Hyrule Warriors - will there be reviews before in launches in North America?

#1teh1337gosuPosted 7/21/2014 4:56:00 PM
I'm interested in this game, but understand its limitations in the gameplay department. What I mean is that I like games like W101 or Bayonetta that are tight technical action games. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors, but slashing through enemies sounds fun and relaxing.

I also love Zelda, but gameplay is King, and if HW is too repetitive (I know it'll be somewhat repetitive) I'm not interested. How much oversight does Nintendo have over HW? I hope its not a hands off CD-i approach *shudders*. Nintendo oversight is paramount, they have an impeccable record of late (except Sticker Star, but no one bats 1.000).

I preorderd HW with Bayonetta and Smash 4 to get 30% off the three games; the Futureshop deal. I hate pre-ordering games because I don't want to get burned, but in this case its a good risk to take. I know Bayo and Smash will be good, but HW gives me the weird feels.

tl:dr are there enough translated Japanese reviews weeks before its out here?
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#2teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 5:59:21 PM
bump
---
#3MetroidOtherM2Posted 7/21/2014 6:02:22 PM
There most likely will be. Take into account Metroid Other M, IGN posted their review 4 days before the game came out. Either that or they will have the reviews release on the day of the games release.
#4DannyM4nn1223Posted 7/21/2014 6:05:59 PM
Chances are you'll see some from Japanese sites and magazines. We'll have Famitsus for example. American sites wont have reviews out until a few days before at the earliest
---
Nin ID:SamsumgPony
PSN: Coco_Puffss48
#5teh1337gosu(Topic Creator)Posted 7/21/2014 6:21:05 PM
DannyM4nn1223 posted...
Chances are you'll see some from Japanese sites and magazines. We'll have Famitsus for example. American sites wont have reviews out until a few days before at the earliest

Famitsu is pretty board towards Dynasty Warriors though. And ign is pretty biased against it lol, I'd rather hear community impressions, but sadly by the time those are out I'll already have the game.

If I cancel HW I lose the deal on Bayo and Smash, saving is good but if I'm buying crap its not saving anymore.
---
#6HeroC114Posted 7/21/2014 6:23:10 PM
Dynasty Warriors are great games. If you think it's crap, you don't seem to want to give it a chance, or don't appreciate certain nuances of the game, such as playing on harder difficulties, and mastering combos and being efficient with who you take out first on the battle field.
---
Xbox Live GT: Hero C
NNID: HeroC114
#7strongo9Posted 7/21/2014 6:35:13 PM
I'll wait until I here some community feedback from Americans and Europeans on the game. I don't like the direction the character cast has gone so far and it's looking like the gameplay could get quite repetivie. Frankly, the Warriors franchise hasn't procurred a good game in over ten years when the series was at its peak on the PS2 and Xbox. Team Ninja's games are hit or miss. Japanese gamers and reviewers seem a bit more inclined and biased towards the franchise, so I'd rather not take there word on anything. I definitely not going to pre-order the game or run out to get it day one.
---
R.I.P. Mewtwo (1996 - 2013)
i7-2670qm @ 2.2ghz | 6GB DDR3 | 1GB Geforce GT 540m
#8king_maddenPosted 7/21/2014 6:41:03 PM
HeroC114 posted...
Dynasty Warriors are great games. If you think it's crap, you don't seem to want to give it a chance, or don't appreciate certain nuances of the game, such as playing on harder difficulties, and mastering combos and being efficient with who you take out first on the battle field.

yea when the only way to enjoy a game is under certain circumstances, then chances are you're talking about a game that has a dedicated fanbase, and thats it.

this is coming from a warriors game fan, i get everyone that comes out, its decent for what it is, but you have to have a taste for it. its not going to appeal to all and can be SUPER SUPER repetitive, no matter how you play it.