prime 3, Corruption: Probably the Grapple Beam for its new in-combat application of tearing off shields. Honestly, Corruption was kind of weak on the powerups overall.

We don't talk about that other M.

FTFY
#26Death_BornPosted 7/22/2014 9:13:14 AM
The Screw Attack!
#27ViniciusFernandPosted 7/22/2014 9:27:47 AM
ScrewAttack and Morph Ball.
#28Ghost-inZeShell(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 10:20:52 AM
Das Morphball!
#29CrystalKing5426Posted 7/22/2014 12:31:14 PM
AceMos posted...
DrkVrtx posted...

Hyper from super metroid is the strongest weapon samus has ever had

It's the same damage as a charged Stacked beam. Sonic Boom and Phazon Beam are way above that.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
#30Flare7Posted 7/22/2014 12:33:37 PM
Not a big fan of the Metroids after Super, and I'm really struggling to say which powerup is my favorite. They're all pretty awesome in one way or another, and I really can't choose just one. Wave beam, probably?