"The Update is complete, now go back to using the Wii U Gamepad for everything

#11DarkAdonis123Posted 7/22/2014 3:48:36 AM
Dark_Link92 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
^ Using the controller the system came with? No it isn't.

Yes it is. You can use any controller with the other consoles and aren't restricted to just the controller it came with.

Pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

I hope so, but you never know on this board.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#12RiaanYsterPosted 7/22/2014 3:59:12 AM
Can you use a PS4 or Xbone with other controllers than those they are packaged with? Or do people complain coz they think havin a touch screen on a controller is somehowe a bad thing: "I hate all this functionality!!"

it's pretty funny.
#13CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2014 4:24:27 AM
RiaanYster posted...
Can you use a PS4 or Xbone with other controllers than those they are packaged with? Or do people complain coz they think havin a touch screen on a controller is somehowe a bad thing: "I hate all this functionality!!"

it's pretty funny.

The complaint is that we have like a dozen compatible Wii U controllers, and just to click on a box to say OK or whatever you have to use the gamepad, why not just hit A on the controller?
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
PSN:EmoHobocore
#14jsb0714Posted 7/22/2014 4:28:55 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
RiaanYster posted...

it's pretty funny.

The complaint is that we have like a dozen compatible Wii U controllers, and just to click on a box to say OK or whatever you have to use the gamepad, why not just hit A on the controller?

I don't seem to have that problem. Oh, that's because I use the gamepad instead of coming up with a bunch of laughable reasons not to.
---
"There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not." -Someone who came up with this
#15RiaanYsterPosted 7/22/2014 4:43:23 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
RiaanYster posted...

it's pretty funny.

It seems simple from a front-end user perspective, but it's different if you view it from the OS development side of things. I'm not gonna go into it, but there are many good reasons for it. The most obvious one being that Nintendo encourages gamepad support for obvious reasons (if you didn't do that people would implement it and you'd end up like the xbone and ps4 which at launch were slated to be compatible with smartphones and whatnot and now nobody develops those features coz it isn't part of the console)

Anyways, the fact is that nintendo actively supports multiple controller options which is awesome. It's because they are so cool with giving you these options that you are complaining. If they only had one controller you wouldn't be complaining now.
#16djrudenPosted 7/22/2014 4:43:55 AM
A little story:

When I was playing a lot of Rock Band 2 on my xbox 360 a few years back I would often just use the drum set. On the top it had the main xbox controller buttons so I could use it to turn on the system and navigate to get the game started and whatever. But I found whenever I was using those rockband controllers as the primary controller too much outside of the rockband game I would get a lot of lock ups and other problems with my 360. I always figured it was because they were not the primary controller and eventually the small differences would create some problem that the xbox couldn't handle. Sometimes I would even need to unplug the power just to get my xbox to turn off.

Knowing the problems that come from supporting too many controller types I can kind of understand why Nintendo would maybe limit this type of thing. I agree with many tho that it would be nice if the standard Nintendo Wiimotes and pro controllers could handle everything since they are official nintendo controllers. At least Nintendo prevents you from using a controller that would have the chance to lock up the system or whatever instead of letting you use it only to cause problems shortly there-after.
#17Dark_Link92Posted 7/22/2014 4:57:52 AM
jsb0714 posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
RiaanYster posted...

it's pretty funny.

I don't seem to have that problem. Oh, that's because I use the gamepad instead of coming up with a bunch of laughable reasons not to.

They aren't laughable reasons, some people just avidly defend Nintendo no matter what BS they come up with. In a lot of ways I don't mind the GamePad, but the Pro controller is more comfortable for longer periods of time, so if I get the Pro controller, turn on the Wii U with it, then play Mario Kart for a while, it's great. The problem is that if I want to check the eShop quickly, I have to get up and get the GamePad when there is no reason at all that I shouldn't be able to do it with the Pro controller.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.
#18DarkAdonis123Posted 7/22/2014 5:20:12 AM
jsb0714 posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
RiaanYster posted...

it's pretty funny.

A lot of people prefer to use the pro controller instead. It's small and provides 80 hours of battery life. I'm not seeing what's laughable about that. I use the gamepad for everything too, which is why it's beyond obvious to me why many prefer to use something else.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#19HungoverHero777Posted 7/22/2014 5:56:08 AM
*Looks at TC's sig*

Hmm, there's something missing. Do you even have a Wii U, sir?
---
"You're just holding a button to move and getting an extended cutscene of the car moving." -Servant on Mario Kart.
Have a Wii U, getting a PS4.
#20FredSavage27Posted 7/23/2014 4:39:38 PM
Am I missing something? The update added the ability to use any controller on the eShop.
---
I'm not sure why they didn't let us do that in the first place, but whatever.