"The Update is complete, now go back to using the Wii U Gamepad for everything

#21UsabellPosted 7/23/2014 5:45:27 PM
Dark_Link92 posted...
jsb0714 posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
RiaanYster posted...
Can you use a PS4 or Xbone with other controllers than those they are packaged with? Or do people complain coz they think havin a touch screen on a controller is somehowe a bad thing: "I hate all this functionality!!"

it's pretty funny.

The complaint is that we have like a dozen compatible Wii U controllers, and just to click on a box to say OK or whatever you have to use the gamepad, why not just hit A on the controller?

I don't seem to have that problem. Oh, that's because I use the gamepad instead of coming up with a bunch of laughable reasons not to.

They aren't laughable reasons, some people just avidly defend Nintendo no matter what BS they come up with. In a lot of ways I don't mind the GamePad, but the Pro controller is more comfortable for longer periods of time, so if I get the Pro controller, turn on the Wii U with it, then play Mario Kart for a while, it's great. The problem is that if I want to check the eShop quickly, I have to get up and get the GamePad when there is no reason at all that I shouldn't be able to do it with the Pro controller.

Even worse, if you want to upload a time trial ghost or a connection error occurs, you literally have to get your GamePad to push the A button or else everything locks up. I hope there will be a fix for that in the not too distant future.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They're about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#22kukukupoPosted 7/23/2014 5:46:16 PM
The gamepad is the best thing about the Wii U.

I don't understand people who complain about it.

My only complaint so far is that I can't play wii games on the gamepad yet (with just the gamepad) - but I'm hoping that is coming soon!;
---
FC: 1091-8353-7458
#23harold317Posted 7/24/2014 1:49:39 PM
People who complain about the gamepad are hipsters who feel "too cool" to use something different to a traditional controller because the people on the internet they wish they were said so.
#24ronjon1183Posted 7/24/2014 2:21:42 PM
I'm confused........................
#25PraetorXynPosted 7/25/2014 12:20:15 AM
kukukupo posted...

My only complaint so far is that I can't play wii games on the gamepad yet (with just the gamepad) - but I'm hoping that is coming soon!;

It isn't, the only way it could would be if Wii Mode was no longer a thing. Wii Mode is a hypervisor that runs the Wii OS, so its impossible for it to recognize Wii U peripherals, be they gamepads, Pro controllers, or whatever. It's really a shame because lots of Wii games would be much better with the pro controller.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png
#26n00bsaib0tPosted 7/25/2014 1:28:45 AM
PraetorXyn posted...
kukukupo posted...

It isn't, the only way it could would be if Wii Mode was no longer a thing. Wii Mode is a hypervisor that runs the Wii OS, so its impossible for it to recognize Wii U peripherals, be they gamepads, Pro controllers, or whatever. It's really a shame because lots of Wii games would be much better with the pro controller.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9.png

vWii is a system update away from being able to see anything WiiU related. People said vWii couldn't output video to the game pad originally as well and Nintendo sure shut those idiots up.

You are right that it won't happen though.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#27ZeroArcheryPosted 7/25/2014 1:31:43 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
^ Using the controller the system came with? No it isn't.

Yes it is. You can use any controller with the other consoles and aren't restricted to just the controller it came with.

Uh... what?

You use the PS3 controller to navigate the PS3, and the 360 controller for hte 360... Same with PS4 and One?

What do you mean? Is Nintendo somehow exempt from being allowed?
---
Official President of the NST
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua
#28n00bsaib0tPosted 7/25/2014 1:36:45 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
^ Using the controller the system came with? No it isn't.

Yes it is. You can use any controller with the other consoles and aren't restricted to just the controller it came with.

Uh... what?

You use the PS3 controller to navigate the PS3, and the 360 controller for hte 360... Same with PS4 and One?

What do you mean? Is Nintendo somehow exempt from being allowed?
---
'But Neku, I thought you couldn't afford to lose? Give up on yourself, and you give up on the world.' - Joshua

You can use any PS3 controller to navigate. You can use any 360 controller to navigate. Etc.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#29ZeroArcheryPosted 7/25/2014 1:38:48 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
You can use any PS3 controller to navigate. You can use any 360 controller to navigate. Etc.

I'm... confused.

You can use any Wii U Gamepad to navigate a Wii U. I used my Mom's Gamepad when I left mine at home. I'm not sure I get what the point is.

Any PS3 controller navigates the PS3, any 360 controller navigates the 360, any Wii U controller navigates the Wii U.
---
#30SoeroahPosted 7/25/2014 5:15:54 AM
ZeroArchery posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

I'm... confused.

You can use any Wii U Gamepad to navigate a Wii U. I used my Mom's Gamepad when I left mine at home. I'm not sure I get what the point is.

Any PS3 controller navigates the PS3, any 360 controller navigates the 360, any Wii U controller navigates the Wii U.

He's saying under certain circumstances the Gamepad- specifically the Gamepad- is the only controller that works.

The Wii U Pro Controller, or Wiimotes, etc, don't work, despite being compatible with Wii U games, despite any controller compatible with the Xbox or Playstation being able to work at any time.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.